Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

A death sentence for society

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Re: A death sentence for society

Postby Lancer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:21 am

my grandpa says:

Dont f*ck with nature, or else nature will f*ck you harder!
laptop - windows vista home premium
desktop - ubuntu 8.10

I'm still a beginner with Linux. Hope you guys can help me with this superb OS. Peace.
Lancer
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.0 64 BIT

Postby LeadFingers » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Nick buddy, do some reading-up on the subject, you'll notice a few alarming trends.
1) the authors use more emotional rhetoric than fact.
2) the facts they use are small portions of data that support their claim, the rest is discarded.
3) the locations where the data is gathered, is small particular portions of a region that support their theory, while the rest of the region contradicts those findings.
4) there are more politicians and celebrity's supporting this than scientists

I know it's Sci-Fi but Michael Chrichton's State of Fear Has a ton of foot notes in the appendix.
(If you read it, you'll realize you've been conned)

Remember the same scientists that are screaming "Global warming" were saying we were heading toward another Ice Age just 10 years ago, using the same data but just slanted a different way.

Never trust a scientist without empirical data in hand.
Remember, Eugenics (extermination of the undesirables) wasn't started by the Germans, but by American scientists without empirical data. If you doubt me, look it up or google it.

We can't accurately predict the weather 3 days in advance, how arrogant to think we can predict the weather 10 or 100 years from now!!!
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby pch.shot » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Alarmists!! As Chicken Little once said "The sky is falling, the sky is falling". Someday soon, a giant meteor will be headed towards earth, and all the nuclear weapons countries in the world will fire all their warhead laden missiles at it to no avail. The nuclear fallout from the failed attept will kill all life forms on the planet. Mankind has a penchance for self destruction. Unfortunately other life forms always suffer. It is time we all rethink the way we live and get in touch with reality. We are just one species on this planet and are not that important in the big scheme of things.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby bpollen » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:14 am

LeadFingers wrote:Remember the same scientists that are screaming "Global warming" were saying we were heading toward another Ice Age just 10 years ago, using the same data but just slanted a different way.

Current theory on previous ice-ages suggests that melting ice-caps put cold water into the Atlantic and thereby disrupt the Atlantic current. The Atlantic current is effectively a heat pump for the northern hemisphere. Based on this theory, global warming causing an ice-age is perfectly plausible.

That being said, I believe that there is no definitive proof for global warming (man made) as opposed to weather patterns. With maybe 150 years of weather data (anything earlier is either anecdotal or theoretical - like ice-core data for instance,) there is too small a data-set to make these alarmists statements.

Are we fouling our world? Without a doubt! Is that the proximate cause of changing weather patterns? Nobody knows. Should we change OUR behavior, become more conscientious conservators of our planet? Yes, regardless of the validity of global warming as a man-made phenomenon....
44.934157796653814, -93.22175949811935
bpollen

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Lancer » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:31 am

watch these films:
1. the Great Global Warming Swindle
2. Penn&Teller bull$hit episode regarding carbon credits (i forgot which episode)

anyway, i wasnt talking about global warming, i said not to f*ck with nature. i should have been clear that what i meant is pollution
laptop - windows vista home premium
desktop - ubuntu 8.10

I'm still a beginner with Linux. Hope you guys can help me with this superb OS. Peace.
Lancer
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.0 64 BIT

Postby Uffe » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:26 am

Lancer wrote:watch these films:
1. the Great Global Warming Swindle
2. Penn&Teller bull$hit episode regarding carbon credits (i forgot which episode)

anyway, i wasnt talking about global warming, i said not to f*ck with nature. i should have been clear that what i meant is pollution

Which one do you mean ?
http://www.google.dk/search?q=the+Great+Global+Warming+Swindle&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.ubuntu:da-DK:unofficial&client=firefox-a
Uffe

Ubuntu minimal w/ Mate desktop 64bit
Asrock N68-GE3 UCC - AMD X4 640 - 4 Gb Kingston ram
OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 60 Gb + 500 Gb WD sATA HD

Ultimate Edition 2.9 64bit
Asrock 2core 1333-2.66G - 2 Gb Kingston ram
750 Gb Samsung WD sATA HD
Plextor DVD-RW - Asus 24" fladskærm

If your Danish, try http://www.linux-abc.dk to share your knowledge and questions
Uffe

Postby cowboy » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:42 am

"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby calypso » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:45 pm

I'm of two minds on this, the thread got me to looking and I found this one from the American Physical Society, Society and Physics about a guy named Monckton...

http://www.groundreport.com/article.php ... 8&offset=6

And then this one from a Jakarta paper which supposedly quotes one of the IPCC guys saying that the numbers were inflated and then a few months ago that they were changed back...on the q.t. with nobody knowing.

the whole article is worth reading....

http://old.thejakartapost.com/climate/i ... &detail=48

so I'm kind of two minds about it.
calypso
calypso
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby cowboy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:52 pm

calypso wrote:I'm of two minds on this, the thread got me to looking and I found this one from the American Physical Society, Society and Physics about a guy named Monckton...

http://www.groundreport.com/article.php ... 8&offset=6

And then this one from a Jakarta paper which supposedly quotes one of the IPCC guys saying that the numbers were inflated and then a few months ago that they were changed back...on the q.t. with nobody knowing.

the whole article is worth reading....

http://old.thejakartapost.com/climate/i ... &detail=48

so I'm kind of two minds about it.
calypso

I guess...bottom line..."live today as your last, pray for tomorrow will come, so you can do it over again" ...that is a quote from me.... ;)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby calypso » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:48 pm

cowboy,
seems to me that you kind of hit the nail on the head, now me i'd a probably hit my thumb! :D

calypso
calypso
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Return to Rants and Raves