Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Haiku OS Alpha 4?

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Haiku OS Alpha 4?

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Here we go again another Alpha! I thought for sure Beta stage would be the status for Haiku. I have seen betas that weren't as developed! Sure Haiku does not boast a robust coloring scheme and is lacking on programs, but am here to say their new WebPositive browser is functioning at least 90% and that is a great move forward! I had no problem getting to this forum and logging in with this browser. To some that is not much, but for those that understand some of the schematics of connection, is quite a huge task! This is an underdog browser within a highly competitive internet and it successfully manuevers and quite well!

A few years ago when Vista was in its development stage, was not much more usable than Haiku, yet was considered a beta! How? Beats me, guess you have to have big bucks to hit that status! Sure as of present Haiku is lacking for the everyday user, just as other OS's lacked in the beta stage! This means not a lot of developers are trying to work with BEOS to move Haiku forward. Some probably consider the fact years ago, BEOS walked away from the market in about the same stage of development. Let's face it most want to be on the side of the dominant. Still I am in hopes that some will look more closely at this Haiku OS. Presently, it seem very stable with precision movement. No evidence of freezes or crashes have I ever seen even on its predecessor Alpha 3.

Linux has provide great help in Haiku's advancement to move them forward in the USB status. Before Linux's involvement no usb wireless connections were possible. Now they are! Once again, bravo to Linux for your great support! Linux is not trying to push BEOS under the rug and hopes to welcome them into the fold of Operating Systems! Is awesome in my book! Another reason I wholeheartedly support Linux! Anyway navigation through folders and the file system in BEOS is a little difficult due to a continual opening of windows. As with Linux, Windows, Mac etc one can press the arrow move back a folder, this is not the case with BEOS. A new window must be opened!

The lack of any Office software at present is a shame. I read on Haiku's site shortly after I installed my first Ultimate(3.4) there was a meeting planned with Open Office, but never saw any results from it. I was hoping for collaboration which would have surely advance Haiku to the beta state. Oh well maybe some other vendors and developers will take notice to Haiku and help it along! Least I am hopeful and wondering what their future holds! I hope they will not walk away from development as they did some years ago. I really believe in a vast amount of OS's to be around! The more choices one has the more likely they will find a system that makes them as happy as Ultimate makes me! Still Haiku is quite interesting as have yet to see a system crash or freeze. That is also quite an accomplishment! Sure might be due to lack of programs, but still I have seen many OS's with the same entry level functions that do not run half as smooth! I feel a congratulations is due to the whole team of Haiku! Great job guys and let's see that beta real soon!!!! Below is a picture on Haiku's WebPositive browser using their screenshot while writing original post for this!
Attachments
HaikuWebPositive.png
Welcome to the Web Haiku!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Haiku OS Alpha 4?

Postby pch.shot » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:26 pm

I'll have a look soon. Thanx!
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:03 pm

I am interested in Haiku ARM development, as well as Opensuse. However...I want to stick with the Linux Kernel, and I think pi bang is where I will start in the year 2031 when my rasperry pi arrives. Maybe Opensuse by then, idk, I like Crunchbang.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby pch.shot » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:05 am

Oh!
Attachments
2012-11-14 00_03_58-Greenshot.png
Oh!
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God