Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

striders rants

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Re: striders rants

Postby LeadFingers » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:52 pm

The reason for that is, Ubuntu doesn't get real excited about updating to the latest drivers.
If you look at their track record, most of their drivers are old and only get updated when they absolutely have to, which makes no sense in the day & age of Envy and Hardware Drivers. How tough could it be to update Hardware Drivers and stick it in the repos.
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:19 pm

I love a good rant/ rave section!!!
Here is my list of questions for Ubuntu:
1. Why is your USB support still in the stone ages??? They have known that there is a problem with USB transfer speeds for at least a year now and have not been able to fix it???? As a matter of fact, hard drive to hard drive transfer speeds are seriously lacking as well and this is the same problem as USB, so what gives?
2. Why are they trying to keep up with VISTA for absolute sluggishness???? This isn't a race to see who is slower! Ibex is a snail!
3. Why is it that you have to install a virgin copy of Ubuntu even after 6-months have gone by and you know there is a mess of updates that are immediately downloaded upon your first 'update' ??? Why can they not issue more than one build per release? Why are they stuck on the idea that if they made a new build with the updated software included on the cd it would be a bad thing???? I mean honestly, if you have a cd with all the defunct software that 'is' Ubuntu, why not re-do your work and include the 'repaired' software in the Ubuntu build instead of making everyone waste band-width?
4. Where is proper support for Windows Mobile devises!?!?!? They are not new, a ton of people have them - so why no support???? Try plugging your windows mobile devise into your machine and sit back and enjoy the frustration!?

btw ..... I LOVE UBUNTU ... hehehehe
Yes, I do know that its free ....
Yes, I do know that it has the best community on the planet ....
No, I don't understand the reasoning behind them leaving Hardy in the dust after ibex was released - makes no sense.

Questions for Micro$oft:
1. Why are you such money hungry, controling, freaks - that insist on screwing millions of people out of their hard earned cash just to turn around and make the people fix your software for you?
2. Why did you shove VISTA down everyones throught when XP had so much attention and so many years in development?
3. DRM!?!?!? Who are you? Big Brother to the planet!?!?!? What gives you the right?
4. Why are you not as cool as Ubuntu? You make much more money and revolutionized computers on a global scale, but yet .... your productivity pretty much blows! Your so fat and bloated and don't include something as functional to use as a 'cube' !?

btw .... M$ can suck eggs ....
Yes, it has to be used still
Yes, Linux community has to do more work on the 'Wine' project in order to actually become compitition with M$. Linux will never be a main streamer till you can run some of the big boy software (without issue).
Yes, I have to still use it just to sync my damn windows mobile devise.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby deate » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:57 am

WOW! Didn't know ghosts could type :lol: :lol:
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby LeadFingers » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:44 am

Hey Daddy:

You forgot to mention the vast improvements made to Network Manager.
How much easier it is to edit.
How the Mozilla apps are less dependent on it.
How much easier it is to troubleshoot.

LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby tuxsax » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:15 pm

LeadFingers wrote:Hey Daddy:

You forgot to mention the vast improvements made to Network Manager.
How much easier it is to edit.
How the Mozilla apps are less dependent on it.
How much easier it is to troubleshoot.

Are you intentionally kidding me and pouring some salt in my wounds???
The update to NM totally screwed my control over the network settings to a point I "apt-get remove --purge" it!
Now I go with the manual way, it's a static computer, with static settings, no need for all the useless "fireworks" where the PPTP VPN doesn't even work, while the ole hardy one did!
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby LeadFingers » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Ah come on Zivley, don't blame me!
We have a bold button, an Italics button and an underline button, but I just don't see the Heavy sarcasm button.

It's like Ubuntu picks an area in each release to totally screw up.
Like a magician waving his left hand, you don't notice what he's doing with his right.
Think about it for a moment:
In each release what was the most asked subject?
Fiesty... Install issues
Gutsy... Video issues
Hardy... Laptop installs
Intrepid... They've outdone themselves here and given us not one but two major issues... sound & connectivity.

Tell me I'm wrong!

ps: I'll have to ask Cab about the "heavy sarcasm" button.

LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby stanca » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:31 pm

Last night I downloaded,burnt and tried a UE1.8 64bit,just to remember the "old good times".My webcam worked again,after 2 months.I'm really thinking to a new triple-booting again but this time winxp/uxmase/ue1.8 64.Just to have the best in one place. ;)
Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby LeadFingers » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:59 pm

Call me a pessimist but I find it better to leapfrog releases.
I always have the last release and the newest in a duel boot, this way I don't miss any functionality while I get the new one set up. This also affords me the chance to bring the other one up to double check a particular question for some lost soul. It just so happened that I liked 1.8x64 so much that I installed 2.0 x64 over the top of 1.9. When I find one I like better, I'll wipe out the 1.8.

My stable media box will prolly get updated with each LTS. BUT I do keep it backed-up.

LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby pch.shot » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:21 pm

I see it has all come down to this Linux Bashing. Give me a break!!!
Just be thankful that with Linux you actually can fix something if you know how.
Here is my solution for all Windows users:
A few shots of TinyMe Linux(they update once a year) running XP inside Virtualbox on a PIII(600 meg cpu and 320 megs of p100 ram).
If something works don't try and "fix it". Leave it alone.
In an effort to advance we have come to the conclusion that we will regress at an advanced pace!!!
Attachments
test.png
xp.png
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby pch.shot » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:37 pm

I can be up and running Ultimate in an hour starting from scratch. Windows takes me the better part of a whole day(and I hate it). This little distro(TinyMe) I am using on my PIII takes 15 minutes. Puppy Linux is 10 minutes.
Just stop buying hardware that is not supported by LInux(take a LInux live disc on your purchase runs). It will save you a lot of grief in the long run.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God