Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Did I go backwards or forward?

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Did I go backwards or forward?

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:21 pm

I figured many might get a real laugh out of this one so am going to post it. Some time ago, I had purchased an LG34C and had the service called Straight Talk. Processor supposed to be 1.2ghz Dual Core and running nice, right? Hmm, well maybe not? Not long after purchasing that Smartphone which originally was only for mp3's, I had to dump the lock screen. Why? Was aggravating swiping the screen and nothing happening. If I kept messing with it would unlock. FInally, removed the lock. Phone never wanted to answer with a swipe unless the browser was open? Yes very strange. Many processes were slow and once hooked to Straight Talk, I found the $50/month just a bit hard to swallow, since am not making loads of cash.

So, I decided let me see if I can move to Tracfone. Cheapest Smartphone at Walmart for Tracfone was around $50. To me was a bit high and going backwards to Android 4.0 would be a let down. So, I did what anyone would do, look online at the tracfone site. Should mention even though Straight Talk and Tracfone are related, they would simply refuse to switch over Straight Talk service in the LG34C I have to Tracfone claiming is a difference animal altogether. Now, Tracfone had my LG34C, but with Spongebob Squarepants and for the same price I paid, $30. Since, the idea of have ole Spongebob on it was not overly appealing, I looked at all the other deals there. Some where higher and then came upon a relic, so I thought? I saw a reconditioned LG39C for $10.

Well, money is tight at my household with all the bills and the fact I do not earn a fortune. So, I figured should not be terrible to go to a single core and backwards to Android 4.1 since I would be saving $20. Sure, I had my doubts that I choose wisely, but figured maybe would work out. So, I ordered the LG39C and with shipping and tax, totalled a little over $16. I thought I would be waiting days for that thing to come, but was shocked when it arrived yesterday.

So, I pull it out of its package, charge it up go out and buy a 60min card which is then tripled due to being a reconditioned unit. I start setting things up on it and am shocked to find out this thing works faster and more efficient and effectlively than the LG34C. Now is only a 1ghz single core, so I thought am going to be waiting forever for things to happen on it. I am way wrong. Takes me longer on the 1.2ghz dual core??? Makes zero sense but is true. The lock screen works like a dream. One swipe and it opens. Screen size is 3.8 and more viewable than the 3.5 the LG34C had. Music is sounding better on there in the car, email gets right there instead of twirling/spinning its wheels for a few minutes.

So now I come to believe that the original smartphone LG34C was defective and current LG39C works correctly. Afterall, LG39C does have a year warranty on it too. So even though is supposed to be a weaker processor and system is older, I in fact believe I moved forward. What would you say? Now also take into account I took the 32 gb micro sd(fully loaded with music) and put it in the LG39C. The other had also run that micro sd card. Programs in it are fairly identical. So both were in the same situation, right?

Now, I am also going to list this for users with Smartphones so that there is no confusion with trafone service. Now, if you buy a card say 90 min. For this phone would list 90 mins talk/90 texts/ 90 mb data. So, if you are considering a move this drastic and to be least expensive, you will have to consider hardly using the internet on the device. Turn off GPS, forget updating, transfer apk's from desktop computer, and just check email here and there along with your tracfone usage program. Otherwise forget the net on there, unless you want to be left with zero minutes in a day or two, as I am just about. I blew it! Turned on the GPS, let it update and downloaded 3 things on it. So, I am giving the above advice to people considering an economical move of such.

I have written to tracfone, in hopes there will be some way to purchase just data. I do not talk on phones for long periods of time. Most times used is for work purposes only. Now that I have the programs needed, I will not need to download anymore. GPS, forget it I know where I am going, since nothing is out of the normal travel I do daily for work. So basically, all I will really need to do is check email while at work, here and there, along with using the tracfone app to check minutes and data used. Just figures now that onscreen keyboard gives me no hassle, works great will hardly use it. Other just jerked me around severely and made me not want to work it at all. Still, I have to consider am budgeting and watching I do not spend above my means.

