Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

OS Developer and OS assembler

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

OS Developer and OS assembler

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:31 am

For any people that have been reading my posts or rants I want to specifically explain some differences. Number 1 and the most important point. I BBOSAK2143 am not a Developer!!!! I am only an Assembler. There is a huge difference!!!! Assembly is tough but is only basically the ground floor for a true developer. A developer can then develop the important file associations, programs and finer points to make an Operating system function at its highest capabilities! Basically am at the same point I was with working on cars. I can rebuild an engine, but I can't design a car. Same is for what I have just done with this OS I put together. A vast amount of great software developers exist in the world of Linux. That is not me, in fact most times am lucky to assemble their programs!!!! The only reason I was able to assemble anything was from hours of study and help from Ultimate's forum and staff! Without that would be nothing at all! Currently, I am running my assembled OS. It is quite stable and functional. As I am in firm belief, that this OS is in a functional state, to be honed and worked into a decent system, I now would like to offer it! I owe it to everyone here!!! It seems decent, have been running it(1st version) since Monday with zero crashes and only a few nag screens! I do not possess enough education to develop it at this time! It is up to someone that has that kind of knowledge. I had found I was missing a few programs and associations which have now been fixed for the 2nd version which is also running on my flash drive at present. It is the most efficient and functional I can get to this point. If I was just building it for myself, I would not offer it! It has only been my hopes from the beginning of this to help others with it! I also hope I have not offended the greatest Developer of all time, TheeMahn! He is a developer for real, I am only an assembler!!! I just hope someone will be willing to give this OS a whirl and develop it so it can be used to its full potential!!! Ready to upload if someone wants it! Best wishes to everyone here all the time and forever!!! Just hope can help others as much as I have been helped here!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: OS Developer and OS assembler

Postby uenuubguy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:05 am

I might possibly be interested... do you have screenshots/app lists I could see? Default UX is...? Based on Ubuntu? 12.04/10? And, proably most improtant, ISO size is...? And, btw, what do you call it? myOS 1.0? lol <BREW>
3.0 GHz AMD A8-3870K unlocked APU with integrated AMD Radeon HD 6550D graphics
8GB G.Skill Ripjaws RAM
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7500RPM, SATA 6GBps
2TB Western Digital Green 7500RPM, 6GBps
Ubuntu 14.10
Ultimate Edition 4.2
Arch Linux
Kubuntu 14.10 wth. Plasma 5
uenuubguy
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Is a bit of a shame I can't upload a video of it! Seeing is more believing the pictures. Screenshot won't let me take pictures of everything on the menu. Has no name for it! Is based off the 12.10 Ubuntu-mini-remix. This is the core of what TheeMahn built onto his new OS Ultimate 3.6. As said "I'm not a developer" but this is assembled from some nice programs and pieces. Is based on the Gnome 3.6 desktop. Also has Cinnamon with all Themes. Programmers delight as has Gedit,Geany, Gambas3, Java, Python. Compiz works but is not as flashy as Ultimate. No fire and extra animations! Libre Office 3.6.4.3 full suite installed and running perfect!(including Base)Kexi installed. Unetbootin, Ubuntu-Builder(in case you want to make your own!). For Graphics have Image Magick, Gimp, K3D, Blender and Shotwell. Many things in here and working fine with a file size of 1.9gb. It needs the little touches that make an OS special! Am talking on boot you will just see Ubuntu 12.10. You need to either get a grub customizer and bootmanager to fancy things up! Am testing a few programs at present! The ground floor is there though, the system works and is all I have been using since Monday afternoon. Stays connected well and boots fast! Does not have raid! Presently, I decided to avoid that to obtain a quicker boot. Raid does tend to slow things. At present am recommending this for a flash drive as is highly functional in that state. As a primary OS, you would probably want to get it all prettied up! Am more than willing to upload if someone will host it! Am just a College student heading for my last semester for an AAS in BIT(Software Development). Was very difficult to get this far and owe it all to everyone here! Now just want others to enjoy these results I have obtained!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby uenuubguy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:25 pm

Sounds pretty neat. I've been toying with the idea of making my own distro, starting with some Linux From Scratch builds to get practice/experience, then remastering an Ubuntu or Fedora ISO... if you have any advice I'd be glad to take it.
8GB G.Skill Ripjaws RAM
Ubuntu 14.10
Ultimate Edition 4.2
Arch Linux
uenuubguy
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:25 pm

Linux from scratch? If you can get somewhere on that am thinking you would do better than I can by a long shot!!!! I have the ingredients to do that but it is very time consuming. If you don't conform to a certain type, will never be able to do anything with it! This is why you see everyone do about the same as I did. You take what I am calling the frame(a small ubuntu) then you hunt down all the parts for it! What you're working on reminds me of this car I built. I bought a body with a front end that was a strip car. I put everything in it to be able to drive it on the street! I still did get hassles from the law though!!! It sat like a pickup truck! See what I did was take this small ubuntu and just added all the stuff needed. I went a lot by TheeMahn's "build with me" post! Although since my version is built with Gnome 3.6 there are distinct differences! See Gnome, since 3 wants full control of compiz and is hard to deviate from it! I am poor at writing java, let along writing the proper programs needed to run everything on the money! As have said, the ground work is there, just needs a good touch! On a flash when you don't require using heavier things such as DVD burning can run very well. Desktop is having issues DVD wise. Otherwise is runs pretty well. Is like the "old days" we used to call it "a beater with a heater!" Took hours upon hours at parts to put together as Gnome 3.6 is finicky! Another bonus is zfs file system along with all the others! So it can be molded and shaped into something very nice, just needs time! I started my final semester and I will be very limited on this project! I think it can have a future if someone with good knowledge can work some programs into it! I don't have a web site to upload it to, but am hoping someone will come to the rescue on that!!! If it was trash, wouldn't offer it! It is decent and runs good! Just not great as it deserves to! I have seen Gnome 3.6 on a few OS's and this is about the best it gets so far! Gnome Boxes is there for virtualization. At present, I have Virtualbox also! I figured a good way to use Gnome Boxes for school which I also posted! Am no genius and doubt I can teach how to do this so well as I learned almost everything I know from this forum!!! Am very grateful for that and just am hoping to give something back!!! Love it here as I feel Ultimate has taught me more than I have learned in school!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby uenuubguy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:57 am

