Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.0 has been released

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.0

Ultimate Edition 2.0 has been released

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:50 pm

11/19/08: Ladies n gents what would Ultimate Edition be with-out a Christmas Edition? It is a tradition around here and what caused this to happen before even this. I developed Ultimate Edition at that time Ubuntu Xmas Edition as a Christmas present to Ubuntu users & will carry on this tradition, please watch this transpire. I will not break tradition even if it is only me that hosts it. Most likely in a limited sense. Merry Xmas b4 it is Christmas from the Ultimate Edition team. Please stand by. It will most likely be released forum exclusive to the family. Through the years the name has changed, but is always the same great O/S. Seems like I have lost almost all hope, traffic has flattened me right? Amazing how the net works, I hope to have an answer for Ultimate Edition 2.1. Anyone with a OC-192? ;)

Official Webpage for Ultimate Edition 2.0 (currently "unpublished" at time of this post), I like to give forum users a chance to grab it before the traffic starts to flow in ;)
Even if you have read this before please pay attention to the update at the bottom of this post, thanks

Yes, it is coming the admin & I have been running it for a few weeks they have the 64bit, I the 32 bit, it simply amazing tabbed Nautilus browsing I adore. I personally did not have to install any drivers and yes this includes video drivers.

I do not have time to update this post at current time, updating 5 websites has set me back so far I have been unresponsive to even my own admin, I apologize to both you as well as admin. The end result will allow Ziv as of current as well as eventually admin to take over writing webpages, and get back to what I feel should be my only job writing distros.

We also have a new programmer on board, he is going to take over my TUM (TheeMahns Usplash Maker) project, welcome aboard redteam. It is messed up I do not have the time to update news and events, hopefully one of the admins will take this info and make that happen.

Well now this has not been much of a Ultimate Edition 2.0 post more news and events right? The repo shows screenshots of me adding the repo using Ultimate Edition 2.0; best I can do right now, well maybe I can do better, have the Ultimate Edition 2.0 theme, works in Hardy, Ultimate Edition 1.8+ 64/32.

For those concerned... Ultimate Edition 2.0 will be released in 3 flavors, 2.0 x86, 2.0 x64 & and a Gamers edition (x86 based), I have slacked bad in this department and will now step up to the plate. I also want all to know I have purchased another server to help with the workload of what Ultimate Edition 2.0 will introduce also unlimited bandwidth.
Double the "fun" ;)
11/6/08:
This is copied from the admin section of this board (so screenshots will have to be uploaded and attached:

Uspash in Ultimate Edition 2.0 after installed = none I have tried a multitude of usplashes including those made by others and none of them work and I mean none of them work, except for the ones made by ubuntu (there must have been a drastic change in usplash & apologize for releasing shoddy work read below on I intend to fix it... I am going to release Ultimate Edition 2.0 which I will be installing what I hope to be "final" in a few minutes with ubuntus usplash, If I fix it later I can always drop a "newer version" of ultimate edition 2.0 theme pack and get it to fix it. 2.0-1 ;) I'll be back in a few minutes to drop shots of installation so I can copy them from here to write the webpage for it.

OK, Live session (USB):
accessories.png
Accessories

graphics.png
Graphics

internet.png
Internet

office.png
Office

programing.png
Programming

system.png
System

prefs.png
Preferences

admin.png
Admin

Installation:
install1.png
Begining installation

partitioning.png
Partitioning

partitioning2.png
Partitioning set

preinstall.png
Pre-installation

installing.png
Installing

installation complete.png
Installation complete

Post installation:
post install.png
Desktop after installation

kickingupcompiz.png
Kicking up compiz w/o drivers

nodriversyet.png
Did you say no drivers and compiz works...

driver installation.png
Driver Installation (needed for OpenGL; games for example)

themes.png
Can you say themes?

Zero errors, minus usplash uploading...

Release: Ultimate Edition 2.0
Architecture: x64
Size: 1,788,930,048 bytes (1.7 GB)
MD5SUM: 8e44825cf347cec8f30786befc1be3c4

Compliments of a new tool included in Ultimate Edition 2.0:
Screenshot.png
One of many new toys GTKHash in Ultimate Edition 2.0

Torrent:Torrent How to Torrent

Download link: Main (unlimited), Official Mirror (unlimited), Europe Mirror (unlimited 100 users), University of Maryland, Amazon EC2 Server US (unlimited) - shutdown, Ultimate Mirror, European Server (Germany) Unmetered Bandwidth, jpfinne's mirror

11/09/08: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x86 (32 bit) is building as I type this... We have additional mirrors inbound, but please help and torrent this release.

Thanks to all admin / mods, beta testers & mirrors, who have made Ultimate Edition 2.0 a success. Without them none of this would be possible.

11/10/08: both Ultimate Edition 2.0 x86 & gamers are done. They are currently uploading...

