Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

my ISP

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

my ISP

Postby ixnod » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:10 am

allrighty then...

heres the down low. my ISP that serves my father in-law, also serves my household. funny thing is, is that we are less than a block away from each other. well this evening his connection went the way of the do do bird. lots of intermittent connectivity brief moments of online then drops ya like a bad diaper. so I am troubleshootin like a left handed midget albino lesbian eskimo!! do some software troubleshooting then drop to windows command line. I am pinging local host check good. ping yahoo no cake, ping google nobody home I'm pingin crap off the top of my head ( sounding hollow) next I see how far i can get out. tracert its everywhere you want to be. tracert yahoo, about three hops not enough to get onto the real network, still within my ISP domain. so I i ping the three that I can trace to..... gahhhhhhhhhh

DAYUMIT!! internet goes out!!!.... AGAIN..... :o :evil: so I go back to fingerF@(K!ng with the modem and its connections resetting powering down unplug re-plug so while I am waiting with bated breath for the dam thing to reset, I check to see how the security suite is holding up ( lets head over to the logs shall we? :arrow: :o did I fail to mention he unplugged my dagum router/ firewall and straight piped it into the friggin modem?? so he's askin' me why the kaspersky keeps poppin up with all these warning and whatnot, because he has to click on them to make them go away and such.... I tell him that its doing what it is supposed to do and that its still working. (sorry had to hijack my own rant) drop to the logs and OH MY mutha of pearl!! sweet jumpin' jesuits on pogo sticks its gonna friggin RAIN!! over two hundred attempts were blocked in the last three days and these were simply fromother infected computers. ( I know because the IP's were logged) I don't know how many were actually script kiddies that were knocking on the back door. my router would have told me that. well after much frustration my pappy in law calls the ISP and tries to troubleshoot through them. This has now become an automated process, which I can personally classify as easily being three steps shy of a vehemently object lesson in futility. so after give the automated system a blood clot and a subsequent aneurysm some poor fellow who believes that he has the sweetest job on the planet because of the money they spent on that new fangled automagical system the helpdesk calls have shot down astronomically.

young lad's phone rings, prolly interrupting him from the wonderful world of warcraft on his phat pipe connection. thinking " Oh GAWD... somebody was brain ded enuff to get this far. Boy was he in for a surprise so go back and forth with our witty banter back and forth him " do this" me"Done that twice here are my results" back and forth he gets frustrated I can hear his brain starting to cramp up moments before he begins to seize either from lack of ADHD meds or needing a fix of caffeine and warcraft. Its hard to decide which so he breaks down and sets up an appointment to have a technician come out tomorrow. I thank him for his time and hang up the phone. look over at my father in law flash a quaint little smile before letting out a labored sigh... thinking. " I have this strangely overwhelming urge to get mighty m stabby right now" but as I enhanced my calm and went to my happy place ( which involves a cross eyed midget with astigmatism, a large pineapple still attached to the branch, william gates, a five gallon bucket of anal lube mixed with paver sand and a ball gag) what came out of my mouth was " well dad, they are going to send out a tech tomorrow i am going to have a smoke" I come in after I calm down and the net is back at his house miraculously so back to his original issue.... he can't log onto a certain site. i check the cookies, then I check the certificates so I do what any other self respectin open source goober would do... I download firefox and install that sumna b!T(H tansfer over the bookmarks cookies and what not.. SKIDOOSH!! everything goes smooth like a person that drinks a gallon of malaria infested water!! hes logged in doin what he needs to be done and he looks back at me like i was some kind of internet hero!! well he's happy for the moment that firefox can get in and IE is not worth the disk space it occupies!!

so to summarize:

IE can go suck on 220 watt extension cord.

My Isp employs the least qualified for the lowest price.

