Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

If the internet went down so would Linux!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

If the internet went down so would Linux!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:31 am

Yes is a real rash statement! But can you prove me wrong????? I mean you can download something like gcc but you can't install one part of it unless you have a connection! Now that is messed up! Needs to be changed! Can't always depend on the perfect connection every minute and day of the year! Is something that is not possible! A change that needs to happen in Linux is there has to be a more suitable and easy way to install these complex programs! I am complaining for a reason here! Sources can go down, think about it getdeb is dust right now, right???? Now what happens one of us is downloading gcc or the kernel and boom, site explodes! Yeah is drastic way to say it, but there's natural disasters out in this world. Tornadoes, hurricanes etc! Meanwhile, we have the package downloaded and just can't do a blessed thing with it or get it partially installed and our computer becomes unstable! Not a good one! There needs to be a sort of return to the primitive way. No am not saying we should go back to kernel 1! Am saying these much needed prerequisites should be included in these files! You unzip them and boom are 400megs of pure junk without the internet! Now that is insane! Now usually these prerequisites are only 5-20 megs. You mean after packing 400-500megs, the 5-20 megs was impossible to put inside?????? Not right and this is why other OS's are staying afloat since there is such foolish actions! Where did it all go wrong? I mean I read things about configure, make and install. The three main commands and now almost total garbage! I think those were perfect commands, made total sense and any average user can accomplish it very easily! Now we all have to learn scripting and be sure to have all your scripts referencing internet sites or might as well not do them at all! Once again I will make reference to the developer of PC-BSD. His push-button system is quite unique and should be something Linux should adopt or adapt to! The amount of time and aggravation it would save would most likely put the other OS's to rest or close to it! Sure would love to see an end to all those commercials!!!! Also the separation idea with the middle between deal. A common ground between programs and system! Now I can go ahead and apt-get gcc-4.7.2, but what happens in that situation???? I am left with both 4.6.3 and 4.7.2! If you try to dump 4.6.3, good luck won't have any programs left!!!! Has to be a better way, just has to be????
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: If the internet went down so would Linux!

Postby pam » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:56 am

:vil2_torero
The Linux kernel and the tools of the trade
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby pch.shot » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:10 pm

If you have no internet, don't update! :ugeek:
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby synrgy87 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:23 pm

lack of internet just means physical file distribution ;) ya know like they done in ye olden times or casette tapes cr roms and floppy discs
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
8GB (2x4gb) Kingston HyperX DDR1600

160GB Hitachi deskstar(os and boot) 1TB deskstar(data) 1TB WD USB drive(backup+)
2x XFX ATI 5830 1024mb in crossfire
Saitek Eclipse keyboard + Saitek Cyborg V3 mouse + Thrustmaster T.Flight HotasX

Acer 23" HDTV/monitor + AOC 21"
Xigmatek Midgard Case.
multibooting all sorts + Ultimate Edition 3.5 / BlackOpal64 / windies 7 home premium 64bit
synrgy87
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby pch.shot » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:34 pm

How about 8 tracks :D
Anyone for a game of pong?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pong
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Wasn't real big on Pong except for loving to aggravate my parents getting the ball to get stuck in-between the paddles! Flared them up good!!!Do like mad bomber but best I ever got was 2000! But now back to the point! I am referring to physical elements beyond our control called "Weather/Natural Disasters" GCC and Kernels are difficult installations and if interrupted can quite possibly lead to instability or a system crash. Sure I am still fresh to these subjects(2 weeks) and the complexity of these installations are quite overwhelming! A normal deb/program generally is installed within a few minutes. Using apt-get to obtain either kernel or gcc can continue on a few hours! I am exploring the "what if?" Half way through boom, the server takes a dump, their processor fails, cell tower destroyed by tornado or whatever! Not just the user themselves, but where the files and scripts are coming from! These are all the elements. I am not saying to go backwards. In fact Linux is not a "Child" it is a full grown "Adult"! The layered fashion I am discussing would make it easier for these more difficult processes to move faster. Also would allow someone that does not have a Masters degree to handle processes a little easier! GCC is like glue right now and not possible to dump, from what I understand and would absolutely love to have someone prove to me I am wrong! Now assuming I am right, wouldn't it be nice to have that layer in-between system and gcc so programs can hang on to it, while it is being removed for installation of a new one????? Or is it better for all of us to have 10 versions of GCC on our systems? Think about it? Now we can install our new kernels no problem and uninstall the old no problem, correct???? When it comes to gcc is like fighting city hall and can't be done, just wind up stuck with 2 versions. Now if you are a genius(that is not me at all!!!!) you can switch between versions when needed. If you are not, good luck on compiling!!!! I only look for changes for the advancement of Linux and not the degradation of it! I love Ultimate very much as everyone here knows! I only seek to make things better as the general consensus of the developers that designed Ultimate and its partners! I'd love to see Linux "Standing on Higher Ground" than the other OS's and something to that effect would do it!!! "Hey Kris, remember those drivers we helped you with? How bout coming over here and show us how some of your concepts work!" I really don't think Kris would mind as he does need more recognition on his concepts! He is another reason proper schooling for those that are intelligent, definitely works!!!! Sometimes I really wonder what kind of marvel would come if TheeMahn and Kris got together a bit!!! Just have to salute these people as they spend day in day out and those brain muscles are tough as "IRON" and run a zillion times better than computers! Also the father of Linux, Linus can never forget him as he toils daily to make things better!!!! Lastly, none of this is meant to offend anyone at all! Am absolutely crazy about TheeMahn and Kris are totally awesome in their ideas and concepts and never have a hard time showing they work!!!! Just will end with "Just want to make it great for all!"
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Return to Rants and Raves