Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Instalation freeze on NEC Mate MY0V/FE-1

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.9

Re: Instalation freeze on NEC Mate MY0V/FE-1

Postby szaemon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:18 am

Well I tried all those combinations of graphic modes that came up... 0 through 9 and then a through i. Unfortunately, none of them worked. I only had enough free time to go through loading and unloading all those combinations of options on one O.S. so I chose Ultimate Edition 2.0. I'll take a whack at it tomorrow with the earlier versions.

Thanks again for your help.
szaemon
szaemon
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Instalation freeze on NEC Mate MY30VFEE1

Postby szaemon » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:45 am

Well now I have indeed tried every combination of instalation under the f4 and f6 options with Ultimate Edition 2.0, Ultimate Edition 9.04 and even basic Ubuntu 9.04. When I follow the previously mentioned method I get the best results with mode 6, but it still isn't a readable screen:

F4-Safe Graphics -> F6 no apic -> esc to text based install -> live vga=824(an intentionally bogus video mode) -> get the Video Mode options and type "scan" for more options -> then choose a setting choose a video mode and instal.- Bringing the installation up to this point and going through the whole list, mode 6 gives me a bunch of choppy, flashing colors for a while, then settles on a pinkish blue lined screen. I know the Live CD is being read and loaded because the program responds properly on shutdown: push the shutdown button and a grayish white box appears, hit enter and the system logs off, then I see the clearly presented shutdown screen along with instructions to take out my CD and hit enter.

So this is where I sit, with a computer that with MY30VFEE1 NEC MATE running an Intel 945G Express Chipset that Linux doesn't know how to run Graphics on. Someone tell me please, what are my options at this point? Is there perhaps a way to get a more expansive list of Video Modes to use? Or perhaps a way to discover what this monitor's precise video mode would be? Or even a way to manually input the video parameters (whatever they may be) and experiment with that?

Thanks again Moebius for the help you are offering.
szaemon
Newb 4 Life!!!
Laugh at me, Roll your eyes, Scorn me if you will...but in the end...
...Please Help Me, I Need It...
Thanks!

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 483MB (167MB used)
SCSI Disks: ATA WDC WD1600BB-00G, ATA Maxtor 7540 AV,
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B
Graphics Card: VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. VT8375 [ProSavage8 KM266/KL266]
szaemon
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby Admin-Amir » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:10 am

Hello szaemon.

Way don't you just go to the How To section and follow my Guide for the Intel cards?
I have made Guide just for the Intel cards that will solve the Intel issue for you.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3607
Admin-Amir

Postby szaemon » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:05 am

Hey A mir thanks for jumping in to offer me assistance. I appreciate all the help I can get.

Well to answer your question, the reason I hadn't tried it was because I didn't know it existed. It sounds like a wonderful tool. I have looked at and I'm not sure how exactly to implement it. It seems as though you are refering to an already up and running Ultimate Edition System. I am as yet unable to view the Live CD, so I cannot access the terminal or copy and paste any commands into any files. I am not good at computers so if there is some obvious point I may have missed, please point it out to me.

As it stands, my system is a Japanese Version of Windows XP Pro. If this can be done from Windows please direct me to the location of those instructions.

I believe this needs to be done through the the Live CD and that is where I am stumped as I cannot load the Live CD beyond the initial page.

Thanks again fpr any help you can offer!
szaemon
Newb 4 Life!!!
Thanks!

Graphics Card: VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. VT8375 [ProSavage8 KM266/KL266]
szaemon
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby Admin-Amir » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:16 am

well try to go first with F4-Safe Graphics =vesa.
then the system will be up with the default graphic card.
If that work for you and you get the Desktop to work fine we can go on from there.
let us now please.
Admin-Amir

Postby Moebius » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:32 am

Hi szaemon,
Admin-Amir has done a lot of background work on Intel graphics and Ultimate Edition Unfortunately this is not a strength of mine - but I leave you in capable hands here ;) . As an alternative, may I suggest you download Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala Alpha 6 32Bit edition from here : http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/karm ... p-i386.iso
Through my limited knowledge, I believe your fix to be something to do with kernel releases, so if the latest download of Karmic Koala Alpha 6 works for you, then your easiest solution would be to wait for the anticipated release of Ultimate Edition 2.4 (based on Karmic Koala) :geek:

Cheers.
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Postby szaemon » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:37 am

Thanks Moebius. I'll see if I can get this running with Amir's help, but if that fails I guess I'll have to try ).10 or wait for the Ultimate Edition 2.4 release.

Amir, thanks again for the help. Let me see if I understand what you mean:

F4-> choose safe graphics ->esc to the text install -> then type "live vga=vesa" then hit enter and Ultimate Edition should load with a default graphic card driver. Is that right?

I'll give it a shot on Monday.

Thanks again,
szaemon
Newb 4 Life!!!
Thanks!

szaemon
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby Admin-Amir » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:49 am

Hello szaemon.

First thing I can tell you that in U.E 2.4 the problem was SOLVED.
with the new kernel.
the drivers were update to the new ones.

snapshot2.png
boot

that is the option that I was asking to do.
and if the system is install then you will have to use in terminal option

Code: Select all
startx

just for the record for you.
here is what you have to add from Ubuntu Tweak.

screenshot_001.png
Ubuntu

screenshot_002.png
Ubuntu
screenshot_002.png (8.25 KiB) Viewed 6546 times
Admin-Amir

Postby szaemon » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:26 am

Well folks, true to the Biblical parable "...in the morning they awoke and they were both happy and sad..." I now have Ubuntu 2.10 Alpha 6 up and running... but not Ultimate Edition nor do I yet have internet access from that system.
Thanks for cueing me into 2.10 Alpha 6 Moebius.

Amir, thanks for the advice , but unfortunately the command "live vga=vesa" input at the text interface had no effect. Unless I misunderstood your meaning, my monitor still is not operable by Ultimate Edition. No default drive was chosen which allowed me to view the Ultimate Edition Live CD Program.

Please lame it down for me if you suspect I might be doing something wrong. Thanks.

Oh, and I notice you speaking in the past tense about the yet to be release of Ultimate Edition 2.4. I suppose it was/will be the answer I'm looking for. Do you happen to have access to a pre-release version that you would be willing to share? I'd be happy to give it a try..."he said hopefully..."

From this point I need to figure out how to get Ubuntu onto the Web. It has been quite a while since I did this manually and I have forgotten how I got this system up and running. My ISP just told me if I'm not using Windows I'm $h!t out of luck. So tomorrow I have to figure out how to connect it myself....any help with that would be appreciated.

Thanks again guys,
szaemon
Newb 4 Life!!!
Thanks!

szaemon
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:40 pm

Hello szaemon.

Oh, and I notice you speaking in the past tense about the yet to be release of Ultimate Edition 2.4. I suppose it was/will be the answer I'm looking for. Do you happen to have access to a pre-release version that you would be willing to share? I'd be happy to give it a try..."he said hopefully..."

well yes my friend I can access the beta of the U.E 2.4,but that is for the admins/mod in this time.
we have to make some test with the new Distro ;)

So when I say the problem with the Intel cards are gone in 2.4 well you will have to believe me.

when I have said to to go with the vest Driver that mean that you can start the boot with
the default Driver.

And Happy new year for you and to all PPL on the site <BREW> ;)

Thank you
Amir.
Admin-Amir

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.9