Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.0 has been released

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.0

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.0 has been released

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:53 am

Zermelo wrote:
yitzikv wrote:Hey guys, can somebody tell me how to create a forum topic?

Hi yitzikv,

I know this is a bit off topic, but you have a great skydome image in your youtube video. I was reading the comments and seen that it is no longer available on the flickr website.

I would really appreciate it if you could upload it to a filehosting site, as I'm sure others would as well.

Thanks in advance. Great work on the video, and congratulations on becoming a moderator here.

As of this eve he has better he is a mod here, he now "works" here, he will be doing alot of catching up & a welcome part of our team ;) Perhaps I should set up a admin / mod account for files what do you think on an unlimited server ;) Redteam needs the same, why not all admin / mods? We are a team. I would like to say the same congrats yitzikv, a few days from now you will bury videos I have made years ago in views & in short order.

NunyaBusiness419
Videos Watched: 1,206
Videos Uploaded: 17
Video Views: 426,196

#1 viewed you will have in a week is what I am thinking. I am awesome for exposure, you will learn.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby yitzikv » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:13 pm

[quote="TheeMahn"]
Perhaps I should set up a admin / mod account for files what do you think on an unlimited server ;) Redteam needs the same, why not all admin / mods? We are a team. I would like to say the same congrats yitzikv, a few days from now you will bury videos I have made years ago in views & in short order.
[/quote]

I understand that there is a section for compiz-fusion, but it is under
"Board index>Themes, wallpapers, logos etc. >Compiz Fusion & Beryl"
What i am trying to say is the path above is a bit wrong categorized for compiz-fusion, also beryl is already in the past, and we're moving on ;) don't you think? The discussion i would like you to have on site is going to be not only for themes, wallpapers, logos etc. but for more advanced compiz-fusion usage (developing scripting etc.) So may be you can create a separate forum on http://forumubuntusoftware.info/ for Compiz-Fusion?
If you ask me, the name should be something like:
[b]Compiz-Fusion: The Discovery of Revelations[/b]
or
[b]Compiz-Fusion: Believe the Unbelievable[/b]
or
[b]Compiz-Fusion: Undercover[/b]
or
[b]Compiz-Fusion: Doing the Impossible[/b]
cause it is not going to be only uploads , but also help etc.
BWT got an interesting idea for you about next release of Ultimate Edition ;) ...
yitzikv

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:05 am

Main topic, no problem do you think I should move the existing sub? Or are we going fresh? How about I set you as "TheeMahn" of Fusion? What do you think?

Let me explain:
mod.png
notice all mods on home page are red, they did not start that way

Please note moving of Cowboys area, he may not be happy with. He owns that entire thread & all sub threads, how many mods do you see as moderator of a thread on the homepage? 0 that are not an admin, they earned their way there, but yes they started out that way. This is a golden opportunity one way or the other, I just suggest you run it by Cowboy first. We have a admin / mod chatboard (ask openly so other mods can toss in their 2 cents), if he says it's O.K. you are set, despite popular opinion that I run this board by myself this is untrue. I always value and think of my admin & yes even mods when decisions are made. Cab or I are the ones that make things of that calibre happen. We are talking home page right? Notice all the red folders (things I have not read), I could mark all read today and would never catch up I have tried. That is why I have admin / mods ;)

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby yitzikv » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:02 pm

TheeMahn wrote:Main topic, no problem do you think I should move the existing sub? Or are we going fresh? How about I set you as "TheeMahn" of Fusion? What do you think?

Let me explain:
mod.png

Please note moving of Cowboys area, he may not be happy with. He owns that entire thread & all sub threads, how many mods do you see as moderator of a thread on the homepage? 0 that are not an admin, they earned their way there, but yes they started out that way. This is a golden opportunity one way or the other, I just suggest you run it by Cowboy first. We have a admin / mod chatboard (ask openly so other mods can toss in their 2 cents), if he says it's O.K. you are set, despite popular opinion that I run this board by myself this is untrue. I always value and think of my admin & yes even mods when decisions are made. Cab or I are the ones that make things of that calibre happen. We are talking home page right? Notice all the red folders (things I have not read), I could mark all read today and would never catch up I have tried. That is why I have admin / mods ;)

TheeMahn

OK, i see. Well it is really doesn't matter who is running what, besides i do not want to piss you or anybody else off... we're team right?
But let me break the main point down for you:
Folks are really lazy nowadays, wanna install something - just double click and you're done, but what about corrupted data or viruses coming along with downloaded software? Nobody cares! Why? As simple as that... A lot of times I had several discussions with people about "My Computer is slow" or "Missing, Corrupted , Unexpectedly Formated Data", "Partition Failure", "Boot sector problems" etc, or even "Some kind of virus physically damaged (burned) my hardware (RAM, CPU, GPU)". Which i've already witnessed on my own.

