Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Creating Custom Grub Boot Loader Backgrounds

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.9

Creating Custom Grub Boot Loader Backgrounds

Postby deftone » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:33 pm

Firstly, good job on Ultimate Edition 1.9 TheeMahn. All the problems I had with Ubuntu Intrepid are not present in Ultimate Edition 1.9 (probably because it's based on Hardy 8.04). Intrepid has major problems with the Intel GM965 and Compiz. Just simply won't run it with cube and other effects. I have to stick with Hardy 8.04 until they come up with a fix for this. But it seems like they're not going to.

Secondly, I'd like to know how to go about creating custom grub boot menu backgrounds. Should I install GFXBoot on Ultimate Edition 1.9 or is there already a way to do this in Ultimate Edition 1.9? I'd like to create a background that shows I have Vista and Ultimate Edition on a dual boot system. Possibly put a Intel Core 2 Duo logo as well. If anyone has these talents that can make it look great and I can download it from somewhere I'd be appreciative more than you can imagine. Nonetheless I am willing to do it myself with some pointers on where to go with it. Thanks!
deftone
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.1 64 BIT

Re: Creating Custom Grub Boot Loader Backgrounds

Postby deftone » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:33 pm

Thanks for the walkthrough. I now have a decent looking grub menu! Although I cannot make them as crisp and sharp as the grub menus provided in the Ultimate Edition 1.9 distro. I'm still learning but I've had great succuess getting the grub to recognize the splash.xpm.gz files.

As far as the Intel GM965 thing, I think it's only a problem in Intrepid because I was able to run Compiz very well out of the box...the only problem I've had is enabling "Reflection" in Compiz Settings dialogue box. My borders disappear but if I uncheck the box everything is fine. I can live without "Reflection" though..not a big deal.
deftone
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.1 64 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.9