All in all, maybe some of this information will help others that are in the same boat as I am. I do not make a fortune, can't spend that way and have to look to ways of saving cash as to pay other bills that are more important. So, If I find more information out, you bet I will share it here so others can benefit. Also if anyone has advice how to conserve on usage, am game. No pro at these things whatsoever. As said, All I want to do is just use it for a phone, open pdf's for work, play my music in the car, check my email and usage. No real desire to do anymore with it since I know I do not have unlimited data downloads.
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Did I go backwards or forward?

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu May 21, 2015 11:05 pm

Wherever you go, there you are.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:01 am

Alright!!! Love it. Recognized that right away, Xan. Ole Buckeroo Banzai! Anyway will leave a little note for those viewing. Once you get a smartphone with tracfone, do yourself a favor register online. Then you can purchase data cards at their site for $10=250mb $20=750mb and $40=1gb. You can't buy data cards at the store. Next, when not using online services, turn off Data. This will also conserve your battery, big time. I ran all day yesterday listening to a few disks, checked email a few times and just checking time at work and used only 10% power. SImply put battery dropped from full charge to 90%. Data chews the battery life big time. With these tracfones is an option to have data going all time and can be shut off quickly.

I was also a bit quick saying everything is fine and dandy with this phone. Have learned not to shut it down and reboot due to having this 32gb micro sd. What happens is it wants to scan and refuses to give up til it crashes and reboots. If someone knows how to stop the scanning program will be obliged greatly. My solution just don't turn it off. I have 45mins of travel to work and want to hear music not watch it scan my micro sd. For now is all and hope this will help users that have similar needs.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:10 pm

Well, I did go backwards and not forwards in the least. Turns out seeing that this smartphone is reconditioned is some hassles, although not the same I experienced with the LG Optimus Fuel LG34C. Since I have a 32GB microsd installed with a single cell processor am in trouble when it comes to usability. If I shut the thing off, I have to wait somewhere in the range of 15-20min for the scan to complete for the microsd installed which is packed with music and a few files for work. Remember, I also did format and reload the 32gb microsd so would be compatible with the 4.1 Android OS installed.

If that were the only problem, I would be able to live with the unit and just start it up earlier or not turn it off much at all. Unfortunately, there are sound issues such as people not hearing me talk to them on the phone. Sound playing out of speaker and headphone jack at same time. Home screen changed on its own. So apparently, it sure is reconditioned, but for who and what, that I do not know?

So, I have a few choices can make from here, since I only want to use tracfone services since I refuse to pay more for services that I do not need. Remember, I am just checking email, using for pdf's and playing music in my car. If I bought another LG34C that would be associated with tracfone only, I close myself off to options in the future. Also, have noticed I was not the only LG34C user that experienced not being able to answer the phone when it rings, is apparently a problem LG really does not care about. Best I would be able to do on the tracfone site would be to go to the LG2. I just discovered a better option though. Most know how much I rave about ASUS, well seems they have a solution. Am liking the idea of an Asus Zenfone 4. The capabilities are above what I have been with. Can run a 64gb microsd which means, yes double the music and files and love that aspect.

Next, it appears no matter what network you decide on Zenfone can be adjusted for it. Hmm, now how many smartphones out there do that????? Is a litte more expensive, but amazingly slightly cheaper than LG2 that is available on the tracfone site, which is limited to the 32gb microSd. Internal storage is higher and some other specs with it seem quite impressive. Another awesome thing, seems these phones are also on the top of the list for updated operating systems? I though Samsung held that one, right? Nope, just like many of their other devices, seems Asus builds their equipment for the future and just not the here and now. Why do I say that? Think about it, am writing from an outdated computer, right? One more year and it becomes 8 years old?

Still, am about a week away from ordering this phone and would love it if someone can give me some heads up for or against it, okay? Basically, what am saying is if someone owns one and can tell me if it works well or have gone through hassles. I am just tired of these LG problems. I love their TV's but to me just seems they are lacking and kind of careless on these smaller devices. Remember, I am not nowhere near wealthy or loaded with cash. Buying a smartphone for over $200 just does not work for me. In a way, going to $100 plus a few bucks, is a bit much. Still, I think of the laptop and this PC and how little hassles have had, and think, just maybe if that Zenfone is the same, will be well worth it, right?
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:37 pm