So just imagine my conversation (the same jazz over and over):
Friend: (one of the questions mentioned by me above)
Me: Well, I can probably fix it.
Friend: But it is happening over and over again... I just do not have patience to that any more. It takes my time, money, nerves.
Me: Wanna try something else?
Friend: What, Mac? No... It is nice GUI, but software i use is not supported + "Microsucks Virtual PC" ;) cannot properly emulate all hardware... No, any other options?
Me: Well, actually I wasn't talking about Mac, I was talking about Linux, I've been using it for quiet a while and very happy with it...
Friend: Oh yes, I heard that it is brilliant OS, that Google, Yahoo, Amazon, etc biggest world servers and companies are running Linux distros. But it is so so complicated... And what about win32 software support?
Me: Well, you'll get to know it in a very short time. And there is a stable integration named "Wine" - Wine Is Not an Emulator it is a free software application that allows Linux computer on the x86 or x64 architecture to run programs written for Micro$oft Windows. Wine also provides a software library known as Winelib against which developers can compile Windows applications to help port them to Unix-like systems. Even more: heavy games for example: Tomb Raider: Underworld (released November 28, 2008), Prince Of Persia 4 (released December 11, 2008).
Friend: Hmmm, but till I gonna learn how to use it will take some time.
Me: (So here comes into picture "The Ultimate Edition") Well, there is an Ultimate Edition of Linux OS, safe, easy to use, a lot of programs are pre-installed.

And the final kick to wake-up the desire is Compiz-Fusion: once people see it they're going nuts...
It is kin'da warming-up stuff before they understand the real beauty of Linux, but etherway it takes some time to realize it and Compiz is covering that time... So they need support for installing, setting-up and managing it. So I think It has to be fresh, because there is a few topics about Compiz-Fusion around here, but with respect & no offends a bit not organized (Compiz is not the only one). I understand that you are extremely busy and doing your best, but don't you think it has to be done too to increase the popularity? So think what is better to do here. Also would be a good help to create a separate Wireless thread with subsections of Brand names, would be so cool... Anyways just a suggestion it is for you and admins to decide. <BREW>
PS: You just have no clue how many unregistered users are appreciating the work being done around here.
HP Pavilion dv6500t CTO Notebook PC
CPU: Intel(R) Core 2 Duo Processor (2.0GHz)
Ram: 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Video: 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Hard Disks: 120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Media: 20X DVD Burner with LightScribe Support
yitzikv

Postby stanca » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:20 pm

Yes,I saw your posts and replies on youtube and how new users became very interested for Ultimate Edition after your video.From there I've stolen a clue about panoramic animated skydome and so I downloaded some from flickr website and use one.Neither I found your wallpaper anymore.
Now I'm waiting some new other compiz clues from you.Keep it up yitzikv,spread the Word. <BREW>
Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:24 pm

yitzikv wrote:
TheeMahn wrote:Main topic, no problem do you think I should move the existing sub? Or are we going fresh? How about I set you as "TheeMahn" of Fusion? What do you think?

Let me explain:
The attachment mod.png is no longer available

TheeMahn

OK, i see. Well it is really doesn't matter who is running what, besides i do not want to piss you or anybody else off... we're team right?
But let me break the main point down for you:
Folks are really lazy nowadays, wanna install something - just double click and you're done, but what about corrupted data or viruses coming along with downloaded software? Nobody cares! Why? As simple as that... A lot of times I had several discussions with people about "My Computer is slow" or "Missing, Corrupted , Unexpectedly Formated Data", "Partition Failure", "Boot sector problems" etc, or even "Some kind of virus physically damaged (burned) my hardware (RAM, CPU, GPU)". Which i've already witnessed on my own.

So just imagine my conversation (the same jazz over and over):
Friend: (one of the questions mentioned by me above)
Me: Well, I can probably fix it.
Friend: But it is happening over and over again... I just do not have patience to that any more. It takes my time, money, nerves.
Me: Wanna try something else?
Friend: What, Mac? No... It is nice GUI, but software i use is not supported + "Microsucks Virtual PC" ;) cannot properly emulate all hardware... No, any other options?
Me: Well, actually I wasn't talking about Mac, I was talking about Linux, I've been using it for quiet a while and very happy with it...
Friend: Oh yes, I heard that it is brilliant OS, that Google, Yahoo, Amazon, etc biggest world servers and companies are running Linux distros. But it is so so complicated... And what about win32 software support?
Me: Well, you'll get to know it in a very short time. And there is a stable integration named "Wine" - Wine Is Not an Emulator it is a free software application that allows Linux computer on the x86 or x64 architecture to run programs written for Micro$oft Windows. Wine also provides a software library known as Winelib against which developers can compile Windows applications to help port them to Unix-like systems. Even more: heavy games for example: Tomb Raider: Underworld (released November 28, 2008), Prince Of Persia 4 (released December 11, 2008).
Friend: Hmmm, but till I gonna learn how to use it will take some time.
Me: (So here comes into picture "The Ultimate Edition") Well, there is an Ultimate Edition of Linux OS, safe, easy to use, a lot of programs are pre-installed.

