Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Dropping Ubuntu Builder for something much better!!!!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Dropping Ubuntu Builder for something much better!!!!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:11 pm

Now where else on this whole internet are any of us blessed this much to go along and build with a real developer. Of course not just any developer, one that really knows what he is doing and has well proven himself! This is a total beyond honor to do this and am working on it as I write this! Ubuntu builder, don't have a rave review on that! If a novice user goes to use that program, he or she will be very disappointed. If a person simply decides "Yeah I like that OS but is a few month old. So I will just update the image inside Ubuntu builder, then remake it!" Good Luck!!!! Am here to say there goes the image on boot. Ubuntu builder kind of forgets to put the lz file in!!!! So then you have to futz with command line to get it working right! Easier done manually, so does not look like a real good option to newer users at this point! I messed with Ubuntu builder a few days(weekend) to no avail and almost every image that was created had problems. I did get one or two to function but not correctly! Back to a better deal! On Dec 28, TheeMahn opened a post "Build with Me". Now I have been to many forums, but never have I see the developer share what he or she is working on! This is beyond belief! A true miracle to people like myself that want some real insight on what it takes to develop an OS! I am beyond ecstatic!!!!For me this is a dream come true! Ever since I loaded my first OS(Windoze 95), I wondered what went into the makings of it! Well over there, I only had opportunity to beta test! Over here, an opportunity to go along as it is built!!!! I mean holy smokes!!! I can't believe it!!!! Of course unfortunate for me, have a little slower connection speed so takes a little time to start the first part! Is why I have the time to write this!!! Can't thank TheeMahn enough for this opportunity as I have craved this for so so so long!!!!! Love it Love Love it!!!! Come along give it a shot people, you know it is the best ticket in town!!!! What a great way to bring in the New Year, with something you love to be a part of!!!! Thanks a zillion, quadrillion the most !!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Dropping Ubuntu Builder for something much better!!!!

Postby pch.shot » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:29 pm

Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Re: Dropping Ubuntu Builder for something much better!!!!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:40 am

If it keeps going as it is, might wind up being worthy to put on your site! Lots to go as maybe am a little over half done!!! Some of the rest is going to be a little tricky, and take a little time to get the "know how" for it! Is coming stock with Ubuntu Builder! Just don't be a goofy as I was!!! That will be my warning to people using it. Messing with kernels under it screws up the pid and initramfs leaving in an unusable state! Learned that the hard way! File transfer is another concern of mine!! As have said the ole lady is on Windows 7, me Ultimate 3.5 Linux. We both have bluetooth usb, but wouldn't you know are not compatible!!!!!Why? I bought two of them and one failed 6 months later. When I replaced it with the new one bluetooth was over for us! Have found a program for linux that will do this without those blasted usb devices! Is getting installed today! Also am checking into being more compatible with Wine! Since my beginning with linux, I have fought with it!I have yet to get MS Office to install on it, and if I can't accomplish this for my system, it will be removed! I am also doing my best to make the user interface as easy as possible! I just hope I can make it a quarter as good as TheeMahn makes his! Of course he is educated beyond belief, but I owe it all to him and this forum! Everyone here has the drive and the best knowledge on the net! I still can't wait to see the next Ultimate in action and hoping someone has it assembled soon! Have too much conflicting over here, so have to stay on this path for now! See TheeMahn can wip up the script in a flash! Me, I need my Ubuntu assistant, Ubuntu builder since my script leaves a lot to be desired right now!!!!! Oh well, eventually will get there!!!! Of course is still an honor to get a great offer as you're presenting!!! Really appreciate it and once again hope it will be fine and worthy! Maybe by the end of the day will figure a name for it?
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Return to Rants and Raves