Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Instalation freeze on NEC Mate MY0V/FE-1

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.9

Re: Instalation freeze on NEC Mate MY0V/FE-1

Postby Moebius » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:50 pm

szaemon wrote:From this point I need to figure out how to get Ubuntu onto the Web. It has been quite a while since I did this manually and I have forgotten how I got this system up and running. My ISP just told me if I'm not using Windows I'm $h!t out of luck. So tomorrow I have to figure out how to connect it myself....any help with that would be appreciated.

Thanks again guys,
szaemon

Good to see you have 9.10 Alpha 6 up and running. Ultimate Edition 2.4 is still in the oven so to speak, and as Admin-Amir mentioned above, we don´t release Alphas/Betas etc.. to the general public - we prefer to ´cop the flack´ with it so that you wont have to. ;) - Patience, i´ts not too far away. :)

With regard to internet access - how do you connect? Dialup, ADSL, Wireless etc.. The more information you can provide, the better we can help.

Cheers.
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby szaemon » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Admin-Amir wrote:So when I say the problem with the Intel cards are gone in 2.4 well you will have to believe me.

when I have said to to go with the vest Driver that mean that you can start the boot with
the default Driver.

I believe you. I suppose I'll be reinstalling in about a month. I forget who, but someone wrote an install guide a while ago that recommended separating by partition, the the root "/" and "/home" or something like that, so if I did it correctly, I should be able to install Ultimate Edition 2.4 next month without disturbing this months work.

As for starting the boot with the default driver, I think I did it correctly but the default driver was unable to drive my monitor. Please walk me through it if I didn't do it right. And please keep in mind that I really am ignorant of computer stuff.

This is what I did:

I put in the Live CD and got the screen first screen (the screen shot that you posted) then hit F4-> and chose safe graphics ->esc to the text install -> then type "live vga=vesa" then hit enter and Ultimate Edition loaded, but with a pinkish blue lined screen.

Nothing is readable from that screen, but as I said before I know the Live CD is being read and loaded because the program responds properly on shutdown.

If this is not what you intended for me to do, please explain in more detail as I don't know how to do much beyond follow a setup wizard that does all the important stuff for the user, while the user sits ignorant of what the computer is actually doing.

And as for the Happy New Year Wishing, thanks but you lost me... Are you holding the Pre release of 2010? Or are you sitting somewhere outside the moon's orbit, that your time zone are so dramatically different?

Either way, I'll wish you a Happy New Year too!

Thanks again for your help!

As for my internet connection, I'm using an ADSL, Optical Fiber something or other...It's all in Japanese, so I don't really know what it's called.

What other information is required for setting up an internet connection? Net Mask, I.P. Address, Gateway, that kinda stuff?

I'll see what i can find out about my connection.

Thanks too both of you for assisting me.
szaemon
Newb 4 Life!!!
Laugh at me, Roll your eyes, Scorn me if you will...but in the end...
...Please Help Me, I Need It...
Thanks!

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 483MB (167MB used)
SCSI Disks: ATA WDC WD1600BB-00G, ATA Maxtor 7540 AV,
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B
Graphics Card: VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. VT8375 [ProSavage8 KM266/KL266]
szaemon
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby Moebius » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:36 pm

Ideally, if it is ADSL and you connect via an ethernet cable to your PC, it should just work (mine always has...).
On your top panel bar - right side, you should have a network connection icon. Rick click on it and make sure you enable networking. Does this make any difference?

Cheers.
GNOME 3.2.1
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
LG Super Multi DVDRW

Moebius
Site Admin

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:58 am

szaemon

And as for the Happy New Year Wishing, thanks but you lost me... Are you holding the Pre release of 2010? Or are you sitting somewhere outside the moon's orbit, that your time zone are so dramatically different?

Either way, I'll wish you a Happy New Year too!

well We in Israel have start the New Year my friend <BREW>
So I wish to everyone Happy new Year.
and about Guide?
well it's on the way to the site on the next days to come.
about connection use my screen shots on picasa?
First configure the Firewall,the use the DHCP on your connection to solve the issue of connecting:
http://picasaweb.google.com/mypoolgame/ ... edwebsite#
Admin-Amir

Postby szaemon » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:33 pm

Moebius wrote:Ideally, if it is ADSL and you connect via an ethernet cable to your PC, it should just work (mine always has...).

Yeah, that is what I thought, but I vaguely remember once I had to do some manual input of Gateways and submasks or something like that.

Moebius wrote:On your top panel bar - right side, you should have a network connection icon. Rick click on it and make sure you enable networking. Does this make any difference?

I wish it did. I just checked this computer's settings to see if they matched the one at work and they do. The only thing that looks kinda techy about the setup is the MAC address, but that (whatever it means) is automatically assigned. Could there be something from the ISP end that might be getting in my way? Assuming that my Alpha 6 Ubuntu 9.10 is functioning fine and the modem is not the problem(Windows was online before I dumped it, then what else might it be?