And the final kick to wake-up the desire is Compiz-Fusion: once people see it they're going nuts...
It is kin'da warming-up stuff before they understand the real beauty of Linux, but etherway it takes some time to realize it and Compiz is covering that time... So they need support for installing, setting-up and managing it. So I think It has to be fresh, because there is a few topics about Compiz-Fusion around here, but with respect & no offends a bit not organized (Compiz is not the only one). I understand that you are extremely busy and doing your best, but don't you think it has to be done too to increase the popularity? So think what is better to do here. Also would be a good help to create a separate Wireless thread with subsections of Brand names, would be so cool... Anyways just a suggestion it is for you and admins to decide. <BREW>
PS: You just have no clue how many unregistered users are appreciating the work being done around here.

Well now you have really done it ;)
yours.png
0 posts I suggest you get on it, your little corner of the world.

as far as "Folks are really lazy nowadays, wanna install something - just double click and you're done", I guess I am guilty, of helping them on their way:
feed.png
click click done ;)

let us continue... "PS: You just have no clue how many unregistered users are appreciating the work being done around here.", yes I do I have stats, I have watched them beat me offline. Weather they appreciate it or not a new tale.
Screenshot.png
Welcome aboard stats are seen in "realtime"

This is how I would start out if I was you introduce yourself as the maker of this video:

this is done by:
Code: Select all
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/F1u2eF5PVho&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Sticky it on your thread, box at the bottom.

Explain how you did it keyboard short cuts etc, provide skydome for example, this is your beast, you do it however you like.

Enjoy,

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:45 pm

strider5236 wrote:Just so you now Thee, the link to that topic is in "GenVision". Not sure if this was intentional or not. Just thought I would throw it out there.

I am glad you caught that, will be fixed in a few. I may make a theme for just fusion, time providing it is an eyecandy part of the forum.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby yitzikv » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:53 am

TheeMahn wrote:
Well now you have really done it ;)

Thanks, I'll do my best <BREW>
HP Pavilion dv6500t CTO Notebook PC
CPU: Intel(R) Core 2 Duo Processor (2.0GHz)
Ram: 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Video: 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Hard Disks: 120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Media: 20X DVD Burner with LightScribe Support
yitzikv

Postby FMB » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:59 am

Have good news.. I know its been a while.. but I´ve been playing with a new console. Well I just pulled a rabbit out of my hat and installed Ultimate Edition 2.0 on my desktop machine. Cost me a DVD burner (thanx windows whom only supported DVD burning software in 32 bit applications :roll: ).. but hell Windows XP pro x64 is crap for drivers on this machine. But on to the point! Previous versions would not even dare boot! :D
¨Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.¨- Bill Gates
"I concur however one also could diverge from your OS due to DRM. After all windows is bloated anyw... hello linux! " - FMB

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5100-3583 OS: Ultimate Edition 3.0

Desktop: (died - dead I/O) Crappy Fryś Machine (Originally ran Windows xp x32.. deleted)
AMD Athlon(TheeMahn) 64 Processor 3500+/w L2 512 KB
1gb ddr1
on board Video(ATI North/south bridge)/audio + tv tuner!
With original CMOS firmware from the OEM (not fryś version)
FMB
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ubuntu Feisty Fawn

Postby FMB » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:19 am

Only a few things I´ve noticed... keyboard makes the PC speaker beep (on shutdown usually too)... mouse sometimes doesn´t rightclick (MS Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1A currently using USB.. switched to my other mouse ) beeing reported as a 3 button mouse..Usplash tried to access /dev/mem between 0->84000000 ..nullmailer isnt going through (loves my firewall)... and last this error of my Realtek 8139CP I should use 8139too. Otherwise a bit more stable than windows.
¨Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.¨- Bill Gates
"I concur however one also could diverge from your OS due to DRM. After all windows is bloated anyw... hello linux! " - FMB

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5100-3583 OS: Ultimate Edition 3.0

Desktop: (died - dead I/O) Crappy Fryś Machine (Originally ran Windows xp x32.. deleted)
AMD Athlon(TheeMahn) 64 Processor 3500+/w L2 512 KB
1gb ddr1
on board Video(ATI North/south bridge)/audio + tv tuner!
With original CMOS firmware from the OEM (not fryś version)
FMB
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ubuntu Feisty Fawn

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.0