Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Install, Build, Develop, Share & Enjoy

Welcome to eyecandy central.

Re: Install, Build, Develop, Share & Enjoy

Postby ixnod » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:18 pm

TheeMahn wrote:Did you know I have written software to get the latest greatest, and to compile it via your computer? I personally have never seen a program that greps cores assigns a value and builds it as 4 cores as per example. If you have it why not flaunt it? Alll programs should be done the same way. My next comp will have 8 cores right? -j8 on build ;)

Are you referring to the new I7 or dual socket 771 xeons?

if you don't plan on OC the bastid, then I think xeon would be the way to go.

Hell, why don't we just go and get 12 cores and be done with it!??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819117176

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813121274
Laptop. Macbook pro dual boot U.E 2.6 64 2.8 Ghz core2duo
Desktop:
Core I7 820, ATI 5870 radeon HD graphics Ultimate Edition 2.7
maxtor 320 gig external usb
1.5 Tb external Hd
Hp c5100 photosmart printer (networked and wireless)
ixnod
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby yitzikv » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:30 pm

deate wrote:
pch.shot wrote:I use that one too. It is available with most distros. Would have thought you would have come upon it by now, Deate.

Oh, I saw all of those, but was curious as to what the masters were using :D And from all the reviews I read, didn't look like any came close to the features in ,say Camtasia Studio, so was wondering what the best alternatives were...more curiosity than anything else... :oops:

Yes, Camtasia, I've used it quiet a lot, the question is which features exactly are you talking about in screen capture:
sound/sound source select - check
custom mouse record - check
screen/active window/custom area - check
color correction - check
keyboard shortcuts -check
basically all options are there, even more, gtk-RecordMyDesktop gives you an ability to play with frames (which is totally amazing).
My personal opinion is that Linux totally beats Windows on that.
The only thing is that Camtasia is not a single app but a bundle along with some editing soft like trimming, cropping etc.
Camtasia Studio 6 (latest) applications:
Camtasia Recorder/Editor
Camtasia Menu Maker
Camtasia Theater
A bundle is a bundle :(
So which one are you missing, may be there is a pretty good solution out there in Linux? I am sure it is, there are so many of them. First I was frustrated too :oops: , you know all the GUI stuff, but came to realize fast enough that as more complicated interface is, as better app's are (well at least in this particular case)
<BREW>
HP Pavilion dv6500t CTO Notebook PC
CPU: Intel(R) Core 2 Duo Processor (2.0GHz)
Ram: 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Video: 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Hard Disks: 120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Media: 20X DVD Burner with LightScribe Support
yitzikv

Postby pch.shot » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:17 pm

If you need a simple snapshot of your desktop(or a window), you can't beat KSnapshot. It is as simple as it gets.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby stanca » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:02 am

Here is something recorded with camstudio,deate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGkIwPQC ... re=related . ;)
Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby nesquix » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:15 pm

Waaaw !

i'm really bluffed, the youtube video of the Ultimate Edition 2.0 is wonderfull, the music with bomfunk really goes with the movie!! if you don't love linux after watching it .. lol

sorry for my english i'm french

so, i'm on ubuntu intrepid ibex, all is working ok, i have installed via ultamatix ultimate-edition-themes-.0.0.4_all.deb, but i don't find any configuration files of compiz, with the skydome or other.

Can you yitzikv make a package, with the skydome utilised for the movie, with the correct picture of the cube.. and the compiz configuration file?

thanks by advance

Nesquix
nesquix
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.0 64 BIT

Postby yitzikv » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:34 pm

nesquix wrote:Waaaw !

i'm really bluffed, the youtube video of the Ultimate Edition 2.0 is wonderfull, the music with bomfunk really goes with the movie!! if you don't love linux after watching it .. lol

sorry for my english i'm french

so, i'm on ubuntu intrepid ibex, all is working ok, i have installed via ultamatix ultimate-edition-themes-.0.0.4_all.deb, but i don't find any configuration files of compiz, with the skydome or other.

Can you yitzikv make a package, with the skydome utilised for the movie, with the correct picture of the cube.. and the compiz configuration file?

thanks by advance

Nesquix

Thanks and welcome aboard <BREW>
It is like a prophecy: I was actually going to write a .deb file for compiz settings, plug-ins, skydomes etc, after I thought may be to ask TheeMahn to include that stuff in Ultimate Edition distro or Ultramatrix but got a "stop sign in the middle of the road"...

The reason was that at first I've wrote 2 small simple .sh scripts. One supposed to download installations from the web separately for each plug-in (download .zip files, extract them, compile and install), another one had to download one big zip file from file hosting site and do the same then faced a problem with moved or deleted files from there, still wondering why, most likely cause of unreliable hosts, besides that other problem that I've came across when switched to a .deb file...

So I've switched to a .deb idea, the only problem was that some plug-ins did not compile right and where giving an error message on my friend's PC, cause for me it worked out just fine, only I've forgotten the fact that I had my Ultimate Edition patched with all extras required and my friend simply didn't. Then I realized that it has to be .deb file with all that automated or may be some text file coming along with installation instructions that you should install this and this first before running the script. Then I've done that too there were still some errors with compiling so I've decided to do some investigation and recompile every single plug-in by hand from it's original look created by Compiz user-geeks.

The thing is I am a bit new to C coding and still training when I have free time. I am about to release a new video with each plug-in described, some of them most Compiz users haven't even seen. They're simply new or some old one's patched with new features and integrations. So I hope that it is not going to take long, just do not have enough time. If you wanna try one of my old scrips on your own risk, I can drop theme here if you want of course. Stay well.
<BREW> <BREW> <BREW>
HP Pavilion dv6500t CTO Notebook PC
CPU: Intel(R) Core 2 Duo Processor (2.0GHz)
Ram: 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Video: 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Hard Disks: 120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Media: 20X DVD Burner with LightScribe Support
yitzikv

Previous

Return to Compiz-Fusion: Believe the Unbelievable