Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Awesome to have this forum back!!!!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Awesome to have this forum back!!!!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:45 pm

I sure missed it here, just is no forum that is better! Have been real and I mean real busy! This last semester is a real bee stinger!!! Have to do this internship at the college with a few pro-Windoze techs! Sure feel sorry for those new computers getting that OS installed on them! Nah just not so pro on Windoze anymore as truly know which system is better! Besides the grueling hours spent at college doing menial tasks, I am also plagued with hours of homework and less time to enjoy working on my OS which is doing quite well. Is not Ultimate, but is about good enough to show off now! Not sure if one of the hassles am getting is because of my hardware that is starting to become outdated, but will explain. Did this snapshot feature that is supposed to keep track of changes with updates and so forth. On mine is interfering with updates thru software manager. To not get stuck with the explanation about the update only and to actually get the update I have to use synaptic. Only other error is after install, you have to update software sources to exclude cd and setting underneath. Otherwise, is really sweet! OLE lady wants to strangle me as the bill got kicked up to $200 for our Verizon wireless connection!!! I feel is worth it though as is one awesome learning experience, that makes me appreciate Linux more than I ever had! Of course if I did not get the inspiration that I received from Ultimate and all its great people, I would be months away from this! Anyway is still based on College users, comes stock with PacketTracer and Tilem easy Java interface, no sudo update-alternatives..... Just put the file in your home directory open up terminal and type it in!!!! Then as us College kids(good pun at my age, right???) need a little breather from our hectic studies, so mame, mess, gnome video arcade, and stella can sure help a bit! XBMC good to go for those that want to shoot some entertainment to their TV's! Did the best I could on the bios's for those games so is only up to the user to download what they desire to play! A few roms appear in a game folder, for starters! Is more of a heavy weight OS coming in around 3gigs, but for a Gnome oriented system does decent!!!! Went thru 2 kernel updates same week of its completion with no hassle, which is way above my first attempt at a Linux distro. As have said many times, "I owe it to everyone here" will have time tomorrow to finally upload it! Remember is not perfect, just decent! Will love to know what more needs to be done and if is enjoyable to others as it is to me!!! Way to many things to list all!!!!! Oh is so great to be back here!!! Home of the greatest OS and most brilliant and helpful people I have ever known in my life!!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Awesome to have this forum back!!!!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Tried to update this morning but my connection hassled me, so am trying a last ditch effort to just get all loaded and ready to upload. Time is limited and I can't be positive will finish this task! So for those looking for this OS, might just have to get today's current update if I get it uploaded. It stalled on adobe flashplayer plugin as my Verizon wireless connection is giving me hassles again! AH the joys of living in the sticks. The fresh air, the open spaces and absolutely NO CABLE!!!! Last statement just shows how backwards life can be in this environment!!!! Oh well, Verizon and it half--s connection wrecks me here and there on these downloads! Will not have the time to get current updates and finish adding rom files for the TiLem program. Is functioning and works great, just need to get the roms is all. Unsure might have some in the roms folder of mess via usr/share/games/mess. A few games are ready to roll via mess and mame. There is only one OS at this time that can beat it and of course is Ultimate!!!! Am sure if someone that is a real developer(which is not me!!!!) could work this OS into a real miracle! Is my hopes someone with more time than I can provide for it at present will work it into something real special. I personally feel is not far from it. Have been using it with no hassle for close to 3 weeks! Is rare as most OS's disappoint me in a day or two!!!! Only other OS to ever surpass that is Ultimate! This OS is also meant to honor everyone here on staff that diligently answered all my questions and helped me on this quest of mine!!! I owe it all to you, especially TheeMahn! His words have been inspiration since day 1, his perseverance to make the best OS possible is just something anyone and everyone should admire!!!! Always the best wishes to everyone here as you are the greatest this world has to offer!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Awesome to have this forum back!!!!

Postby pch.shot » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Dido!
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God