Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 has been released!!!

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

Re: Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 has been released!!!

Postby TheeMahn » Mon May 05, 2008 6:07 pm

quest23 wrote:i have a question...can i run x64 bit on my processor.....here is the name of it...

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHZ...it shows up in system monitor as 2...???thats what confuses me...is it dual core..???? my computer name is Hp Pavillion a450n

thanks in advance...here is a screen shot of my processor as it says in system monitor...

have a read here.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby TheeMahn » Mon May 05, 2008 6:15 pm

kc4mnp wrote:kudos to Thee Mann, awesome job on 1.8 dude! I am running it on a HP dv9230us laptop with intel processor and nvidia graphics with no problems and a flawless install dual dual booting with vista home premium as my secondary system....I think it may finally be time to dump vista out the window, 1.8 is truly awesome dude.....dont know how ya do it but u must be one great individual for making this available to the public! i have been playing with computers since the c-64 in 1982, and have tried out all the ultimate editions since 1.2 i think was the 1st one i used.....i have a few of the iso's and most of them on cd or dvd if ya need them after ur crash...dont know how to convert them back to iso format, but could send cd copies if needed.....have really enjoyed the previous versions and think i am going to like this one best of all! Congrats on the great system to u and ur admins and mods etc helpers......hope to be of help someday after i have more experience with *nix...am relatively new to the *nix side of things, maybe twiddling with it for 9 months now, have a long way to go yet....anyway nuff said ....tnx guy c-ya

Thanks a bunch, I am also old school ;) ccal has every edition I have ever released of Ultimate Edition, thanks again.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby SaddleTramp » Mon May 05, 2008 7:17 pm

Well Thee, you've gone and dunnit again!! ;) Just when ya think ya already got the perfect OS, Thee goes and makes a better one!!!! I can see I'll be traveling a long, long time down the path of knowledge learning something new every day. No need to ever think I'll run out of something to learn either. IF I were to even come close to getting an OS conquered, Never Fear, Thee's gonna throw something new at ya again !! Don't get better than that aspect of it anyway.

Thank you again Thee!! The beauty of the whole deal is that it'll take longer for the gray matter to subside into darkness, giving a new thirst to see what's behind the next door!! Just like it says, you're THEEMAHN!!
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Mon May 05, 2008 7:50 pm

SaddleTramp wrote:Well Thee, you've gone and dunnit again!! ;) Just when ya think ya already got the perfect OS, Thee goes and makes a better one!!!! I can see I'll be traveling a long, long time down the path of knowledge learning something new every day. No need to ever think I'll run out of something to learn either. IF I were to even come close to getting an OS conquered, Never Fear, Thee's gonna throw something new at ya again !! Don't get better than that aspect of it anyway.

Thank you again Thee!! The beauty of the whole deal is that it'll take longer for the gray matter to subside into darkness, giving a new thirst to see what's behind the next door!! Just like it says, you're THEEMAHN!!

Thanks, I have been jamming to Nine Inch nails - Discipline, bad tune. As of today 5/5 they are giving away their entire album, it can not even be bought in the stores & they are giving it away 100% free. Trent Reznor is the bomb. Just thought I would share that if someone else is a NIN fan.

Thanks again,

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TREDCAT » Mon May 05, 2008 9:38 pm

Great thanks to TheeMan for his and the other developers efforts on this distro. It really is linux for those who want it all. Big question thought: Can we expect a KDE version of 1.8 x64; 4.0 or 3.5? TheeMan, im sure your consumed with the G 32 version at this time but any chance of KDE sometime after the storm has calmed? I know im fare from alone in my desire to get hold of a great KDE 1.8!! I have the KDE of 1.7 and have loved every bit of it. Also I really hope something good happens for your data recovery, you are likely already several steps beyond this simple suggestion but have you tried using Spinrite disk recovery/ mantenence software? It can do wonderfull things in certain situations and its a program that cant do damage even if it wont help, if you havent tried it then PLEASE look into it. Your distro is key to alot of people and we all want you to keep as close to the top of your game as possible.
TREDCAT
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby TheeMahn » Mon May 05, 2008 11:03 pm

TREDCAT wrote:Great thanks to TheeMan for his and the other developers efforts on this distro. It really is linux for those who want it all. Big question thought: Can we expect a KDE version of 1.8 x64; 4.0 or 3.5? TheeMan, im sure your consumed with the G 32 version at this time but any chance of KDE sometime after the storm has calmed? I know im fare from alone in my desire to get hold of a great KDE 1.8!! I have the KDE of 1.7 and have loved every bit of it. Also I really hope something good happens for your data recovery, you are likely already several steps beyond this simple suggestion but have you tried using Spinrite disk recovery/ mantenence software? It can do wonderfull things in certain situations and its a program that cant do damage even if it wont help, if you havent tried it then PLEASE look into it. Your distro is key to alot of people and we all want you to keep as close to the top of your game as possible.

