Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

please help with Compiz...

Welcome to eyecandy central.

please help with Compiz...

Postby stlsaint » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:59 pm

so i did a fresh install of UE2.2 and got compiz up and running great but today i booted up and the screen stayed black after i logged in. So i had to do a recovery on system and when i logged in succesfully i could no longer do any of my compiz set views...(ie...windows switcher...virtual desktop changer...fire letters...etc...nothing involving compiz works!!) prior to this earlier this week installed a bunch of new progs...from synaps manager...could programs conflict with compiz and cause it not to work??? and i forgot where to go to ensure that my 3D Accelerator was working...help with that will be appreciated as well!!!!

8400 nvidia
intel cent duo
stlsaint

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: please help with Compiz...

Postby DarkChild » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:12 am

Hello & welcome to the Ultimate Edition Board stlsaint.

As for your problems, did you check to see if your nvidia drivers were still enabled? If not i am recommending that you do just that!! Yes programs can cause programs incompatibility, but I don't think that was the issue. It most cases when a user gets a black screen its most likely to be a problem with the xserver/video drivers or maybe kernel issues after doing system updates!!
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Re: please help with Compiz...

Postby yitzikv » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:35 pm

stlsaint wrote:so i did a fresh install of UE2.2 and got compiz up and running great but today i booted up and the screen stayed black after i logged in. So i had to do a recovery on system and when i logged in succesfully i could no longer do any of my compiz set views...(ie...windows switcher...virtual desktop changer...fire letters...etc...nothing involving compiz works!!) prior to this earlier this week installed a bunch of new progs...from synaps manager...could programs conflict with compiz and cause it not to work??? and i forgot where to go to ensure that my 3D Accelerator was working...help with that will be appreciated as well!!!!

8400 nvidia
intel cent duo

Hi & welcome :)
As darkchild666 said about graphics (which happens in most cases) I would like to add something:
Usually you shouldn't have any conflicts between any programs and compiz, however sometimes when installing a new program comes along some dependencies and that can cause the problem with GPU drivers or compiz dependencies, my suggestion is to reinstall (complete remove and fresh install) your graphic driver using ENVY script. That usually does the trick.
However if you still gonna see the problem afterwards which I don't think you will, try this:
1: go to synaptic manager
2: mark all compiz stuff including emerald and cairo-dock for complete removal
3: apply changes
4: restart X
5: install them again (compiz + dependencies if t will ask you to)
6: restart X once again after installation

Good Luck <BREW>
HP Pavilion dv6500t CTO Notebook PC
CPU: Intel(R) Core 2 Duo Processor (2.0GHz)
Ram: 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Video: 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Hard Disks: 120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Media: 20X DVD Burner with LightScribe Support
yitzikv

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Return to Compiz-Fusion: Believe the Unbelievable