Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Gnome Boxes???

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Gnome Boxes???

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Everyone could get a good laugh on this one! I mean I was building this OS am using now and I tried on Vbox. It had no folders for documents, video etc. So I see a web page and thought by downloading this Gnome Boxes, would give those folders and relations! I mean, things with Gnome since version 2 are just a little hard to swallow at times! Gnome 2 was simple, pretty much looked like Cinnamon except had the square edges. So maybe a little less refined? Gnome 3 wow, I mean all nicely spread out easy on the eye, won me over! Then came problems and were a drag! Now as they fight to gain the faith of everyone again, they came up with a nice one! Is called Gnome Boxes. You say "Now what is Gnome Boxes?" Awesome virtual appliance made for the Gnome desktop. No more fighting with Vbox with all those funny settings! Feel like a pilot on that at times!!! I mean all the sections and figuring if one setting will work better than the next! Has to be an easier way, right? Til now, I would have said "No". Apparently, now there is? I can't believe it no worrying about the right settings, just give Boxes the image and let it roll! Not a 100% sure on how all this functions, as am new to it, but hey love adventure! As am writing this is installing and getting near done. Windoze, of course! The albatross I can't get away from til my tenure at College is completed! Just used that OS too many years and want to learn more OS's! Least on linux is much to learn and very educating, why I crave it so much! Well maybe the graphics aren't the greatest on Boxes, but it is functional. Am tired of the hassles with Vbox! If you muff one setting can forget it, won't work. Cutting edge, has to be uninstalled and re-installed every few weeks!!! Then there's a million different versions, so be absolutely sure you pick the right one! Boxes is an addition to Gnome, so what easier way to get than just typing a few letters in to set the repo , update, install and let them notify you when there's updates! Hopefully is less annoying in that respect compared to Vbox. As am fresh to the usage of Boxes I don't have tons of answers, but you know will be exploring it! Yes Windoze is now loaded in there! Have to get all the stuff set for it! One day there's going to be a better way for us students to bridge the gap between Windoze and Linux but for now, this Boxes program seems to be headed in a great direction! Seems pretty user friendly, least to load. Not positive on usage, but will find out in time! Figured for those that don't know here it is. For those that do know, would absolutely love to hear how it all works!!! Love learning and sharing with the best OS and people around!!!! Is why I am here!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Gnome Boxes???

Postby pam » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:55 am

........seems like an absolute waste of time :( . Unless the gnome guys know something we dont( Eg: touchscreen flexible monitors and panels that may sell
for cents in the coming years or bionic eyes with depth and 3D).

On a practical note its excellent and radical for extremely powerful and networked systems and something even better for the future . May allow to build a local cloud with parallel computing and grid mechanisms for home computers....in the future. A quasi 3D networked computer, that uses the computing power of other individual systems on a network as modules.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Re: Gnome Boxes???

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:54 am

Yes there are uses for it, was just disappointed will not work to my advantage at present! Sure wished could use usb or drives with it as we can on Vbox. Size wise is beautiful! Vbox tends to leave it smaller. Sure reminds you that are looking at the OS in virtual!!! Least Boxes creates that illusion you really are looking at that OS! Leaving it as it is will most likely insure less hassles and problems. As you say Pam should make a significant impact on networking/sharing, so is good that way! Guess every tool has its uses! At times I am quite the "Caveman" and use the wrong tool for the job!!! Guess is the way we all learn! Am very grateful you shed more light on Gnome Boxes, Pam as am sure there are many out there still not familiar with it as was I!!! Gnome is not quite easy to navigate. I created an account there to enquire about Boxes, but unfortunately could not find the proper place to ask my questions! Searches on the web, didn't reveal half of what you said!!!! Is great to be on here with the most intelligent, sharing and caring people have ever met!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Return to Rants and Raves