Thanks for any insights you have to offer Moebius.

Shalom Amir! I didn't know Israel had New Year's in September.

I'm about to go check out your link to the internet setup. I just wanted to say thanks for it and I'm looking forward to the guide you're putting up here.

Also, about getting Ultimate Edition 2.3 or to instal with the default drivers like you mentioned, did I follow the procedure properly? Was that what you meant for me to do?... hit F4-> and chose safe graphics ->esc to the text install -> then type "live vga=vesa" then hit enter and let Ultimate Edition load up? If that was correct, why didn't it work? Was there something else I needed to do?

Anyhow, thanks again!

I'll be back after I checkout your link.
See ya...
szaemon
Newb 4 Life!!!
Thanks!

Graphics Card: VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. VT8375 [ProSavage8 KM266/KL266]
szaemon
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby szaemon » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:47 pm

Hey Amir I'm back again. I checked out that link(though not as completely as I should have). I'm tired and have to get to sleep. I did notice that it seems to assume complete and correct installation of a Ultimate Edition system, which puts it a bit out of my reach for now. When I get Ultimate Edition up and running I'll take a more thorough look at it.
Good Night All,
And thanks again,
szaemon
Newb 4 Life!!!
Thanks!

szaemon
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:12 pm

Hello szaemon and shalom to you.

about:
live vga=vesa
you do not have to type anything just to go to this option.
then it should run the installation GUI.
Shalom Amir! I didn't know Israel had New Year's in September.
yes it is correct,we have different calendar the the rest of the world. ;)
please take the time on the screen shots that you have there,
it is step by step all the process of the installation for the U.E 2.3.
so just do not run fast just follow the screens and it will be just fine for you.
the 2 part is done today so hope by the end of the week we will be with more 2 parts of the Guide ;)
And everybody will be happy with it <BREW>
Admin-Amir

Postby Moebius » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:29 am

Last simple advice I can give you - turn your modem off for about 1 minute, then turn it back on. Wait for a few minutes until all your modem lights come back on and then try to connect to the net. If this is a no-go, then follow Admin-Amir´s advice above about configuring DHCP etc. Remember, Ultimate Edition is based on Ubuntu, so Admin-Amir´s guidance should still hold true with Alpha 6.

Cheers.
GNOME 3.2.1
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
LG Super Multi DVDRW

Moebius
Site Admin

Postby szaemon » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:40 am

Well I knew it would turn out to be something basic. I computer trouble often does, not that I have my internet connection up yet, but now I'm pretty sure there isn't an actual problem beyond my own ignorance.

My connection is Broadband, whatever that exactly means. And what I ned to find in Ubuntu is the place to put in a user ID and password assigned to me by my ISP. I was told that in Windows Terminology it is called a PPOE, and it would be found under account settings when you first try to connect. You type it in once, then the computer saves the ID and Password and the user never has to think about it again.

I think it would be in that same Network Connections Icon at the top right side of the screen, but the only thing I see that looks like it might fit the bill is a DNS option but I couldn't figure out what I should put in the box that read "service". I filled in the other boxes with my ISP provided User ID: [email protected] and the password: xxxxx, but that didn't do the trick.

I'm sure this is relatively simple. Could one of you point me to these instructions,please?
Thanks.

Amir,

As for:

Admin-Amir wrote:about:
live vga=vesa
you do not have to type anything just to go to this option.
then it should run the installation GUI.

I think you mean I don't have to type anything after I've typed "live vga=vesa". I didn't see any place with a list of options that I would ba able to choose "live vga=vesa" from. If I'm wrong about that please let me know.

If that is correct, then I did successfuly load Ultimate Edition 9.0 and 2.0 with the default drivers, but they did not properly run my montitor. I got that pinkish blue screen with the fuzzy lines.

Thanks for the help guys... I am getting closer and closer each day...
Newb 4 Life!!!
Thanks!

szaemon
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:02 am

Hello szaemon.

I think you mean I don't have to type anything after I've typed "live vga=vesa". I didn't see any place with a list of options that I would ba able to choose "live vga=vesa" from. If I'm wrong about that please let me know.

If that is correct, then I did successfully load Ultimate Edition 9.0 and 2.0 with the default drivers, but they did not properly run my monitor. I got that pinkish blue screen with the fuzzy lines.

It is correct

And I think that you have 2 video card on your machine,one on the board,and one on agp/pci.
from here all that issue coming from.
If I'm right about this,then first get the agp/pci card out from the slot.
and then boot your machine,in the BIOS change the settings to the on-board as default video card.
then you can install the drivers to your video card in Advanced on the system from synaptic.
after you made that,open Ubuntu Tweak and add the UbuntuX to the sources .
and some more help with this process you can see here:
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3899

then look on posts that talking about network in the Forum 2.3/2.2
I have post some screen shots for the network places, and what to do from were.
If not I will upload for you the screen shots once more.
just let us now how you doing there ;)
Admin-Amir

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.9