Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Suggestions for Ultimate Edition 3.6

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Re: Suggestions for Ultimate Edition 3.6

Postby pam » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:36 am

it means the following:
1> Cinnamon is immature. If enterprise dont use a particular desktop environment it will be a long time before it becomes usable.
2> The underlying OS is not well put together.
3> Drivers, most likely if your OS breaks when installing proprietary drivers it means something is wrong with OS build...which itself means many things
kernel being used also makes difference. If you get an OS working with prop drivers then that is SUCCESS.
4> Most linux and BSD software being used for real world scenarios are 'thrash' tested, which means they must not fail in the most extreme circumstances... Theemahn does it with Ultimate...on Arch which is rolling you have to do it..whereas the Debian guys have all the hardware they can get their hands on.....with Gentoo you have to make the glue before you can build the OS from the bottom up. :ugeek: .

Its a skill that takes years to develop and you must have a Nose(literally) that can smell something is wrong and troubleshoot your way through....if problem arises your best help is Google search, without pretense.

Something that looks good and works well on one system, will spell disaster on someone else's.

If icon size keeps changing or you get a disarrayed desktop its most likely a driver issue. Drivers need to work in tandem with Display manager, Desktop environment and compositor all together and in harmony...
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:36 pm

Is why I always say you are brilliant Pam!!!! Am starting to think has been a hardware failure on my part. Think this OS of mine has been hiding the fact the one of my burners is shot!!! Mine wouldn't cut it for testing since as have said, no dice on all the admin stuff! The assembly is good, but the admin needs to be taken care of. I think I can find some of it, but probably not all!!! Still as have run it for over a month now, I call it very stable! Has been through the mill as I am always battling to get things working on Wine!!!! I win here and there but never have with MS Office 2010 or Streets and Trips. You have it covered Pam as it does come down to Cinnamon being a little immature. Xan you should try this buidling stuff, I mean you are much smarter than I am. I will bet you could solve many issues and hassles if you went on the building side! It is fun and a great learning experience, still as am a bit older and forget things at points, would bet you would not and would do an awesome job! Micro did a nice one, took a look at it and is still in vbox. Great idea and absolutely brilliant! Shows his awesome talent for this! Am very thankful still for everyone on here! Sure I do not have all the frills like the flames and all, but I hardly ever get a program that refuses to work! I like that part better!!!! It really came to light though last night with Cinnamon and what Pam has stated. See I have Unetbootin just like all Ultimate users. For a few months there has been no updates, now it started fading to the back. When I went to go use it would take a minute for it to open the window to search for the ISO. The other day, updated and now opens in 5 seconds flat! The point given is Cinnamon is generally behind everyone else with updates, then it takes a back seat just like Unetbootin did to me!!! Hence, Pam's statement of Cinnamon being immature is very accurate!!!! Just love keeping the ideas flowing!!!! Great to have this forum as everyone here thinks!!! Also everyone has a mind of their own and great ideas to boot!!! Still awesome to be part of all this!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby vicodincat » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:05 am

How about something like Super GRUB Disk 2 as the main GRUB, as it searches all your partitions and lets you boot into anything. This would be good for people that tinker with stuff like Android x86/Ultimate Edition/Win7 on one hd. Just a thought, but you guys seem to have this and it's awesome already. Keep kicking ass!! Much love and respect to all..

<BREW>
HP-Compaq CQ-57 489WM
1.30GHZ AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics × 2
5.4 GiB DDR3 RAM
Release Ubuntu 12.04 (precise)
Kernel 3.8.8-030808-generic
GNOME 3.4.2
GCC version 4.7 (x86_64-linux-gnu)
Xorg version 1.11.3 (11 April 2013 01:05:39PM)

*ASK12B1*
*If it is to be, it's up to me.*
*We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.*

vicodincat

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:18 am

vicodincat wrote:How about something like Super GRUB Disk 2 as the main GRUB, as it searches all your partitions and lets you boot into anything. This would be good for people that tinker with stuff like Android x86/Ultimate Edition/Win7 on one hd. Just a thought, but you guys seem to have this and it's awesome already. Keep kicking ass!! Much love and respect to all..

