Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

new laptop advice

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

Re: new laptop advice

Postby ima » Sat May 03, 2008 6:28 pm

Just thought of something, I wonder what they would do if i brought the live-cd into the store with me :o
ima
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby deate » Sat May 03, 2008 6:47 pm

That sounds like a great idea, if they have wirless access there...don't know if it would help if there is no access available...Hey, with the economy the way it is,they need to do every thing they can to make sales and the computers there are display models afterall...be firm and insist on using it, after all, you are the "MONEY" :)
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby satelight7430 » Sun May 04, 2008 11:13 pm

well I can say,with 1.6 & 1.7 that I've used Intel pro wireless 3945abg & another intel wireless
(both dell laps) and both worked out of the box!! strange in the begining. had to type in the wep 2 times,
after that all went well. also i have a cisco card that i carry around with me that works also.
so if i had to choose I'd make sure it was at least an intel made piece.
hope that helps.
also if i can add my 2cents I'd have disk in hand when i went.stick to your guns & if they wont support
then you might want to go elsewhere!
good luck,wisk i could choose a new machine,been getting used at such a discount that I cant save a dime at this point!!also theres a IBM at work that has 1.7 and wireless(also an intel)!!
satelight7430
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby cowboy » Sun May 04, 2008 11:40 pm

What worked in 1.7 may or may not work in 1.8..could not load or get back to a install in 1.7..on a Acer 5520/Vista..but the 1.8..loads and performs like a dream..however no wireless yet..and I emphasize "yet".
Just a point to ponder.. ;)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Mon May 05, 2008 3:35 am

I have been a "prick", I have a "load" on my mind. Within 24 hours things will change... And is not my decision.

Beautiful isn't it. I encourage a situation such as that, I can change everything about your O/S in a second, I have been working on your 32 bit repo,,, funny how that works,

an update you will see, ubuntu-tweak 0.3 accept it, I do control this...once placed there, I am open about it.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby nmambre » Mon May 05, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi guys, first post here...

I'm using Dell Inspiron 6400, had to use the restricted drivers to get wireless to work. That means wired connection to get wireless to work. I had Simple Mepis before Ultimate, with their LiveCD wireless was working out of the box.

What I did was downloading the drivers and ndiswrapper from WinXP and then use a post in the forums of ubuntu to compile the drivers. I am at the job right now, but could post the links later on.

Just one question, why did Mepis include the driver in LiveCD, and Ultimate doesn't, but allows to download it afterwards? Some legal issues or about the drivers not being open source? Sometimes an user will have wireless but no access to wired (for example router being behind locked doors). It would be nice if wireless could work also on LiveCD's.

Nelson
Ultimate Edition 2.1 64bit
Dell Inspiron 6400
Intel Core 2 Duo
1.73 GHz
2Gb RAM
Broadcom BCM94311
nmambre
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Previous