Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Auto eth0 not working - SOS ...It's Happen Again

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.0

Re: Help me again please ... n00bies here - SOS ...

Postby deate » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:54 am

7linux wrote:
What are you asking? Maybe we're not understanding your question???Do you mean that everytime you boot up, you have to click on the network icon and select wireless??? If that is the case, go to MENU>SYSTEM>PREFERENCES>NETWORK CONFIGURATION select WIRELESS...hilight the connection you want to use...then click "EDIT" there you can select "CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY"
Another alternative is to use WIFI RADAR located under MENU>INTERNET...it should detect your network router, and you should be able to select it there and configure it to start from there...hope this helps

ok, like this ....

i just install new Ultimate Edition 2.0 32bit ... and than i wanna update using internet connections ... because my wireless not yet install so i'm using eth0 / lan connections ...

when i plug in my lan cable itu my lan port ... status of eth0 connected .. but i cannot go online / internet ..,
so, i set to manually ip address, netmask, gateway and dns ip address, status also connected but still same problem, can't connect into internet .. my eth0 status i attach already in my early post ..

the point is, i cant connect into internet using lan connection (wired connections) ...

thank you very much .. <BREW>

Does your ISP use static or DHCP Ip address? Have you gone to Preferences>Network Configuration>Wired>auto eth0 to insure that connect automatically is ticked? Do you have your ROUTER between your computer and MODEM?Have you tried to remove the router and connect directly from your modem to your computer? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I need to know how you are set up...and as Leadfingers asked, did you have your wired connection plugged in during your install???
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby 7linux » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:08 pm

Does your ISP use static or DHCP Ip address? Have you gone to Preferences>Network Configuration>Wired>auto eth0 to insure that connect automatically is ticked? Do you have your ROUTER between your computer and MODEM?Have you tried to remove the router and connect directly from your modem to your computer? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I need to know how you are set up...and as Leadfingers asked, did you have your wired connection plugged in during your install???

Actually my ISP using DHCP IP Address, and than i ticked already for wired connection Auto eth0 (b'cause wireless not yet install) and than have router but i'm using 3in1 DSL modem (modem-router-wifi). and than i'm install Ultimate Edition 2.0 32bit without LAN connected ...

Thank a lot ... <BREW>
CPU: AMD+2 X4 PhenomII 940+ 3.2Ghz
CrazyPC H2O-220 Xtreme Liquid Cooling Kit
Mainboard : Asus M3A78 Pro
Ram: 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR2 8500 (Twin)
HDD: 2 unit Seagate @500GB 7200rpm SATA
Optical Drive: Samsung DVD-RW
VGA: ASUS EN9800+ 512MB DDR3 Dark Knight
Power Supply: Zalman 600watt 99% Power Factor
W-Lan: TP-Link Atheros Chipset
Monitor: 2 LCD Samsung SyncMaster 2033 20"
7linux
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby deate » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:18 pm

Actually my ISP using DHCP IP Address, and than i ticked already for wired connection Auto eth0 (b'cause wireless not yet install) and than have router but i'm using 3in1 DSL modem (modem-router-wifi). and than i'm install Ultimate Edition 2.0 32bit without LAN connected .

OK. I don't know anything about a 3 in 1 modem, we could spend a lot of thime chasing down this problem, but the quickest solution might be a fresh install...this time with your LAN connected, to see if 2.0 will detect it and configure it...sorry I'm not more help, but I have installed 2.0 on 2 different computers(Desktop) 1 wireless, and 1 wired...both through a modem and router...Ultimate detected and configured both...if you don't want to do a fresh install, maybe someone else can help who is familiar with a 3 in 1 modem???
EDIT: before I went to that trouble, I would check to make sure your network card (NetExtreme I believe) is supported...Google search
deate
Site Admin

Postby stanca » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:14 pm

I have a dsl modem and always I install Ultimate Edition connected and had no major problems ever.You can see if your connection is supported from the livedvd.I have no router and my IP is dynamic.The only problems I had was from my internet provider when it changes my IP.I solve the problem in 3 minutes usually:I unplugg the modem from the source for 10 seconds at least,then I plugg it again and wait for 2-3 minutes,in this time the modem is reseting,and then works again the connection. <BREW>
Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby Wolfie Lee » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:28 am

From what I can understand, you have set a static IP Address?
You are trying to run auto eth0 in DHCP?
To put it bluntly, that is an oxy-moron...DHCP assigns a TEMPORARY IP Address, changing it every so often.
You need to UN-Assign your static address (I believe, to 0 [help me out on this, admin]), then click on network manger-auto eth0...
If it doesn't take, try re-booting after you un-assign it, then clicking auto eth0...

hope this helps...
OS: Ultimate Edition 4.6 gamers x64; Windows 7 x64 custom Nvidia Black edition; Linux Mint 17.3 MATE x64
MB: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
CPU: AMD FX6300 Black (6x 3.5GHz)
CPU cooler: OCZ Vedetta with replacement Nanoxia Deep Silence 92mm 1400 RPM fan
MEM: 8GB (2x4GB) Ballistix Sport DDRIII 1600; PC3-12800
GPU: XFX Double Dispersion Radeon R7 360P-F22M 1050MHz 2GB GDDR5
OS SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
NO Storage drive (yet)
Optical Drive: LG Super-multi with MODISC capabilities(Model# hidden in new build, not gonna remove it now...lol)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-5183
PS: XFX 650W XXX Edition Grey Modular
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Postby LeadFingers » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:50 pm

A little information here would be a good thing, let me try to explain a little better.

A static ip is one where your internet provider gives you the same Ip address every time you connect for as long as you have the account.

A dynamic IP is where your internet provider gives you a different IP address every time you connect OR where they can change it on you when they please.

Cable modems or cable connections can fall under either of these 2 categories. That's why it's important to call your ISP (internet service Provider) and find out whether you have a Static or Dynamic IP.
You might think you have a static IP and every thing is fine for 6 months, then one day you can't connect because they changed your IP. This is the danger of forcing your IP in the configuration if you in fact do have a Dynamic IP.

Hope that cleared up a few things.
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Daym » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:37 am

Perhaps your network cable is faulty?
[email protected], ASUS Maximus Formula X38, 4X1Gig Crucial Ballistix@1120Mhz,
2 Radeon 4850's Crossfired, 8.9 ATI linux driver
Ultimate Edition 2.0 :D
Daym
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby ixnod » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:11 pm

ok simple option, boot the live cd, with the LAN connected. if/when it says you are connected, try opening up firefox, if you can get to a search engine of your choice, then you should be able to connect after a reinstall.

On the other hand, IF you have assigned (FORCED) the IP address on your router. You wil have to release that IP address and then "renew" the address that the ISP has re-assigned you. that may be an avenue to proceed towards.
Laptop. Macbook pro dual boot U.E 2.6 64 2.8 Ghz core2duo
Desktop:
Core I7 820, ATI 5870 radeon HD graphics Ultimate Edition 2.7
maxtor 320 gig external usb
1.5 Tb external Hd
Hp c5100 photosmart printer (networked and wireless)
ixnod
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby 7linux » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:04 am

thank you ... maybe i got point from yours ,
i have to install UE2.0 32bit by plugin my lan card ( for internet connections) ?

if i'm wrong ... inform me .. thx very much

======================================================

another question ... (i post already before, maybe you can explain it 4 me)
when i still using Ultimate Edition 1.8, my keboard and my mouse suddenly hang ... but system still running
i test it already when i use my usb mouse and keyboard ... :D what should i do ?

thx very much
CPU: AMD+2 X4 PhenomII 940+ 3.2Ghz
CrazyPC H2O-220 Xtreme Liquid Cooling Kit
Mainboard : Asus M3A78 Pro
Ram: 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR2 8500 (Twin)
HDD: 2 unit Seagate @500GB 7200rpm SATA
Optical Drive: Samsung DVD-RW
VGA: ASUS EN9800+ 512MB DDR3 Dark Knight
Power Supply: Zalman 600watt 99% Power Factor
W-Lan: TP-Link Atheros Chipset
Monitor: 2 LCD Samsung SyncMaster 2033 20"
7linux
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby deate » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:26 am

7linux wrote:thank you ... maybe i got point from yours ,
i have to install UE2.0 32bit by plugin my lan card ( for internet connections) ?

if i'm wrong ... inform me .. thx very much

======================================================

another question ... (i post already before, maybe you can explain it 4 me)
when i still using Ultimate Edition 1.8, my keboard and my mouse suddenly hang ... but system still running
i test it already when i use my usb mouse and keyboard ... :D what should i do ?

thx very much

Yes, that is what everyone is saying...plug in the cable from your modem before you put the 2.0 DVD in...and run the LIVE session ( YOU may want to try to connect to the internet with Firefox ) if you can connect, then do your install with the cable connected.... the mouse and keyboard, I don't know...I would start a new thread under 1.8 and list this problem so that it can get attention in the right place, and we can continue to help you get this problem with 2.0 worked out :)
deate
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.0