Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ubuntu Builder good or trash?

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Ubuntu Builder good or trash?

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Well maybe if you are building a small distro and don't have to add much is a good thing! Then when you decide you are going to build a feature rich one with nice programs that totals over 2 gigs, forget it won't work! Next while in chroot of Ubuntu builder(filed report today!) if you try update-initramfs -u instead of the system you are trying to build, guess what? It tries to futz with your system instead! Not a good deal at all and am I sorry have wasted time on it! I now have a non-bootable distribution with nice features but is totally useless trash! Spent 2 days for nothing! All programs installed without error but go to make and see you later! I am not going to make your OS, instead I will make trash!!!! What a fool I was to believe that program could work for me!!!! Was the first time I ever saw a perfect wine install on a system and all for nothing!!!! Only one that will make out on this deal is Verizon, boy I am going to be in hot water for this!!!! You name it, I want to say it!!! Is not kind words for this program at all!!! I was a real fool to include it on my distro also!!!! Not worth the time! Wish I would have learned my lesson from messing with trying to rebuild Ultimate 3.5! Just it seemed to work well last night. Today after loading all the programs I wanted and cleaning, no dice! Recommendation is let someone that really knows how to build one do it! Think I will just fix my source list and wait for Ultimate Edition 3.6 to come out! Just looks like I am not so good at this developing stuff! A real amateur! Will keep trying to fix it, as need to learn. If I do will right up a do's and don'ts for Ubuntu-Builder :oops: :oops: :oops:
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Ubuntu Builder good or trash?

Postby pam » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:38 pm

try everything that starts a spark in you, but gauge whether its worthwhile.....that's what i do..........

Otherwise do what Theemahn does.....
--remove shirt
--keep your vest on
--wear gloves
--start digging..(maybe chew some betel leaves....but always keep alcohol handy(not my recommendation)).

On a practical note.....never used ubuntu-builder..

You can try this...
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomization
http://www.slashgeek.net/2012/12/26/cre ... ux-distro/

Building an OS is a thrilling journey........and then reality comes thwarting at you....
Most guys in the linux world are there because it simply pays more and 99.8 % people dont bother about the kernel crap or OS development.....
My colleague is a perl developer(introduced by me) who had an amorous relationship with the language and now works for a shipping company writing code for loaders and forklifts(earns 2x as much) and they asked for a python guy --Me.......but my python is not strong enough to make a kill.....on the other hand that guy is a nerd ......doesn't know anything about kernels and so forget installing device drivers......he runs an old laptop without sound and wifi that i set up...

Building an OS is easy.....but committing to it is a joke....
Im not trying to be contradictory but rather giving the practical side of what i see.....
Theemahn is from those 0.2% of people along with the oz guys couple that with his knowledge and implementation of C......a leader leading the pack.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Re: Ubuntu Builder good or trash?

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:47 pm

You have a point there Pam!!!! Remasters is working on 12.04!!! Sure hoping they will commit to getting it updated so will be good for 12.10! Other page have that copied already! Just not doing so good on this at all! I think I messed it up with synaptic manager! Just unsure at this point and is very depressing!!! I had so many nice things in there, that would help with school! I figured basically all I had to do was install programs I needed and the dependencies would be applied with them! All the apt-get installs did was get me an unusable system! If you try to reopen what you created in UB it just flips and does nothing! Why? It knows it made you trash! My complaint to UB(issue) was addressed as "Oh yeah, I tried it and it didn't do that for me!" Sorry, I know the person is wrong and misinforming me! Why? See I tried the same command in the terminal(chroot) outside of UB! It yielded the same result! I was looking to update initramfs -u once in chroot in the folder where it resides!I was left with a new one and an old one. So when creating the ISO in the casper folder no initrd.lz file was created. You know what that means!!! No bootius maximus!!! Tips me big time!!! As much knowledge as have learned on all this appears totally useless!!!! Sure I know how to deal with a lot of failed installs, but how to recoop on this deal, no!!!! Probably take me a month to figure what has gone wrong! Am leaning towards this boot recovery program I found! I should have built it before I went on! I was just sure all was good, but is a major mistake!!!! Lot of programs went in afterwards. Should have tested it after all the others were in!!! Poor knowledge on newer software is my downfall at points!!! Oh well, might just have to start all over!!! I just can't quit! I think I can do it, but is not going to be half as good as what TheeMahn can do! He knows these things like I know how to tie my shoes!!! Bless him as he is the best Linux has to offer for developers!!!! Am betting 90% of the developers out there have the same incomplete knowledge as I do! TheeMahn has about 200%!!!! I just hope someone will be generous and post a pic of this new one he has!!! Really sorry didn't follow it!!!! I did get past the initrd issue but is just spinning not getting to the desktop!!! So basically is still trash!!! Will look at it more see if it can be salvage! If not will just have to start over!!!! Really appreciate all your help and have look for some myself. Is probably information that is only in courses I will not be able to take!!! Can't win them all! Least am grateful for what I have learned in this short time and owe it all to everyone here at Ultimate! I will continue on to do my best to help when I can!!! Thanks always you're the cream of society!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Return to Rants and Raves