Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 has been released!!!

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

Re: Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 in progress...

Postby madsumberohat » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:52 am

just a question teehmahn
who is going to step into your shoes and keep this puppy going
dont want to sound like a wineing noob but i was just wondering

ild love to help out but i know stuff all about programing etc that would go into updating Ultimate Edition and sadly aint rich so not like i could sponsor you or something lol sigh :cry:

the product is only as good as what u put into it and to be honest i been a fan of linux based distro just not had the chance to jump in and test it out.

also going to jump into UE1.7 or 1.8 if out by time i get to building but still interested in all the game u had in the gamer 1.4 edition i know in a post u can use the update feature and get them just wondering that be in 1.8 and does it grab all the games in the 1.4 or would i be better served to get 1.4 and update to the goodness of 1.8 later?
"your my new Linux guru until your killed or i find someone better Ooo'RAR"
madsumberohat
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.5 32 BIT

Postby madsumberohat » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:09 am

oh i forgot to ask whats the main difference between Ultimate Edition and say Ubuntu Kubuntu mint etc ?
"your my new Linux guru until your killed or i find someone better Ooo'RAR"
madsumberohat
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.5 32 BIT

Postby Baphomet » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:29 am

madsumberohat wrote:oh i forgot to ask whats the main difference between Ultimate Edition and say Ubuntu Kubuntu mint etc ?

Excuse me? Did you just say "Mint" and "Ultimate Edition" in the same breath? What's the difference?

What's the difference between, oh, I dunno... Say, Christopher Lowell and Chuck Norris?

Do you want panysy-boy panache or do you want raw, unadulterated ass-kicking power that will leave your friends beaten, bloody and writhing in supreme agony?? Do you want your PC to simply hum along or do you want it roaring to life in a thunderous cloud, punching and snap-kicking like an over zealous, pissed-off ninja on a 'roid rage who's having a bad hair day?

Yeah... That's what I thought.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby cowboy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:57 am

Easy now Baphomet...
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:00 am

madsumberohat wrote:just a question teehmahn
who is going to step into your shoes and keep this puppy going
dont want to sound like a wineing noob but i was just wondering

ild love to help out but i know stuff all about programing etc that would go into updating Ultimate Edition and sadly aint rich so not like i could sponsor you or something lol sigh :cry:

the product is only as good as what u put into it and to be honest i been a fan of linux based distro just not had the chance to jump in and test it out.

also going to jump into UE1.7 or 1.8 if out by time i get to building but still interested in all the game u had in the gamer 1.4 edition i know in a post u can use the update feature and get them just wondering that be in 1.8 and does it grab all the games in the 1.4 or would i be better served to get 1.4 and update to the goodness of 1.8 later?

I know I'm not TheeMahn, but maybe I could be of some assistance. The games you seek can be obtained through 1.6 or 1.7 upgrade script (located on desktop) and when asked, tick - gamers addition. It will download all the games. As far as upgrading from say 1.4 to 1.8, I don't think this will ever happen. For one, 1.4 is based on Feisty Fawn I believe and 1.6, 1.7 are Gusty Gibbon, 1.8 will be based on Hardy Heron. I don't believe that TheeMahn is going to work on the script as much to get you upgraded from 1.4. Another thing to think about is that TheeMahn is first working on a 64-bit edition of 1.8. So, I don't know what kind of games are going to be in the repository for the 64-bit version of Hardy. Prob. not a lot.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby painterh » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:51 am

Hi all:
I just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth. I am running 1.7 and I have to say it's with out a doubt the best distro, (I heard it is being considered a distro now), that I have ever tried. I too use it about 95% of time, except when I have to boot back into Windows XP to do school work for college. I have winxp I can use via Virtual box, but can't use it for school work because it doesn't allow me to use the 3d capabilities of my video card, which is required for some of the applets I need to run. When I finish my school work and reboot back into Ultimate, it's like coming home. I do have one question though. I am running 1.7 32bit and was wondering if there is much difference between 32 and 64 bit OSs? I have an AMD opteron 170 and was considering the 1.8 64bit upgrade when it's ready. I realize it will probably be a fresh install to go from 32bit to 64bit. Does the 64bit offer any performance improvements, or would I be better off just doing the upgrade to 1.8 32bit when it's ready? Again thanks for all the great work Thee Mann.
There are 3 things that happen when you start getting old. The first is your memory starts to go and I can't remember the other 2. Wait! What was I talking about?