Thanx. I hadn't seen the "Build With Me" post before now, I'll try that and see where I can get. The amazingness of the Ultimate Edition community is starting to sink in, it's really a great place to start maturing in Linux.
8GB G.Skill Ripjaws RAM
Ubuntu 14.10
Ultimate Edition 4.2
Arch Linux
uenuubguy
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:31 am

Is the best place to mature in Linux!!! Think about it now. Before I installed Ultimate and joined this forum I had only 3 month at using Linux. Is not even a year later and I put an OS together???? Now if that is not something that shows how great Ultimate and its forum is, I don't know what is!!!! Is true knowledge headed up with TheeMahn. HIs name is a derivative of the man. This in essence means he has true command over the command prompts! This is something that not only is learned but is the greatest instinct someone can have! His "build with me" page is the most intense piece of work that exists on the internet! I'm a drop in the bucket compared to him! I still do believe, that this OS I assembled has something. It was able to run on a hard drive that was loaded vast times without formatting and did a good job. Did not crash a single time! Just a few nag messages, which if you read posts they happen on all ubuntu's! As I want to use ZFS for my OS , I am formatting to install. ZFS is a project, but I need this OS to not die as I do my best to hone it into something real nice! So far no one wants to bother with it, so in my spare time will work on it to pretty it up! Guess no one likes that car that runs good, no hassles just needs a little paint! Might not have GPS a high fidelity stereo system, just dependable! Everyone wants it all done for them and that is why they shuffle through all these distributions as I have done! I have not found any Linux OS out there that can beat Ultimate, just doesn't exist! TheeMahn is at the top of his game as he is the Lead Man!!!!! Is just my appreciation for all that has been done for me here that I offered this piece of work, that has taken me about a month to make! I owe it to everyone here, but if no one wants to host it, guess it will just stay with me! As have said if I thought is was junk, I would just bury it as I did with its 10 predecessors!!! Did make some big mistakes along the way, but at this point is worthwhile! I am a very finicky person and would not condone it unless is worth it!!! Anyway, please read every post as you will be amazed at the knowledge that exists here! Is why I always say "Love it here!"
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby uenuubguy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:53 am

My thoughts exactly. To make an understatement, TheeMahn has an excellent thing going here, and I'm proud to be a part of the Ultimate Edition and Linux community.
8GB G.Skill Ripjaws RAM
Ubuntu 14.10
Ultimate Edition 4.2
Arch Linux
uenuubguy
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:30 pm

Thought I was going to get the zfs going, but need more education than I have! Messed with it half the day before I gave up and settled on btrfs. Have all of them installed. Deb bootstrap is there do a check all is well. Just can't figure what they want!!!! I mean you list the partitions and drives, then enter it and tells you can't be found! Also was stupid as I can give advice, but sometimes I don't follow that advice I give!!!! TheeMahn is one in a million and just hope we will always have him around!!! He doesn't step on anyone's toes and install anything controversial! Very very smart and honorable! Just too many points I can brag how great he is! Never met him but would be a total honor to!!! I even feel like a million bucks when he writes back, and firmly believe he should be teaching professionally! This world can't afford to loose any of the knowledge he possesses!!! Now to my grievous error!!!! Never formatted first load! Big mistake! When you go to load any one of these Linux systems they do a fast half*** format! After 3 or 4 times doing that you get residual! It then interferes with the running system. This time booted up no nags and haven't seen any! Hope it stays that way! Maybe by summer will have it fully built and prettied up. For now just use it and when time permits will also dl TheeMahns OS!!! I won't ever walk away from Ultimate, not going to happen! Just want to see what I have learned here and so far it pleases me greatly!!! Thanks a million TheeMahn and still wish you would make some appearances at Colleges to keep your inspiration alive for everyone!!!! Have said Ultimate needs to be examined by these students working in the development area, so they can become great developers!!! We need more great people like TheeMahn!!! Well back to loading up, heavy semester coming!!!! Won't be around so much so just hope everyone is doing the best always!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:20 pm

Thanks very very much Blackwolf, it means a million coming from you also! You are absolutely awesome on your knowledge of the command line and am hoping within some time I will get there!!! As have come to really love it here and know how Ultimate and its partners work hard to make Linux work for everyone, I am hoping I will obtain some more knowledge to help once I am done with school! I believe in this mission with all my heart! All OS's should be usable to everyone, not just those with knowledge! The more friendly Linux becomes the more people will switch! Am going to study very very hard to get there!!! Am writing this from the current OS, I assembled which I am hoping to make more accommodations for newer users eventually! Have found many situations which have come to find as fairly easy can get new user distraught! Linux needs to be enjoyable whether experienced or not! I believe there is a way! Through knowledge that I have learned here this OS was assembled, I will also be obtaining more knowledge in school. Between all this I am hoping I can script some things that will help newer users! Everyone made it easy for me and I will keep trying my best to make it easier for others! Love it and will keep doing my best as time permits!!! Thanks everyone, the greatest place and great people exist here!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Return to Rants and Raves