Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Boot screen

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.0

Boot screen

Postby ordlinuse » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:21 pm

First of all, I'd like to say hello to all the members of the forum. I'm a new member and I've used Ultimate Edition 1.9 in the past and now I'm using Ultimate Edition 2.0 64. Also I'd like to congratulate all those (I don't know how many are they) that created the Ultimate Edition series of operating systems.The only question that I have (I hope I used the correct section to post it) is the following. When I turn on my pc, I watch all the modules and all the processes start in a black screen. How can I change it and make it look like in Ubuntu? Only a screen with the Ultimate Edition logo and a bar showing the boot progress I mean. Thank you very much.
ordlinuse
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Re: Boot screen

Postby kiwinsn » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:12 pm

I had the exact same problem in 2.0 x64. It turned out to be the size of the pic used.

You need to go to Applications - System Tools - Ultamatix. If Ultimatix is not there, go here and download: http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtop ... 28&p=32242 (3rd post has the .deb to the latest version)Double click the .deb to install.) Then go to Applications - System Tools - Ultamatix

Start it up and browse through until you see Start-Up Manager. Tick it so that it will install then let Ultinatix do it's stuff. Under System - Administration you will find a link to Startup Manager. Click it.
Under Boot Options is a Display section. Mine was 640x480 using 8bit. Change it if need be.

The other option is download and install 2.1 x64. The new version fixed my problem immediately ( the details above were set up on installation).

Hope this helps.

Cheers
System:
Specs to come.
Registered Linux user number: 542342
kiwinsn

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby ordlinuse » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:31 pm

Thanks for the quick answer. I installed start-up manager and I tried several screen resolusions at the Display section and the only thing I achieved was making prettier the module letters that are being loaded :oops: . But no loading screen. I'll give it a try a little bit more.
ordlinuse
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby deate » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:29 pm

ordlinuse wrote:Thanks for the quick answer. I installed start-up manager and I tried several screen resolusions at the Display section and the only thing I achieved was making prettier the module letters that are being loaded :oops: . But no loading screen. I'll give it a try a little bit more.

See if the information you need is in this thread, I know that the theme pack was there, but can't remember if he included upsplash...http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1933&start=0
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby ordlinuse » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:40 am

Thanks for the response deate, but I'm afraid that it didn't help me :( . Maybe it's my fault (my English) that I didn't notice a solution at the address you gave me. I'll keep working it for a little bit more and if I don't find a solution, I'll stop. It's not that important. Thanx again.
ordlinuse
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby ordlinuse » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:08 am

That's exactly what I wanted :D :D :D !!! Thank very much Nick. It was so simple. Also thanks to deate and kiwinsn for their interest.
ordlinuse
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.0