I have a low tolerance threshold for automated systems and people that can't think outside their box.

violence is not the answer, but may be the temporary solution!!

windows help and troubleshooting is about as useful as a left handed football bat

interacting with my isp's tech support is like masturbating with a cheese grater ( interesting and slightly amusing at first.... but begins to chafe and rub ya raw to no end)
Laptop. Macbook pro dual boot U.E 2.6 64 2.8 Ghz core2duo
Desktop:
Core I7 820, ATI 5870 radeon HD graphics Ultimate Edition 2.7
maxtor 320 gig external usb
1.5 Tb external Hd
Hp c5100 photosmart printer (networked and wireless)
ixnod
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: my ISP

Postby slowflow » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:10 am

Lol :lol:
Abit KN9s, 1GB 4870, 4GB A-DATA Vitesta @ 1033Mhz, Athlon 6000 X2, running Ultimate 2.2 64bit
Win7 x64 (for Gaming)
Xp x64 (for music production & Editing)
slowflow
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Cell » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:39 pm

By golly.thats one of the best damn things I read on the net to date......sounds like you had just as much fun as I did when comcast changed the port number for the winblows mail server....My mom actually cried tears of joy when I finally figured it out,and she could get her emails through outlook. ;)
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby ixnod » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:42 pm

the most ironically funny thing is, I know pretty much darn well that the dns servers and proxies are runing a linux variant due to common sense best practices , security and cost. but why is it that no one in hell will offer you support for linux when you call?

1: the options presented to help troubleshoot the internet connection is windows/mac
2: under the windows option, the choices go from windows 3.1 up to xp/nt. no option for vista much less 64 bit. ( i think i will scour the earth for a copy of 3.1 install it just to see if they can get the dam thing online.
3: if your ISP gives you a disk that will help you get onto their lines, there's no option for linux :o :lol:
4 unfortunately, 9 times out of 10 there's this 1200 page manual with sticky notes earmarked pages tabbed three ways to Sunday that tells support what they must say to help troubleshoot connectivity issues.
Desktop:
1.5 Tb external Hd
ixnod
Site Admin

Postby deate » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:24 pm

You didn't mention who they were??? Judging by my experiences, they might very well be associated with AT&T :lol: and the lad on the phone, on my end anyway....I'll just bet, judging by his thick Indian accent...his name really isn't Bob...
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby ixnod » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:40 pm

deate wrote:You didn't mention who they were??? Judging by my experiences, they might very well be associated with AT&T :lol: and the lad on the phone, on my end anyway....I'll just bet, judging by his thick Indian accent...his name really isn't Bob...

Luckily for me, he sounded local. I don't want to endorse nor condemn any particular provider on these forums publicly. I might start a flame war of apologetics ( not apologies) but if you must know deate, you can look up my ISP :D that has assigned my IP address :geek:
Desktop:
1.5 Tb external Hd
ixnod
Site Admin

Postby MentalGiant » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 pm

:lol: Nice rant. I use Sprint Broadband internet and when I have to call about a connection problem, first thing I say to them is "Lets make this simple and I won't bother you any more, check and see if any towers are down in such and such area, if not reset the tower at this location" and I hang up with them. In most cases that gets my problem solved, unless the tower I'm using atm is full of users from cell phones and internet users in the area. But, I use that tactic when I call them to save me and them time, because I hate it when they use the dummy questions from their screen. Because if they can not figure it out, they will just pass you on to the next lvl of support and if they can not figure out the problem, they will make trouble shooting ticket and get back to you in 3 to 5 business days. Woohoo!!
Notebook Manufacture: MSI
Notebook Model: MS-1722 GX720
Motherboard: MSI MS-1722 Ver. 1.0 w/ North Bridge Intel PM45, South Bridge Intel 82801IM (ICH9-M) Socket P (478)
Screen: 17" WXGA ACV(Amazing Crystal Vision) Display 1920x1200
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26Ghz, 3Mb L2, 1066Mhz FSB
Memory: Samsung 4GB DDR2 PC2-5300 DDR2-667Mhz
Video Card: PCI-E x16 Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT 512Mb
Hard Drive: Seagate 320Gb SATA II 16Mb Cache w/SMART, APM, 48bit LBA, NCQ
Network Adapters: Realtek RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC and Wireless LAN Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN
Operating systems: Dual Booting: Ultimate Edition 2.2 (Of Course) and Windows Gamer NVIDIA Edition 2009 x64 (For Gaming)
MentalGiant
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Postby Moebius » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:30 am

Had to have a giggle (whilst I convulsed in fits of raging laugter).

Down here we do have an ISP called Dodo.... :shock:
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Moebius » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:01 am

Goodonya Cobber! ;)

Translation for everyone else: Hello, another fellow Tasweigan, nice to meet you. :lol:
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby stanca » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:50 am

Verry interresting today's english slangs. ;) :lol: <BREW>
Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Next

Return to Rants and Raves