Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 has been released!!!

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

Re: Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 has been released!!!

Postby bagheera1994 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:13 am

ehabreda wrote:Helooo Netherlands people,

Thanks for your reply, and do u think that will be no trouble to find any apps?!

use synaptic ;)
Born in august 1973.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_23
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.{Mahatma Gandhi}
bagheera1994
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Mon May 05, 2008 10:10 am

tranz wrote:But... Not a major problem... And not complaining... But it does not mount my other partitions/drives by default.... or when I install them by hand into /etc/fstab. Once I'm booted I click the icon for the drive I want and it is mounted just fine. Just don't know why I can't get it to mount on bootup? Any suggestions?

This is an inherent problem with Hardy and is happening to everybody with any part of the 8.04 release. Nothing major, but odd and different none the less. Seems to be rather picky about the order in which it discovers the drives - boot after boot, as well. If you have issues with it mounting /dev/sdxx to the same spot every time you will need to use the UUID# of the drive in question in your fstab to make it consistant.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby jfg69 » Mon May 05, 2008 10:34 am

Well, I just cleaned up a couple of partitions and am ready to install my new 1.8x64. What I usually do when I install, is to specify the partition I already have created as /HOME in the partition setup.

The question here is, is 1.8 significantly different that I should NOT do this? The other question being, /HOME is pretty large (240-ish GB), thus not a real good candidate for practical backing up.

Am I correct in thinking that when actually specifying the /HOME, it does NOT write over anything on that partition, just places entries into grub, etc..?

jfg69
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Mon May 05, 2008 11:38 am

jfg69 wrote:Well, I just cleaned up a couple of partitions and am ready to install my new 1.8x64. What I usually do when I install, is to specify the partition I already have created as /HOME in the partition setup.

The question here is, is 1.8 significantly different that I should NOT do this? The other question being, /HOME is pretty large (240-ish GB), thus not a real good candidate for practical backing up.

Am I correct in thinking that when actually specifying the /HOME, it does NOT write over anything on that partition, just places entries into grub, etc..?

I would not recomend this. I had some real issues with Hardy stealing and borking my other installed distro's by specifying a /home parition. I would just do a standard install. If you want to install or copy in your personal settings I would do it after a regular install. Just a warning, but do as you wish.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby satelight7430 » Mon May 05, 2008 1:13 pm

a responce to ehabreda
sorry there,but you've got a 32 bit processer.I'm in the same boat as you. paiently waiting for 32 to come out next weekend(if i read correctly).I'M running a t2400 and it will not boot,long intergers is the responce it gives me. so here we wait........ :lol:
satelight7430
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby jfg69 » Mon May 05, 2008 1:49 pm

DaddyX3 wrote:
jfg69 wrote:Well, I just cleaned up a couple of partitions and am ready to install my new 1.8x64. What I usually do when I install, is to specify the partition I already have created as /HOME in the partition setup.

I would not recomend this. I had some real issues with Hardy stealing and borking my other installed distro's by specifying a /home parition. I would just do a standard install. If you want to install or copy in your personal settings I would do it after a regular install. Just a warning, but do as you wish.

Well, I didnt recommend it either! LOL, so I did NOT do that...
all went smooth, quick and without a hitch! I wish Motor Vehicles was the same, LOL...

jfg69
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Postby kc4mnp » Mon May 05, 2008 3:35 pm

kudos to Thee Mann, awesome job on 1.8 dude! I am running it on a HP dv9230us laptop with intel processor and nvidia graphics with no problems and a flawless install dual dual booting with vista home premium as my secondary system....I think it may finally be time to dump vista out the window, 1.8 is truly awesome dude.....dont know how ya do it but u must be one great individual for making this available to the public! i have been playing with computers since the c-64 in 1982, and have tried out all the ultimate editions since 1.2 i think was the 1st one i used.....i have a few of the iso's and most of them on cd or dvd if ya need them after ur crash...dont know how to convert them back to iso format, but could send cd copies if needed.....have really enjoyed the previous versions and think i am going to like this one best of all! Congrats on the great system to u and ur admins and mods etc helpers......hope to be of help someday after i have more experience with *nix...am relatively new to the *nix side of things, maybe twiddling with it for 9 months now, have a long way to go yet....anyway nuff said ....tnx guy c-ya
using a Hewlett Packard dv9230us Laptop
and Ultimate Edition 1.9 x64 bit O/S
kc4mnp
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby mrLRB » Mon May 05, 2008 4:00 pm

TheeMahn wrote:
mrLRB wrote:Just downloaded ,burned and ran 1.8 as a live DVD. All I have to say is - WOW!!!
Kudos to THEEMAN and everyone else who helped him.
Will be partitioning & installing tonight.

It is w/o a doubt my finest work... I am glad you enjoy it, try this from the live disk... take a tour of youtube, works from the live disk a nice addition... java the same take note there is no do you wish to install java flash etc. on boot up, why they are there in the free form ;) I hope you love it half as much as me ;)

Thanks,

TheeMahn

Tried it - works slick!
What I also did (from the live dvd) was, listen to a streaming radio station while rating some pictures on HOT-OR-NOT.com, all while installing Ultimate Edition 1.8 on the hard drive.
Didn't get to rate very many pictures, because 1.8 installed twice as fast as 1.7 did on my system.
ASROCK 990FX Extreme4
AMD FX8350 OC to 4.5ghz
16 GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3
2x WD1002FAEX (Caviar Black) in Raid 0
XFX AMD Radeon 6870 2GB
ASPIRE X-Plorer ATX Mid-Tower
Samsung S27B350H 27" Monitor
BOSE Companion 2
mrLRB
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby quest23 » Mon May 05, 2008 5:00 pm

i have a question...can i run x64 bit on my processor.....here is the name of it...

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHZ...it shows up in system monitor as 2...???thats what confuses me...is it dual core..???? my computer name is Hp Pavillion a450n

thanks in advance...here is a screen shot of my processor as it says in system monitor...
Attachments
Screenshot.png
quest23
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Mon May 05, 2008 6:01 pm

Yep. You will have to wait for the 32 bit edition.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8