Going to lay a little more information here, maybe some will find useful. Seems the Zenfone 4 I mentioned was lacking in some departments such as display and battery life. I opted to go to the Zenfone 5 A500KL which is the quad-core processor. Is in the process of shipping right now. Yes, great DHL has this thing about only shipping 2 days a week to my area, just my luck, right? From what I can see this page pretty well should get it adjusted for Tracfone; https://apn.gishan.net/settings/854_25_ ... fone_5.php

From what I have read, appears Zenfone 5 is up to par on many things. Basically, research I have done, nothing compares to the quality of the Zenfone 5 for less than $300. Luckily, I was able to purchase one for $163 which is including a case and shipping. Average price for Zenfone 5 is around $230 which is still lower than most phones that compare. I understand many people are with normal services such as Verizon, AT&T or Sprint. Still, there are some of us that do not want to be tied down since our jobs do not guarantee that monthly bill being paid. So, we must depend on other service providers, which generally means unlocked phones.

Unlocked phones can be extremely expensive since there is that allowance of using whatever provider you decide on. So far the two cheapest providers have heard of are Tracfone(http://www.tracfone.com) and FreedomPop(http://www.freedompop.com). Unfortunately, FreedomPop is not in my area at present, but is possible may be in whoever will be reading this. Their deal is better than Tracfone since is cheaper and allows more call time and data. Tracfone runs about $8/month not counting on if you purchase data cards for $10=250mb $20=750mb or $40=1gb. Of course, both sites have you check your ESN's on their site to see if your phone is compatible with their service.

Am constantly hoping someone here would discuss some reasonable providers as I have, since not all of us can afford to get locked into payments of $45/month and above. I do not know about everyone here, but speaking for myself with electric bill, satellite, etc.., can't afford another drain on the pocket book. Not only that, some of us need these phones for minimal usage. We are not internet hogs and online gamers. We simply need to check our email or other small internet searches. So, to have upwards of 5gigs of data is overkill to the max.So, in closing I once again ask if anyone can add some useful tips to those of us in need of service as I am describing will be greatly appreciated. Once my new Zenfone 5 comes will also update everyone here and let them know of its performance. Best wishes to all.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Asus A500KL, a move to the future!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:31 am

Finally after waiting the entire weekend this beauty has arrived. I feel like I just stepped out of some old 60's car and got into the driver's seat of a brand new car. Can say goodbye to hassles of not being able to check my online bank statement since works flawlessly. Something the former LG's I had could not handle most likely due to screen size. Still, this thing far exceeds those relics as described above.

Many misconceptions out there about this device. It is manufactured in China, so yes would say the rom is Chineese, right? Does it make a difference on updating. Absolutely not. Best instructions are to follow what ASUS says and you will be fine. I updated to newer Kit Kat then to Lolipop in approximately 20 minutes. So, do not be quaking in your boots so to speak about bricking it, since if you use the official Asus updates, guaranteed no hassle and probably less hassle then waiting for your car to get its oil changed.

In laymen's terms download the zip to your Internal Storage on the device. Here is the site and better instructions than I can give. I followed them and I am on Lollipop right now with zero issues. Site: http://www.asus.com/support/Download/39/1/0/6/8/ Also if you purchased unit and only have Chineese manual go to: http://www.asus.com/supportonly/ASUS%20 ... %20(A500KL)/HelpDesk_Manual/ where you can get the English version.

I talked about getting on Tracfone services, but thus far helpdesk online has told me this phone is not compatible with their network. Remember now, it does need a micro sim card first. So, I have elected to use Ting.com. If you remember past posts, was talking about my lower usage. Seems they bill to that extent. FreedomPop gave no option to buy the micro sim for this unit, so was also out of luck with them. Spent a few hours searching for the lowest end cost for service and thus far only Ting fit that bill. Many places will not even offer services for this unit since is not Sprint or Verizon capable.

Hope this helps all. Would paste some pics but right now something has gone wrong with scanner and is only scanning in black and white which does not due this beautiful piece justice as screen is quite beautiful. Anyone has advice, something to add help us all out with these devices, please by all means do it. This was all done to help others that may be thinking of a switch from an older device to something more modern and useful.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Admin010 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:42 am

thanks
Admin010
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie