Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.0...

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.0

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.0...

Postby mmesantos1 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:13 pm

Screenshot! :D
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot-1.png
My PC Specs: 16 GB DDR3-1333 Ram/ 1TB SATA HDD/ 250GB SATA HDD/ AMD 64 Athlon x2 220 2.8Ghz/ EVGA GeForce GTX 260/ CORSAIR PSU-850TX 850W / Onboard Audio/ 23" Acer HD LED.
mmesantos1
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby pch.shot » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:07 pm

There is a nice little tool to access your linux partitions from windows:
http://www.fs-driver.org/
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Niteflyte2 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:52 pm

painterh wrote:Thanks for replying TheeMahn. I tried unetbootin, and for some reason, when when asked which drive I wanted to install Ultimate to, only my C: drive was visible. I have 4 partitions on my harddrive. 2 are ntfs (one for Windows and one for data), and the other 2 are unused. I tried used GParted to reformat one of the unused partitions for installing Ultimate, but it seems windows doesn't even see it (even though I installed the ifs driver which allows windows to read and write to linux file systems). I have used this on my main desktop, and have been able to move files back and forth (or copy back and forth) between Win XP and Ubuntu. What would be the best way to reformat one of the unused partitions (ie; what file system)? Won't Ultimate set up new partitions during the install process if requested? I am a little wary of doing any more messing around with drives and partitions, because it seems obvious that I am not really sure what I am doing. I already messed up my old laptop by trying to move the linux partition and screwing up the hardware id# that linux assigns drives during install. Probably need to wipe that install and start over. It's ok though, because I gave that laptop to my daughter, and she won't even try linux, so she's just got a smaller hard drive to use for a while until I have time to fix it for her. Speaking of time, I better use mine wisely right now, because I have college finals this week, and I'm not ready. Let me just say, that I had no idea how hard college would be after being away from school for 38 years. Feeling very much like the "old dog" that can't learn new tricks. So I probably wont worry about installing Ultimate Edition 2.0 until after finals are over, but I would like to have a plan for doing it using only the hard drive.

Hi painterh. From one "old dog" to another, I wish you Good Luck on those Finals....fantastic. 8-)
Experience is the Best Teacher. :D

Toshiba QOSMIO X875 3D Laptop
Intel Core i7 3610QM 4 Cores 8 Threads
nVidia Geforce GTX 670M 3GB 1500MB GDDR5
750GB Hybrid HD - 1TB SATA-3 HD
External USB 3.0 HD - 4 X 3TB Seagate
17.3" TruBrite 120HZ Display
46" 120Hz 3D HDTV HDMI Display
Kingston 1600MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
Blu-ray Disc Rewriteable

There is no greater religion than a truth
Niteflyte2
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Postby stanca » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:46 pm

pch.shot wrote:There is a nice little tool to access your linux partitions from windows:
http://www.fs-driver.org/

Also this: http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-read ... hots.shtml .
Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby mmesantos1 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:22 pm

Nick wrote:
mmesantos1 wrote:Screenshot! :D

Very nice set up mmesantos1 <BREW>

Add it to the 2.0 screenies in wallpaper forum too ;)

http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2057

Thanks Nick. :)
My PC Specs: 16 GB DDR3-1333 Ram/ 1TB SATA HDD/ 250GB SATA HDD/ AMD 64 Athlon x2 220 2.8Ghz/ EVGA GeForce GTX 260/ CORSAIR PSU-850TX 850W / Onboard Audio/ 23" Acer HD LED.
mmesantos1
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby painterh » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:43 am

Well folks, I finally found a few minutes to go back and check all of my Ultimate Edition disks (4 altogether, all downloaded and burned at different times), and what I found was that even though I had done several problem free installs from these disks and thought I had checked md5sums, they in fact did not match up. I downloaded once again, and took every precaution to make another install disk. I burned the disk at 4x from within Ultimate 1.8 on my main PC. This time the md5sums did match. It amazed me how many different variables can cause a bad ISO burn. Just call me stupid for ignoring the most obvious, and I am sorry for wasting anyone's time. I think I still want to get a new larger thumb drive for installing in the future, but the hard disk install still intrigues me. Eventually I'd like to figure out the best procedure for downloading from Windows, copying to an unused partition and installing from there. I think that would be great for some one wanting to dual boot between Windows and Linux.
Anyway, I did have success in getting it installed on my new laptop. I used Easy BCD to manage between Windows Vista bootloader and Grub and it worked great, so I'll call that issue solved. Now I have to figure out how to get wireless working, because it worked off of the live DVD but now it wont work at all after install. I'll search all the other threads to seed if anybody's had similar problem. There are several posts about the Atheros wireless card I have in this notebook not playing well with Linux, and the fix being recommended is to install the linux-backports modules and uninstall the wireless driver used by default and blacklist it. Those modules are supposed to be on the ubuntu install disk. Does anybody know how to do this? I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll start a new thread about this issue. Thanks to Stanca, Thee Mahn, and Pcshot, for all the good input concerning my install journey. I hope I can be of assistance to someone else in the future, because I sure have had some fun challenges installing and using Ultimate (and plain Ubuntu) on a variety of machines of my own. Thanks again for all the hard work put by mods, admins, and members for supporting this forum.
There are 3 things that happen when you start getting old. The first is your memory starts to go and I can't remember the other 2. Wait! What was I talking about?

My system:
Asus A8n-sli Deluxe MB
Opteron 170 OC'd to 2.8ghz
1 gig ram
2 160 gig Seagate sata 7200 Barracuda drives
Writemaster Dvd burner with lightscribe
Nvidia 7600GS graphics card
Dual boot; Ultimate 1.8 x64 (95% time) & Win XP Home (only for college course work)
painterh
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:01 pm

painterh wrote:Well folks, I finally found a few minutes to go back and check all of my Ultimate Edition disks (4 altogether, all downloaded and burned at different times), and what I found was that even though I had done several problem free installs from these disks and thought I had checked md5sums, they in fact did not match up. I downloaded once again, and took every precaution to make another install disk. I burned the disk at 4x from within Ultimate 1.8 on my main PC. This time the md5sums did match. It amazed me how many different variables can cause a bad ISO burn. Just call me stupid for ignoring the most obvious, and I am sorry for wasting anyone's time. I think I still want to get a new larger thumb drive for installing in the future, but the hard disk install still intrigues me. Eventually I'd like to figure out the best procedure for downloading from Windows, copying to an unused partition and installing from there. I think that would be great for some one wanting to dual boot between Windows and Linux.
Anyway, I did have success in getting it installed on my new laptop. I used Easy BCD to manage between Windows Vista bootloader and Grub and it worked great, so I'll call that issue solved. Now I have to figure out how to get wireless working, because it worked off of the live DVD but now it wont work at all after install. I'll search all the other threads to seed if anybody's had similar problem. There are several posts about the Atheros wireless card I have in this notebook not playing well with Linux, and the fix being recommended is to install the linux-backports modules and uninstall the wireless driver used by default and blacklist it. Those modules are supposed to be on the ubuntu install disk. Does anybody know how to do this? I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll start a new thread about this issue. Thanks to Stanca, Thee Mahn, and Pcshot, for all the good input concerning my install journey. I hope I can be of assistance to someone else in the future, because I sure have had some fun challenges installing and using Ultimate (and plain Ubuntu) on a variety of machines of my own. Thanks again for all the hard work put by mods, admins, and members for supporting this forum.

Can I tell you a secret? I just paid yesterday for a server to sit 100% idle, minus admin & yes you as a mod, as well as beta testers to bite from, am I going to announce that ;) I will be watching that server closely, yes I will pay attention to IP's. Damn well now it is not a secret, find it, you personally do not have to worry about that ;) I have yet to drop that info to admin enjoy ;) You will enjoy it sit tight.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby painterh » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:50 am

I am probably just real dense here Thee Mahn, but I'm not sure I understood any of what you said in your reply. Maybe I'm just real tired after having fall quarter finals this week. It is a little tough going back to school after 38 years. Anyway, would you mind clarifying what you meant? Thanks for all of your very hard work providing Ultimate Edition for all of us.
There are 3 things that happen when you start getting old. The first is your memory starts to go and I can't remember the other 2. Wait! What was I talking about?

My system:
Asus A8n-sli Deluxe MB
1 gig ram
Dual boot; Ultimate 1.8 x64 (95% time) & Win XP Home (only for college course work)
painterh
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:39 pm

painterh wrote:I am probably just real dense here Thee Mahn, but I'm not sure I understood any of what you said in your reply. Maybe I'm just real tired after having fall quarter finals this week. It is a little tough going back to school after 38 years. Anyway, would you mind clarifying what you meant? Thanks for all of your very hard work providing Ultimate Edition for all of us.

Nothing personal, you are blue. I just went around with communication with those that are red v/s green, sometimes it seems to me many can not understand me, can I ask you a question do you have access to "Admin / moderator" section of this board?

in case you can not see it:
painter.png
from the home page.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby painterh » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:22 pm

Yes I do have access to that section, and will communicate via that medium. I hope this is what you are referring to. Going there now.

My system:
Asus A8n-sli Deluxe MB
1 gig ram
painterh
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.0