Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

quotes

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

quotes

Postby witblits1970 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:11 am

how do i get a quote from other posts so i can use it in my next post? i have seen many quotes in reading the forum but i want to learn how to do it. thanks
mobo asus m5a99 x
ram 16 gig ddr3 @1333mhz kingston
hdd 2tb seagate
cpu 3.9 gig fx 6 core piledriver
witblits1970
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: quotes

Postby Baphomet » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:10 am

witblits1970 wrote:how do i get a quote from other posts so i can use it in my next post? i have seen many quotes in reading the forum but i want to learn how to do it. thanks

Instead of clicking the button for "Post Reply", on the left, you click on the button labeled "Quote" up and over on the right.
If that seems easy, it's because it is.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby vinca » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:47 pm

Baphomet wrote:If that seems easy, it's because it is.

:lol:
Vinca... aka BIG V

http://www.scienceprousa.com
Specs:
4gb ddr2 667 ram
Intel Core2Duo E6300 oced to 2.2 ghz
Radeon x1600
Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro
2x 250 gb western digital hard drives soon to be in raid
all on ULTIMATE EDITION!!!!

~Energy and persistence conquer all things~ -Ben Franklin
vinca
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby witblits1970 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:04 am

baph that seems easy enough but as you can see i don't always get a quote button.
Attachments
Screenshot.png
mobo asus m5a99 x
hdd 2tb seagate
witblits1970
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Postby witblits1970 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:49 am

Angel wrote:
witblits1970 wrote:baph that seems easy enough but as you can see i don't always get a quote button.

Had that problem this morning and this might seem like an easy thing as well, but are you logged into the forum at that time? :D

As no quote button showed up for me and I didn't realise my router had gone offline, so i got logged out.

it shows now. hopefully it will show as i submit the post. ok i see it has submitted the whole of the previous post. :D now how do i just select 1 line for a quote??
mobo asus m5a99 x
hdd 2tb seagate
witblits1970
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:09 am

witblits1970 wrote:
now how do i just select 1 line for a quote??

results will soon be posted... I am the king of quoting ;)

TheeMahn
Attachments
quote.png
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby Baphomet » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:11 am

witblits1970 wrote:it shows now. hopefully it will show as i submit the post. ok i see it has submitted the whole of the previous post. :D now how do i just select 1 line for a quote??

I think what you might need is a basic course in BBCode; it's sort of like HTML but it's like HTML for Forum posting in that they both use tags.

Quote this message and look at the top left of your new message. See the [ q u o t e = "baphomet" ]? Everything between the quote tags will show up in YOUR post. The tags are indicated by brackets: [ ] and they need to be opened AND closed.

Opening tag = [q u o t e="Baphomet"]
Closing tag = [/q u o t e]

Note the "/"... That's how you close a tag, with the /. It works with all tags. [ b ] is the bold tag and [ / b] closes it. Everything between the two tags will be in bold text.

To quote only partially, just delete what you don't want to see from between the quote tags.

Use your Preview button to make sure you've done everything correctly before posting or if you need more help try googling how to use either BBCode or HTML. HTML uses < and > for tags though, while BBCode uses brackets [ and ] so don't get confused. Or post back here and we'll help you a little more.

Git it?

Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby deate » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:54 am

witblits1970 wrote:
Angel wrote:
witblits1970 wrote:baph that seems easy enough but as you can see i don't always get a quote button.

Had that problem this morning and this might seem like an easy thing as well, but are you logged into the forum at that time? :D

As no quote button showed up for me and I didn't realise my router had gone offline, so i got logged out.

it shows now. hopefully it will show as i submit the post. ok i see it has submitted the whole of the previous post. :D now how do i just select 1 line for a quote??

I have noticed that if you are using the "back or forward" arrows on your browser (both Firefox and Opera do this" that as you move from one page to the next, you are NOT always on a page "as logged in" I really don't know why this happens, just know that it does...if the "Quote" button isn't there, you're not logged in on that page...
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby Baphomet » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:15 am

deate wrote:I have noticed that if you are using the "back or forward" arrows on your browser (both Firefox and Opera do this" that as you move from one page to the next, you are NOT always on a page "as logged in" I really don't know why this happens, just know that it does...if the "Quote" button isn't there, you're not logged in on that page...

I think it's an issue with the board settings not allowing users to stay logged in. If you don't "keep moving" on the forums, you get logged out pretty quickly because your account appears to be idle. If it helps anyone else, I suggest going into the User Control Panel and choosing the Prosilver color scheme for the forums. When you get logged out, the forums default back to the black and silver color scheme. A pretty decent indicator you've been logged out.

Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby witblits1970 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:20 am

you mean like this?? ;)

To quote only partially, just delete what you don't want to see from between the quote tags.

Git it?[/quote]
mobo asus m5a99 x
hdd 2tb seagate
witblits1970
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8