Release: Ultimate Edition 2.0
Architecture: x86 (32 bit)
Size: 1,757,392,896 bytes
MD5SUM: 7fa893d61bc2b4c5f982c98f679fddfa

Torrent: Torrent How to Torrent

Download: Main (unlimited), Official Mirror (unlimited), University of Maryland, Amazon EC2 Server US (unlimited) - shutdown, Ultimate Mirror, European Server (Germany) Unmetered Bandwidth, jpfinne's mirror

Release: Ultimate Edition 2.0 Gamers
Architecture: x86 (32 bit)
Size: 4,243,374,080 bytes
MD5SUM: 375b33937ab2070ddaee486f77c5fbfc

Games Included
  • supertux
  • actioncube
  • assaultcube
  • warsow
  • wesnoth
  • glest
  • scorched3d
  • dreamchess
  • sauerbraten
  • gridwars
  • vgacardgames
  • alienarena2007
  • brikx
  • nexuiz
  • vertris
  • openarena
  • pokerth
  • snowballz
  • chromium
  • gnome-hearts
  • openarena
  • scorched3d
  • urbanterror

Torrent: Gamers How to Torrent

Download: University of Maryland, Germany, Ultimate Linux Freedom, Ultimate Mirror

I can not stress how important it is to torrent this release, my hosting company shut me down from hosting it (too much strain on the server), help take the load off our mirrors and torrent this release I know I am:
torrenting.png
Torrenting Gamers

If you do not know how to torrent one of our fine admin has written a nice how to.

Enjoy,

TheeMahn
Last edited by TheeMahn on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 35 times in total.
Reason: Europe Mirror download link
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.0...

Postby mmesantos1 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:12 pm

Thanks TheeMahn! Looks great. :)
Attachments
Screenshot.png
My PC Specs: 16 GB DDR3-1333 Ram/ 1TB SATA HDD/ 250GB SATA HDD/ AMD 64 Athlon x2 220 2.8Ghz/ EVGA GeForce GTX 260/ CORSAIR PSU-850TX 850W / Onboard Audio/ 23" Acer HD LED.
mmesantos1
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:17 pm

Thanks, but this will be more elaborate when time permits. Wow my initial post sounds "red" ;) Admin take the load off that goes away. In all honesty I should have 1 job, as though wish, admin /mods have alleviated me having to answer posts (the least of my problems) / webpages are now a thing of the past, in all honesty I am hit. Remove the others in 8 days, repo will never happen, I have adjusted to that.
I and the admin will have it out and in public. Enough geedunking, lets make things happen. Now or never.

You have 8 days...And changes are coming light or heavy make the decision. It is not your fault, sorry for dragging you in it. I have said I am 1 Mahn, now to do my job. Do the math, I will not have time shortly, not that I have time. Please put yourself in my shoes. I have already explained "delegation of authority" at least to admin.

Understand this is global, how many views? I am about to throw 30,000+ away, do the math 300 a hr, which is better :)

I already saaid a second server is opening for Ultimate Edition 2.0, my tab. I am sorry this I am sure was not what you were looking for.

Sorry I am pissed off,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby morfeasrev » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:07 am

The new site is awesome.
Nice job done with the repo page (loved the table with the distribution field names)!
morfeasrev
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.9 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:51 pm

morfeasrev wrote:The new site is awesome.
Nice job done with the repo page (loved the table with the distribution field names)!

I do plan on inserting "quickcode" within the table so you can click the distro and have the code drop down in a box as per each distro. I have been working on getting a gpg signed key for the repo this will allow the --allow-unauthenticated to go away. So much to do so little time to do it in.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby MrSinister » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:47 pm

Hey Theemahn great job on the new look.. Lot better on the eyes. :o

Looking forward to the next release.
MrSinister
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:07 pm

MrSinister wrote:Hey Theemahn great job on the new look.. Lot better on the eyes. :o

Looking forward to the next release.

We have new tools inbound, I just passed the source off to redteam_316 for TUM (TheeMahn's Usplash Maker), it will also have GDM generation I used Ultamatix as its base code (stripped all unnecessary code & cleaned up the glade UI) a few shots to get the mouth watering ;)
booting.png
booting up

aboutsplash.png
about splash

both.png
GDM / USplash selection

It is all in redteams hands now, this allows me to do my job ;) The websites are done for the most part (I had to add wp supercache to ultimateedition.info due to the traffic, it is now "digg" proof) the repo is a real pain, hopefully I can have it at 100% by the time Ultimate Edition 2.0 is released if not I will have to degrade it to the older packages until I can get it fixed, and use the "test" repo until it is fixed replacing intrepids.

I do not want to interrupt your own anyone else's services.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby mt_deb » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:06 pm

Looks great!! Thank you for all that you do.

A big welcome to redteam too!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can do no great things.
Only small things with great love.
mt_deb
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:15 pm

mt_deb wrote:Looks great!! Thank you for all that you do.

A big welcome to redteam too!

Wow, I have not heard from you in some time, not your fault I am sure mine, I have not had time for my own forum... What a loser ;)

I am sure I will lub redteam before it's over he is going to take over my programming job, believe it I am down with it ;)

Good seeing you again,

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby juancholo50 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:12 pm

thanks TheeMahn congratulations for their hard work and this wonderful community.
wait forward to the ultimate version 2.0

PD: I wonder if maybe this version will include openoffice 3 ?

a greeting. <BREW> <BREW>
juancholo50
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.0