My system:
Asus A8n-sli Deluxe MB
Opteron 170 OC'd to 2.8ghz
1 gig ram
2 160 gig Seagate sata 7200 Barracuda drives
Writemaster Dvd burner with lightscribe
Nvidia 7600GS graphics card
Dual boot; Ultimate 1.8 x64 (95% time) & Win XP Home (only for college course work)
painterh
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby Baphomet » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:29 pm

cowboy wrote:Easy now Baphomet...

Sorry, I... I lost it there for a minute. It was that whole "Mint" thing...
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby cowboy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:34 pm

NP..we value your input..and your posts..and your zeal... ;)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:59 pm

painterh wrote:Hi all:
I just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth. I am running 1.7 and I have to say it's with out a doubt the best distro, (I heard it is being considered a distro now), that I have ever tried. I too use it about 95% of time, except when I have to boot back into Windows XP to do school work for college. I have winxp I can use via Virtual box, but can't use it for school work because it doesn't allow me to use the 3d capabilities of my video card, which is required for some of the applets I need to run. When I finish my school work and reboot back into Ultimate, it's like coming home. I do have one question though. I am running 1.7 32bit and was wondering if there is much difference between 32 and 64 bit OSs? I have an AMD opteron 170 and was considering the 1.8 64bit upgrade when it's ready. I realize it will probably be a fresh install to go from 32bit to 64bit. Does the 64bit offer any performance improvements, or would I be better off just doing the upgrade to 1.8 32bit when it's ready? Again thanks for all the great work Thee Mann.

Thanks, I have been running what will be Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 for a couple weeks, have not even tried 32 bit, and will never go back to 32 bit again (except to build it for users incapable of running 64 bit). I have ran both the 32 bit and 64 bit of Ultimate Edition 1.7 and x64 is way faster especially when you "attempt" to put it under a load. I used to hate 64 bit because of nonavailability of software, this has changed (the repo for Ultimate Edition 1.7 x64 & Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 is larger then the 32 bit repo to try and put things in perspective. Initially I had nothing but problems with harty, this also has changed and mostly within this week stability is setting in quite nicely. The way 1.8 x64 runs I have not even considered going back into 1.7x64 (was my primary OS). I highly suggest a 64 bit OS using the chip you have, be it 1.7 or wait on 1.8, you will never look back. I just finished writing the page that will be injected into the OS it will be "home page" when you open the browser. While it does not explain the gains of using 64 bit this does. Raw speed. Boot speed is not the only gain... Responsiveness, I can drop the hammer on it, for example I am running 16 programs (pretty low to me, I am really hard on an O/S) if I want to open 10 firefoxes they will open as fast as I can click the mouse, this did not happen when I ran 32 bit.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby painterh » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:30 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply, Thee Mahn. Since it has to be a complete re-install, what would be the best way to back-up my files, to be able to restore to new OS? Also, how intuitive is the backup software that comes with Ultimate? I believe it iscalled Simple Backup and Restore. By the way, I really like the black and teal colors in some of the screen shots. Is this a theme in 1.8? I think Hardy was scheduled for release tomorrow, any idea how long after the release that your final 1.8 Ultimate will be ready for download? I guess that's enough questions, didn't mean to ramble. Keep up the outstanding work. If I knew more I would offer some input, but frankly, being as much of a noob as I am, I would feel silly doing so.
There are 3 things that happen when you start getting old. The first is your memory starts to go and I can't remember the other 2. Wait! What was I talking about?

My system:
Asus A8n-sli Deluxe MB
Opteron 170 OC'd to 2.8ghz
1 gig ram
2 160 gig Seagate sata 7200 Barracuda drives
Writemaster Dvd burner with lightscribe
Nvidia 7600GS graphics card
Dual boot; Ultimate 1.8 x64 (95% time) & Win XP Home (only for college course work)
painterh
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8