Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 3.5 rave & rant

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Ultimate Edition 3.5 rave & rant

Postby uenuubguy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:38 am

Just would like all you guys (especially the Mahn) to know that this is not a knock against Ultimate Edition. I love Ultimate Edition, even though I have only used 3.5. :D I have, though, had some issues with it.:th_thsmiley-compputermad First, the only UIs I am able to access are KDE, Xfce, and LXDE. Unity, Gnome, Gnome Fallback, Openbox, and Cinnamon will not log in. Now, I had been able to use KDE, Gnome Fallback, Xfce, LXDE, and Unity from the beginning... I was using Gnome Fallback, and this time Compiz was running fine, when all of a sudden Compiz quit. After that, I ws also unable to login to Gnome Fallback and Unity. I tried Openbox, as soon as I press enter after typing my password, it dumps me right back at the login screen (I've switched to KDM). This doesn't bother me overly, as I can live with KDE and like it, but I wanted to give Openbox a try and primp up Gnome with some extensions/conky. Sigh. I havn't had any other major issues, though, but was just wondering what my problem would really be and how possibly to fix it. I have tried an absurd number of distros (LinuxMint, Puppy, Mandriva, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Ultimate Edition, Debian, Fedora, openSUSE, Oz Unity BlackOpal 64) and Ultimate Edition, Ubuntu, BlackOpal, and Fedora would be my all-time favorites. Like I said, am not knocking Ultimate Edition, just have some issues. Thanx.
3.0 GHz AMD A8-3870K unlocked APU with integrated AMD Radeon HD 6550D graphics
8GB G.Skill Ripjaws RAM
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7500RPM, SATA 6GBps
2TB Western Digital Green 7500RPM, 6GBps
Ubuntu 14.10
Ultimate Edition 4.2
Arch Linux
Kubuntu 14.10 wth. Plasma 5
uenuubguy
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Other Linux

Re: Ultimate Edition 3.5 rave & rant

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:19 pm

I just went through it on my latest install and it definitely seems there is breakage on a mass scale. To be fair, 3.5's appeal for me was KDE, but before that I gave up Mint KDE for 3.4 where gnome reigns supreme. I would say you should try out Ultimate Edition 2.6.6 before beginning the journey of DE repair. Getting all of the environments to work on one distro is super crazy. Personally, I'm surprised LXDE didn't just take over openbox as it likes to do, and KDE can be much more evil. Having all the DE does give you more stability in the software department I think though.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Return to Rants and Raves