Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

QuickStart Okayed for Ultimate Edition Repository...

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.9

QuickStart Okayed for Ultimate Edition Repository...

Postby Baphomet » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:39 pm

In another thread I suggested (and recommended) the now very well known QuickStart script/application. When I can find that thread, I will link to it here. It's an impressive application that no Ultimate user, in my opinion, should be without.

In that thread TheeMahn indicated that he would like to add QuickStart to the Ultimate Edition repo, but doing so would require permission from the author, due to some particulars of its licensing. I took it upon myself to contact mdpalow, the creator of QuickStart, on behalf of TheeMahn and Ultimate Edition users.

Below is the response I received from mdpalow. I sent him a PM asking if we could include his QS script in the next release of Ultimate, before I realized TheeMahn was wanting to add it to the Ultimate Edition repository. So... I PM'ed him (mdpalow) again with the clarification and he indicates that both are acceptable. I thought this a rather gracious act, frankly, and in keeping with the Ubuntu vision.

His first response, via PM, is below. I go by Therion on the "official" Ubuntu forums so I thought it best to use that screen name when registering on his forum, by the way, so don't get confused. Therion = Baphomet.

====================================================================================================================

Sent: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:16 am
To: Therion

Hello,

Thank you for asking. Yes, you may include it in this Ultimate Edition and please contact me with any further questions you might have.

I would ask that you please post a message on the forum stating it will be included in Ultimate Edition, the version, and any/all links you think are good and relating to Ultimate Edition. Just so we can become a part of Ultimate Edition as well. :)

Thank you,

mdpalow
Site Admin

====================================================================================================================

If any users from our forums are using QuickStart, and want to thank it's maker for making their lives a little easier, you could drop by the QuickStart Forum and let him know. Or maybe you would like to just pop in and be a good neighbor/Ultimate Edition ambassador. I think good Karma of this kind should be acknowledged.
Attachments
quickstart-7.0.14-all.deb
Quickstart deb made to test before official release.
(89.85 KiB) Downloaded 494 times
Last edited by TheeMahn on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deb added for testing
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Re: QuickStart Okayed for Ultimate Edition Repository...

Postby SaddleTramp » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:02 pm

Baphomet wrote:In another thread I suggested (and recommended) the now very well known QuickStart script/application. When I can find that thread, I will link to it here. It's an impressive application that no Ultimate user, in my opinion, should be without.

In that thread TheeMahn indicated that he would like to add QuickStart to the Ultimate Edition repo, but doing so would require permission from the author, due to some particulars of its licensing. I took it upon myself to contact mdpalow, the creator of QuickStart, on behalf of TheeMahn and Ultimate Edition users.

Below is the response I received from mdpalow. I sent him a PM asking if we could include his QS script in the next release of Ultimate, before I realized TheeMahn was wanting to add it to the Ultimate Edition repository. So... I PM'ed him (mdpalow) again with the clarification and he indicates that both are acceptable. I thought this a rather gracious act, frankly, and in keeping with the Ubuntu vision.

His first response, via PM, is below. I go by Therion on the "official" Ubuntu forums so I thought it best to use that screen name when registering on his forum, by the way, so don't get confused. Therion = Baphomet.

Sent: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:16 am
To: Therion

Hello,

Thank you for asking. Yes, you may include it in this Ultimate Edition and please contact me with any further questions you might have.

I would ask that you please post a message on the forum stating it will be included in Ultimate Edition, the version, and any/all links you think are good and relating to Ultimate Edition. Just so we can become a part of Ultimate Edition as well. :)

Thank you,

mdpalow
Site Admin

If any users from our forums are using QuickStart, and want to thank it's maker for making their lives a little easier, you could drop by the QuickStart Forum and let him know. Or maybe you would like to just pop in and be a good neighbor/Ultimate Edition ambassador. I think good Karma of this kind should be acknowledged.

WTG Baph!!! <BREW> <BREW> ...been usin' QuickStart for a while now (amongst other backups, depending on what I'm wanting to do exactly)...but QuickStart has always been (and will be) my backup to my backups ;) Thanks Baph...that's even good enough that I'll quit pickin' on ya about the shoes ;) ;) Good Job and appreciate very much what ya did!! :D 8-)
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby SaddleTramp » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:45 am

Angel wrote:
SaddleTramp wrote:that's even good enough that I'll quit pickin' on ya about the shoes ;) ;)

Now Saddle, that's going a bit far...how bout just buying him a beer or two :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO....hmmmmmm...could be !?!? ;)
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Baphomet » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:14 am

Soooo... What do I do now?? It's not like I can add this to the repo and TheeMahn is not responding.

Request assistance... Cab? Are you in the house??

Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby SaddleTramp » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:07 am

Baphomet wrote:Soooo... What do I do now?? It's not like I can add this to the repo and TheeMahn is not responding.

Request assistance... Cab? Are you in the house??

It would have to be Thee or Cab...but I'm sure one of'em will let ya know :D 8-)
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Baphomet » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:10 am

SaddleTramp wrote:It would have to be Thee or Cab...

Sooooo... I need to call a "Cab"?

/lmao...

Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby SaddleTramp » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:54 pm

Baphomet wrote:
SaddleTramp wrote:It would have to be Thee or Cab...

Sooooo... I need to call a "Cab"?

/lmao...

Yep...but "cabbiepoo" may get a quicker response ;) :mrgreen: 8-)
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Cab » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:54 pm

Well hello all.
I will see what Thee has to say about this because.. Its very IMPORTANT to be carefull what is added to the repo's. Once its there ANYONE with automatix can get it and if we find it has a issue with a certain release or something can you imagine how many systems could be messed up?
Mother Board: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO WIFI
CPU: AMD 2700X
Memory: 32GB CORSAIR PRO RGB @3200
Video Card: EVGA GTX1080 FTW
Hard Drives: 1TB Network Drive, 1TB 860 EVO SSD, 1TB 970 EVO M.2
I'm in Southern New Mexico, USA (not Mexico)
Cab
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby DaddyX3 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:24 pm

Cab wrote:Well hello all.
I will see what Thee has to say about this because.. Its very IMPORTANT to be carefull what is added to the repo's. Once its there ANYONE with automatix can get it and if we find it has a issue with a certain release or something can you imagine how many systems could be messed up?

So, are you two (Baph'n'Saddle) using this with Ultimate Edition? I can't even imagine that this would even be an issue, seeing that Ultimate Edition is still based off Ubuntu. I can't speak for the Debian users that are utilizing Ultamatix (if it was even released), but if it works with Ubuntu I would not be too afraid to throw it into Ultimate Edition. This is of course, as you have said, TheeMahns call on maintaining it in the repo but by the sound of it, the author would be gracious enough to bring any updates to the attention of the Ultimate Edition staff when needed.
can you imagine how many systems could be messed up?

Wouldn't that be a big ball of fun though? :mrgreen:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby Baphomet » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:07 am

DaddyX3 wrote:So, are you two (Baph'n'Saddle) using this with Ultimate Edition?

I am currently, and have for some time now, without a single problem. I've not explored every nook and cranny of the application, granted, but I've used the most intrepid sounding portion of it (House Cleaning) numerous times and never had issue. It's not THAT complicated an application/script, really. It's part installer (some common apps, nothing exotic really) some backup and restore routines, lets you edit some config menus and the aforementioned cleaning up of junk files... Nothing you couldn't do yourself, QS just makes it a little easier and puts it all in one place. QS is nifty, not groundbreaking.

See my first post. There's a link the QS forums in there... Swing by and check it out for yourself.

Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.9