Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

ati drivers and envy

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

ati drivers and envy

Postby onslaught » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:55 pm

hello. in the application menu EnvyNG appears 2 times. :?:
i had install ati drivers but i think 3d its not working properly. in 3d screen savers the screen is (i don't know how to tell it) flashing...
before ultimate edition i was using another fine Linux distro , but i had similar problems with agp. :evil:
in "hardware drivers" application the status is : in use but the enable box is unchecked.
any advice will be helpful

CPU: p4 3Ghz
Motherboard: albatron px865p pro
Ram: ddr 512
AGP: asus - ati redeon x800xt (r420)
onslaught
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Re: ati drivers and envy

Postby deate » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:55 pm

onslaught wrote:hello. in the application menu EnvyNG appears 2 times. :?:
i had install ati drivers but i think 3d its not working properly. in 3d screen savers the screen is (i don't know how to tell it) flashing...
before ultimate edition i was using another fine Linux distro , but i had similar problems with agp. :evil:
in "hardware drivers" application the status is : in use but the enable box is unchecked.
any advice will be helpful

Check something first for me if you would...I have nvidia, so I don't know if yours will look the same,but...go to ...APPLICATIONS > SYSTEM TOOLS > SYSINFO....and see if there is a reference to ATI...
Then, go to SYSTEM > PREFERENCES >APPEARANCE in the window that pops up, select VISUAL EFFECTS...The 3rd entry down is "EXTRA" ...select that then close... It's been a while since I did this, but I think a "RESTART" is necessary for these changes to take effect...try this and post back :D
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby onslaught » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:41 pm

i did as u said --> in sysinfo the only reference to ati is "hardware" menu, the detection of my graphic card : RV350 AP ati radeon 9600(correct) but in : "VGA Combatible controler" menu :|
about the visual effects --> it wasn't marks none of the three buttons, when i press the 3rd , something ... strange visual effect hapens :o ---> in windows was disappeared the title bar! included minimize. maximize and close button. also was locked the 2nd workspace desk.
os didn't ask me for restart, so i didn't (also i was afraid that if i did , i had to configure xorg in command line :o )
finally i selected the 2nd using the keyboard , because the 'tab menus' had been hidden under the ubuntu menu bar :oops:
if u figure out anything please inform me!

onslaught
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby onslaught » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:03 pm

strider5236 wrote:You need to do a reboot after installing the driver. Other wise the driver will not work. It has to booted up with the kernel in able for you to utilize it. ;)

i think u missed something or, i do.
after driver installation i had reboot. the problem is that they don't seems to work. the problem i posted is after that. its like i have not installed them. (sorry for my English, am not good at it) :mrgreen:
i will try to install them again. if i see any deference i will tell :)

just found something strange. as i said before i saw 2 entries of envyNG in applications menu, the installation was made using one of them 8-) , so , in that entry the selection of ati drivers is 8-6 , and to the other is 8-3 !
whats going on here? :shock:
one says that i have 8-3, and if i want to download 8-6
and the other, that i haven't and if i want to download 8-3? :!:

onslaught
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby deate » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:13 pm

onslaught wrote:i did as u said --> in sysinfo the only reference to ati is "hardware" menu, the detection of my graphic card : RV350 AP ati radeon 9600(correct) but in : "VGA Combatible controler" menu :|
about the visual effects --> it wasn't marks none of the three buttons, when i press the 3rd , something ... strange visual effect hapens :o ---> in windows was disappeared the title bar! included minimize. maximize and close button. also was locked the 2nd workspace desk.
os didn't ask me for restart, so i didn't (also i was afraid that if i did , i had to configure xorg in command line :o )
finally i selected the 2nd using the keyboard , because the 'tab menus' had been hidden under the ubuntu menu bar :oops:
if u figure out anything please inform me!

Ok, when the windows flickered, that was Compiz starting :D Now if yougo to SYSTEM TOOLS and select Compiz Fusion Icon and click on it, it will open up, then right click and it will open the Compiz Settings manager, open this and go to EFFECTS, in the middle row, at the bottom is the "Window Decorations" check this box, and all your buttons will return....By the way, the you will have to RE_SELECT the "EXTRA" (3rd) option that you did before... The info in the "Sysinfo" indicates that your drivers were installed and your card was working :D
By the way... I usually right click on the "Fusion Icon" and add the launcher to my top panel till I get through messing with the "Compiz "settings...easier to get to that way :D Be aware that if you add it to the panel, it will show up on the LEFT hand side...then when you click on it...it will appear on the RIGHT... this is where you "Right" Click to open up settings manager...post back if you have any more trouble
deate
Site Admin

Postby onslaught » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:38 pm

unfortunately i post again :(
i have enable compiz fusion and set window decoration and some more (move, resize... also the cube)
actually its like i haven't. no deference. i don't know man.
i uninstall ati drivers, envy and i install the again--> useless.
the other functions are fine. just the 3d behavior...
i will install ultimate edition 2 and will see.

onslaught
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby deate » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:45 pm

onslaught wrote:unfortunately i post again :(
i have enable compiz fusion and set window decoration and some more (move, resize... also the cube)
actually its like i haven't. no deference. i don't know man.
i uninstall ati drivers, envy and i install the again--> useless.
the other functions are fine. just the 3d behavior...
i will install ultimate edition 2 and will see.

I'm sorry these things haven't worked, but I would suggest that if we can't find the answers here, you will probably have the same results with 2.0...Let me see if I can get someone here with other ideas... we don't give up that easily!
deate
Site Admin

Postby Zero Prime » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:21 pm

Everything I would have suggested has already been suggested.
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!
Windows 7 64bit / Ultimate Edition 2.5
AMD Phenom 945 3.0Ghz Quad core
Foxconn A7GM-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI
HIS ATI 4670 1Gig
6GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
Seagate 250gig HD
Thermaltake Xaser V case
Zero Prime
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby pch.shot » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:21 pm

You can try this:
Attachments
test.png
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby deate » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:10 pm

I'll leave it up to you as to if we continue or not...I'm posting a screen shot of my SYSINFO, so you can see what I have,yours should look simular, except with ATI...I would suggest the following
#1..Open envy and select "Uninstall" drivers
#2 Reboot
#3 Open envy and select "Install" drivers
#4Reboot
#5 Open SYSINFO and see what you've got now

I know this is a silly question, but are you sure Compiz is not running? If you look at the bottom panel in my screen shot you will see 4 workspace squares, if yours is running you would have 2 to start with. Have you used the key combination... "Cntrl" + "Alt" + right or left arrows to see if it switches work spaces?
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Sysinfo/deate 1.8
deate
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8