<BREW>

I always have Rescatux! with Supergrub 2 on hand, but grub should already hold all your partitions and boot any of those, although I have had issues with Puppy. The trick is to keep grub on each partition, Whichever partition you want as main, you update-grub on and it will pick up all the others. I am actually missing a couple on my first PC in specs, there is also Ultimate Edition 2.6.6 and Linux Mint KDE through their own external HDD's. Seriously though if you like supergrub 2 and experimenting with drives Rescatux gives a little more.

http://www.supergrubdisk.org/rescatux/

I think supergrub 2 is more of a rescue than a main bootloader but I could be wrong. I also have that on disc somewhere.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby vicodincat » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:10 am

I downloaded Rescatux and SuperGRUB Disk 2. Both come together but I also downloaded the SGD2 iso and using Win7 and EasyBCD, which can boot bootable ISOs, I added an entry to the Win7 BCD and when I select Windows from the .97 GRUB, the EasyBCD boot menu comes up and I just select the SGBD2 option, and it loads that orangey GRUB2. That's how i'm currenty triplebooting my Acer Aspire One netbook Win7/Androidx86/Ultimate Edition 3.5 32bit..

Is that not a really good way?? I plan on investigating tomorrow..

<BREW>
HP-Compaq CQ-57 489WM
5.4 GiB DDR3 RAM
GNOME 3.4.2

*ASK12B1*
*We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.*

vicodincat

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:29 am

vicodincat wrote:I downloaded Rescatux and SuperGRUB Disk 2. Both come together but I also downloaded the SGD2 iso and using Win7 and EasyBCD, which can boot bootable ISOs, I added an entry to the Win7 BCD and when I select Windows from the .97 GRUB, the EasyBCD boot menu comes up and I just select the SGBD2 option, and it loads that orangey GRUB2. That's how i'm currenty triplebooting my Acer Aspire One netbook Win7/Androidx86/Ultimate Edition 3.5 32bit..

Is that not a really good way?? I plan on investigating tomorrow..

<BREW>

I see no reason why it wouldn't be good. Basically you are using easybcd instead of grub. Thank you for introducing me to something new. I will have to look into this more.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby vicodincat » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:39 am

Sorry, didn't really mean to derail this thread but I just liked the thought of SuperGRUB2 Disk as the main GRUB for added compatibility.. Just a suggestion..

<BREW>
HP-Compaq CQ-57 489WM
5.4 GiB DDR3 RAM
GNOME 3.4.2

*ASK12B1*

vicodincat

Postby masta » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:33 pm

Get rid of cinnamon and all the rest on 3.5 then install mate 1.6 it rocks.
just my two cents.
i7 920 @3,9ghz 12 gb ram Nvidia gtx465 UE3.5/Mate 1.6
Athlon64x2 6000 4 gb Nvidia 9800 gt UE3.3, 3.4, 3.5
P4 4ghz 965 Graphics Ultimate Edition 3.01
Toshiba Laptop Amd dual core AMD Graphics Ultimate Edition 3.4 Mate 1.6

In time you will call me masta
masta

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:17 pm

masta wrote:Get rid of cinnamon and all the rest on 3.5 then install mate 1.6 it rocks.
just my two cents.

Ironically, I had trouble with Mate on 3.5.

That is basically what 3.4 lite is.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby ryanvade » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:08 pm

What is so wrong with KDE?

Laptop: HP dv6t-7000 CTO Desktop: Compaq Presario SR21632wm
i5 2450m Pentium D 960 @ 4 GHz
6 GB ram 2 GB ram
Intel HD 3000 Graphics / Nvidia GT 630M Nvidia GT 520 @ 820 MHz
Diamond II-B 3.10-rc4/Windows 7 Home Premium KDE | Windows 7 Starter/Arch Linux