Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

WOW!!!!!!

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

WOW!!!!!!

Postby CheesyBeef » Sun May 04, 2008 5:46 pm

Being the first time I have used Ultimate Edition, I can say nothing other than that. WOW.

Ultimate 1.8 is awesome! I was so shocked at how smooth and fast the installation went. This was faster than Ubuntu Hardy live-cd!! lol

I'm also amazed with all of the applications that are included! Some of these I've never heard of before or tried. Wine-Doors, which is included, is absolutely awesome. Compiz and AWN are already installed - one of the things that takes quite a while to set up!

On top of all of that, the theme is quite nice and elegant, along with the icon package and cursors.

Really, this is one of the best distros I have tried so far. (This can be hard to say since they are all quite different).

Anyways, thanks very much TheeMahn, the Administrators, and everyone else who contributed! Will undoubtedly seed for as long as I can.

~ Brian
CheesyBeef
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Re: WOW!!!!!!

Postby vinca » Sun May 04, 2008 5:54 pm

glad you like it, i'll take some of those points into consideration for my review, do you mind if i quote you and btw more info on the review in the general discussion forum
Vinca... aka BIG V

http://www.scienceprousa.com
Specs:
4gb ddr2 667 ram
Intel Core2Duo E6300 oced to 2.2 ghz
Radeon x1600
Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro
2x 250 gb western digital hard drives soon to be in raid
all on ULTIMATE EDITION!!!!

~Energy and persistence conquer all things~ -Ben Franklin
vinca
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby CheesyBeef » Sun May 04, 2008 6:07 pm

vinca wrote:glad you like it, i'll take some of those points into consideration for my review, do you mind if i quote you and btw more info on the review in the general discussion forum

By all means, sir, go ahead :)

I am very surprised at how great the Ultimate Edition community is. I just found this thread: http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=60. This contains a context menu script you can run from nautilus to compile a usplash from any picture you want! I have been looking for something like this for a long time! Thank you very much :))

Not to mention, I think this is the first distro I have seen that focused on creating the x86_64 architecture before the x86. I am someone who loves to use x86_64 when it is available, and I become quite frustrated when it is not. Thank you for making this work first!

~ Brian
CheesyBeef
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby madmax » Sun May 04, 2008 6:46 pm

This is a great distribution I have been trying a lot of them. Thank you for all your work. I know how hard it is to do this because I am a software developer my self. Keep up the good work! :D
madmax
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby tbird » Sun May 04, 2008 9:30 pm

I can only agree with this post. For me I am so glad that Vista was released because I was so hyped up about it and sooo let down when I installed it. Since then by reading the posts here and on many other forums it seems that there has been the start of a mass exodus away from microsoft to other operating systems. It is simply amazing looking at the availability of the "free" software one can use. First thing I noticed is that even simple things like the screensaver just blow me away. :oops:
Nec hostium timete, nec amicum reusate.
Fear no enemy, deny no friend.
tbird
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby tbannon » Sun May 04, 2008 9:31 pm

Awesome.

Didn't even know my old dusty XPS 400 had a intel chip that supported 64 bit until today. doh!

It looks awesome so far. Much better theme than the piercing red of 1.7. no offense.

Anybody who has yet to install though, make sure you hold on to a copy of your nautilus-scripts folder because there doesn't seem to be any? I don't know if this was on purpose or if I fowled something up.

After the upgrading took place a "cleaning up" window was going for like a half an hour before I closed it. So maybe that had something to do with it?

Like I said though, if that's the worst of it... Awesome :D Thanks
tbannon
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby tbannon » Sun May 04, 2008 10:08 pm

Sorry for the double post.

One more tiny problem. After the upgrade, I rebooted some time later and found a custom Grub screen? Never had one before, but this one doesn't have the one you pick highlighted. Just me?

Not a major inconvenience if your just booting the current install, but you have to count the number of times you press the down arrow in order to pick something else.

Anyone know how I can remove the custom grub screen?

Thanks
tbannon
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby cowboy » Sun May 04, 2008 11:20 pm

tbannon wrote:Sorry for the double post.

One more tiny problem. After the upgrade, I rebooted some time later and found a custom Grub screen? Never had one before, but this one doesn't have the one you pick highlighted. Just me?

Not a major inconvenience if your just booting the current install, but you have to count the number of times you press the down arrow in order to pick something else.

Anyone know how I can remove the custom grub screen?

Thanks

First of all "Welcome to Ultimate Edition"..Start-up Manager is one of the unique programs in Ultimate Edition, to change the boot graphics..System..Administration..Start-up Manager..Appearance..click the arrow in Grub background image..it will give you a menu to pick from...some you will by the background will be able to see,,,be careful in Start-up Manager if you don't know what you are doing you can mess the boot up... ;)
Attachments
Screenshot-2.png
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby TheeMahn » Mon May 05, 2008 1:03 am

CheesyBeef wrote:
vinca wrote:glad you like it, i'll take some of those points into consideration for my review, do you mind if i quote you and btw more info on the review in the general discussion forum

By all means, sir, go ahead :)

I am very surprised at how great the Ultimate Edition community is. I just found this thread: http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=60. This contains a context menu script you can run from nautilus to compile a usplash from any picture you want! I have been looking for something like this for a long time! Thank you very much :))

Not to mention, I think this is the first distro I have seen that focused on creating the x86_64 architecture before the x86. I am someone who loves to use x86_64 when it is available, and I become quite frustrated when it is not. Thank you for making this work first!

~ Brian

I wrote that months ago, why to expedite my making of Ultimate Edition ... I now realize I am the only maker of a "usplash maker", I write software almost daily, even with recent loss in info I feel I have to get back on the horse. I am not the community, a small part, but viewed as all, I hate that people want to think of me as all. Our admin here no joke, moderators a learning curve, but none the less. The people here will take off the shirt from their back to help you, I the same. I can see traffic in the millions, it is hard for one man to maintain this and why mods / admin are in place. Overall the forum sees the smallest amount of traffic, but I can see the "big picture".

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby aperrigo » Tue May 06, 2008 1:44 pm

TheeMahn
has outdone himself again with this release of Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64.
I just had time to install it today and I am quite pleased with it.

I am just mad at myself for not figuring out how to implement the openoffice databases in SQL / or /
how to appropriately use the programming functions in Linux.
* I am still learning and trying to figure a way to avoid using Microsoft Products. *
I digress I truly have only one for to describe 1.8 and thats "SMOOTH".
Intel Quad Processor 9450 2.6 Ghz
Microsoft Windows Vista x64*(Service Pack 1, v.668)
Ultimate Ubuntu Edition 1.8 x64
XFX Nvidia n790i Ultra
1 * Nvidia PNY Geforce GX280 1 GHz 1GB
4GB DDR3 Corsair at 1333MHz
1 * Western Digital Velociraptor 300 GB SATA 3.0 Gbps Vista Drive
1 * Western Digital 320 GB SATA 3.0 Gbps*Linux Drive
2 * Western Digital Raptor 10000 RPM SATA 1.5 Gbps* Game Drive (RAID 0)
I like answers that aren't correct from politicians
aperrigo
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8