Thanks,

I have had a fella offer to repair my disk for free, works for data recovery firm, I have also had 2 people offer to buy me a new hard disk, it is neither your fault or theirs, nor your job to replace my hardware. I do appreciate people like you as well as them, trying to do so.. I have ripped the hard disk out formated the other half of the raid and cut my losses. I have downloaded all my work from all my websites and "started over", you have no idea how glad I am that I try to share everything I do with you and others, otherwise I would have been "done". A KDE edition is a long way from now, I am totally hammered just trying to put up a repo for what will be Ultimate Edition 1.8 32 bit. I will soon "hopefully" be turning that job over to an admin here cab, quite the smart fella. You can read more about that here (page 5).

Thanks for the kudos,

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby Nobody » Tue May 06, 2008 7:48 am

Great to hear all is getting better for you, The Mehn :)

Thank you for your one-man-only OS and for your help, and sorry for what could be understood from what I wrote before - I didn't mean to criticize at all, I was only trying to solve things and got somewhat panicked. I know it was a minor, easily fixable issue and I think your OS is great. - hey, I wiped out Mandriva for it ;)

When I totally move to a Linux based OS... This seems to be THE Linux I am going to use. I am pretty amazed still by your OS.

Thank you for thinking about us when you were losing so much.
I apologize for not always finding the right words to express myself.

I guess all what I can do in this regard, in return, (as one nice person who helped me suggested me to) is to try to help others. (when I already know something helpful OFC. I am now far from being there yet, but I feel I am learning some.)
Last edited by Nobody on Tue May 06, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nobody
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 in progress...

Postby pring » Tue May 06, 2008 9:37 am

TheeMahn wrote:
What I am doing right now... I am downloading a backup of the fourm to a 320, I will follow though and download every website I own, I have posted tons of info of exactly what I was doing, including the script, I was using at the time. This forum is my best friend right now. I posted the exact script I used to make Ultimate Edition 1.8 (in admin section), this will make making 1.8 32 bit that much easier to make. I will follow though and download every website I own, the repo is going to take a long time. I am cutting my losses, I will purchase 2 1 TB drives and make prior probs a thing of the past. They will not be raided. They will be cron job rsynced.
I did lose ~ 60000 songs and this totally sucks, this took me about 10 years to build. I now use internet radio.

What probably hurts the most is custom software I have written now gone... I could not tell you the amount of time I had vested. I am glad I am open and post my work otherwise I would have nothing...

I will probably also purchase a much larger tower that has room for 6 hard disks, probably a larger power supply, I am sure I am getting close to maxing out the one I have.

TheeMahn

I've also have been eagerly awaiting the release of 1.8 and been reading through the forums to find out what the delay was. That really sucks what happened. I feel your pain, I also lost a data in a raid before. Not as much as you, but it still hurt.

To be really safe, in addition to having a couple 1 TB drives rsynced, I'd suggest to having another computer with a TB drive, rsync it locally, then keep that computer at a friend's house and do a periodic rsync over ssh to keep an offsite backup. I have a few friends doing this and plan to do that myself soon.
Should you be a victim of fire or theft, at least you'll have the offsite backup to work with.

Cheers,

pring...
pring
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Moonfrost » Tue May 06, 2008 12:02 pm

Ok I have a question...I come to this forum and see everywhere that 1.8x64 has been released??? has it been or not? why isn't it on the official Ultimate site? and another thing...I find it on torrents but it's only 1.3gb...is that the whole thing? or is that some beta release? could anybody tell me please?...specially TheeMahn if you're reading this since you're the creator......
Moonfrost
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.4 64 BIT

Postby Nobody » Tue May 06, 2008 12:11 pm

Moonfrost wrote:Ok I have a question...I come to this forum and see everywhere that 1.8x64 has been released??? has it been or not? why isn't it on the official Ultimate site? and another thing...I find it on torrents but it's only 1.3gb...is that the whole thing? or is that some beta release? could anybody tell me please?...specially TheeMahn if you're reading this since you're the creator......

It is released :)
The Mahn wrote about it on the 1st page of this topic, inside there is an official link to download, details, answer to your questions I guess :P, and md5sum. AFAIK, for now it's for forum readers - no link in main page yet. I guess it'll change soon.

Enjoy :)
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=882&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Nobody
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8