Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Compiling on another OS???

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Compiling on another OS???

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Looks like I might just have to put a version of Ultimate on vbox, just so I could learn compiling. Was trying to do so on SnowLinux only to get denied. No reason even under sudo su no explanation, just permission denied. Now same command on Ultimate produced a reason why! Told me needs adjustments!!!! Now I spent 15 minutes messing with it on Snow and could have gotten my answer in about 10 seconds on Ultimate! Now doesn't that beat it all!!!! Will probably try ZevenOS first but will bet I get the same results. A project just to open the file(which is easily done gui on Ultimate)then a compiler that sits and spins a few minutes before it spits out "Oh no no no, I can't do that!!!" I mean have been looking at compiling since about May. By the time I got to Ultimate 3.4 thought it just would be the same! Well recently, I discovered when you hit the compiler on Ultimate 9/10 it shoots back the answer "Want me to do it?" Is a sweet thing in my book, especially for those of us that want to learn this. Maybe these other Linux versions can do it, but are most likely missing pieces. Have been through that one before! Hit the compiler then it starts spitting out "Well, you know I could do it if you download another 1000 files or so!" Sure am exaggerating a bit, but have been through the ole "leg bones connected to the thigh bone, etc" with other versions. You do a search and one file leads to another which leads to another and so on!

I have to admit am really getting spoiled on Ultimate! Things work here! If they don't can get an answer within minutes saving much needed time! Still as I have to accept all other versions of Linux, I still have to do my best to learn on some of them! I don't know what the future will bring, but most times will find others on an OS that just doesn't work like Ultimate and have to fight it to make it bearable!!!!! Also back to the complaint of other Linux OS's. Snow was doing the sneaky pete!!!! Downloading in the background(windowish if you ask me!). See Ultimate isn't sneaky, no, lays it out on the line tells you what you are updating, plus gives you the choice of what to update or not! See now that is another part am getting spoiled on! Actually teaching me things about Linux instead of just sneaking it past me!!!!These are points that assure me 100% when I read the article about these developers forming a better approach to Linux! TheeMahn follows this to the T in his name!!!! Once again, I thank you is great to get spoiled!!!! Doesn't happen anywhere else but here!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Compiling on another OS???

Postby pch.shot » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:24 pm

Try Lubuntu. It works pretty good in vbox. If you need help just ask.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Micro » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:33 pm

I always spin up an Ultimate VM and strip off the software I don't use and remove all the desktops just for testing. Then I install on every device in the house. Laptops have a mix of Ultimate Edition and OZ redux and Black Opal, which all mainly run gnome classic. One desktop is 3.5 with KDE just for playing with. Never been a fan of KDE Full, but never closed minded about it. Think older OZ Unity is still running on the netbook. My signature reflects my server OS, but everything else is Ultimate...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby pch.shot » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:02 am

Ultimate won't run with my Intel on board graphics in vbox.
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:46 am

On the same track as I have been thinking Micro!!! Love it, is a absolutely brilliant idea! Besides 90% of the things would like to work on would be for Ultimate anyway so would be the best route to take! PC am a bit surprised since Ultimate has handled these ATI inboards very well! Am betting there is more separation with these new kernels though as have seen a vast improvement, big enough to brag about it severely! Compiz goes absolutely crazy now(great!) with effects that are baffling! Before looked good but was a bit sluggish here and there. Also had to shut it down before shutdown. If not, never knew what I was going to get! Now is the same all the time, right on the money! So would check and see if there is a way to load and jump to one of these new kernels! Am sure Liquorix or this Exton one will take care of video quite nicely! Am also going to have to download a copy of Lubuntu is the base of Ultimate so should be able to accommodate pretty well! Lost some good files for YLMF, so looks like going to have to put that on the back burner til they can be replaced! Still get a charge out of that OS as had some decent ideas. Still best boot screen written in python. the Y was formed into a tree, background lighter blue and stars circling the tree(Y). Very amazing to see that kind of detail for a bootscreen! Am hoping sometime to construct something like that for Ultimate, nice and flashy something worthy of this great OS! Presently our bootscreen is nice, don't get me wrong, just would be great to make even better! Ultimate deserves the best, cause it is the best!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Micro » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:53 pm

Cool glad to hear your doing well with all. Like I said before i use the pf kernel which has the same patches as Liquorix, and never had any issues. knock on wood. liquorix I found to be unstable on several ocasions. But it's all up to you. pf has three nice debs all ready and should only take a few minutes to install all of them. I do believe there is nothing better. But whatever way you go, we are here to help regardless...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby pch.shot » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:40 pm

vbox running Lubuntu in xp:
Attachments
2012-12-18 21_38_57-Greenshot.png
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:23 pm

Cool looks like a relatively easy system! If this ZevenOS don't work on the laptop will have to give something like that a shot! Yes finally got the battery!!!!! Cost over 6 bucks for a little CMOS battery!!! Is in pieces now, but will put it back together tomorrow morning and load!!! Will get back to you and let you know what happens!!! And always thanks for help and advice is always greatly appreciated!!! Goes for everyone is how am figuring things out!!! Hoping to be back with some good ideas real soon!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby pch.shot » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Lubuntu will run fine on 256 megs of ram!
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Yeah going to have to shelve the laptop til I get a copy of Lubuntu! Been so busy on this flash drive deal! Think have really made some headway with it! Going through the small errors that I found when installing 3.7 to it the first 4 times. All seemed to install but never admitted it and saw errors. Turns out Ultimate has a few minor flaws that need fixing, so far have done a few and this flash is running real nice! If this is the effect will have, might even reload the primary drive. There is ZERO and I mean 0 slop when desktop appears and comes in on one swoop! And with Compiz and Unity working side by side! I have never seen it load this perfectly!!!! Usually comes in three steps, so yes am really wowed by this effect! Ultimate is a smoking system with everything so darn great, is just a few minor things and is turn from great to flawlessly perfect! Is great! Will finally have something real soon I can give back to a system I love so much!!! Success is on the horizon and I know am heading for it! Will have to compile a few pieces for it also, but as I always say is well worth the time! Ultimate has given a lot of time to me, so I am more than prepared to give time to it!!!! Still think is possible one of these fixes can return Cinnamon to a normal state, but not positive. As always say on Ultimate, Cinnamon is out of its league anyway! All the other desktops far exceed the functionality of even the best working Cinnamon desktop! Well back to the fun, just figured would stop by and let you know am on it and working to make things even better! TheeMahn you are the best and anyone that could only have minor flaws as such is beyond genius!!!!! Most times I have ever looked at a system has been drastic things, beyond my comprehension! These are small things that seem to only focus when kernels move past the 3.5! Have been reading a bit about it! I just refuse to let this work of art, Ultimate fall behind!!! As always thanks for giving me a real operating system I can be proud of, enjoy and love using!!!! Great to be here!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Next

Return to Rants and Raves