Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

How to install Ultimate Edition?

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

How to install Ultimate Edition?

Postby tanis » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:17 pm

Hey,

I pretty newbie in this stuff, so I hope someone can cut it out for me :roll:
I have downloaded the two new releases 1.8 (x86) and 1.8 (64 bit).
I think I can use the 64 bit version, but I'm not sure.

When I boot up and get the Ultimate Edition installation screen where you can pick a task, I choose the first link "Start or Install Ultimate Edition". Now the screen change to the Ultimate Edition logo with the dragon in the background and the bar which moves from side to side. So far so good, but after few seconds the screen disappears and a shell prompt (busybox) appears.
I'm not sure what I have to write here to get further with the installation or can it be that the installation fails and exit to the prompt?

A little info for my computer:

Gigabyte motherboard GA-EP43-DS3L with a intel E43 chipset
DDR2 ram (4GB) 1066Mhz
Intel Core 2 Dou 3Ghz E8400
Sapphire x1950 pro graphiccard
250 Gb Sata hard disk

Intel says it is a 64bit technology, but I'm not sure the Ultimate Edition 64bit is only for AMD64 or is there any difference?

Jesper D.
tanis
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: How to install Ultimate Edition?

Postby mrLRB » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:23 pm

Either should work just fine for your setup.
Good luck, and ENJOY!!!
ASROCK 990FX Extreme4
AMD FX8350 OC to 4.5ghz
16 GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3
2x WD1002FAEX (Caviar Black) in Raid 0
XFX AMD Radeon 6870 2GB
ASPIRE X-Plorer ATX Mid-Tower
Samsung S27B350H 27" Monitor
BOSE Companion 2
mrLRB
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby tbird » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:34 pm

tanis wrote:Hey,

I pretty newbie in this stuff, so I hope someone can cut it out for me :roll:
I have downloaded the two new releases 1.8 (x86) and 1.8 (64 bit).
I think I can use the 64 bit version, but I'm not sure.

When I boot up and get the Ultimate Edition installation screen where you can pick a task, I choose the first link "Start or Install Ultimate Edition". Now the screen change to the Ultimate Edition logo with the dragon in the background and the bar which moves from side to side. So far so good, but after few seconds the screen disappears and a shell prompt (busybox) appears.
I'm not sure what I have to write here to get further with the installation or can it be that the installation fails and exit to the prompt?

A little info for my computer:

Gigabyte motherboard GA-EP43-DS3L with a intel E43 chipset
DDR2 ram (4GB) 1066Mhz
Intel Core 2 Dou 3Ghz E8400
Sapphire x1950 pro graphiccard
250 Gb Sata hard disk

Intel says it is a 64bit technology, but I'm not sure the Ultimate Edition 64bit is only for AMD64 or is there any difference?

Jesper D.

It should go directly to desktop without any pauses but I do not know much more to fix problem.
Nec hostium timete, nec amicum reusate.
Fear no enemy, deny no friend.
tbird
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby Baphomet » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:54 pm

Could be a few things. I know a lot of people have had trouble booting Hardy/Ultimate 1.8 with SATA hard drives. I know you're using the LiveDVD and not installing yet, but I still think it may be choking on the fact that it's not finding an acceptable hard drive on your system, so to speak.

You may need to change your SATA setting (on the SATA hard drive) from "IDE" to either "AHCI" or "RAID".

Do you know how to do that?

Also, this thread may be of some help: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=765195&page=1

I have a feeling you're experiencing some of the same problems I had when I first started with Linux: my hardware was "too new". It's nothing, typically, to worry about. You just have to roll up your sleeve's and tweak a few things. We'll get you up and running.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby tanis » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:53 am

Thanks for all your posts. I have to go to work, so I'll look at it when I'm home again.

To you, Baphomet, Thanks for your advise. I'll think you got something there.
In BIOS I can set:
SATA AHCI Mode
Disabled (current) : AHCI is disabled, and SATA controller runs in PATA mode.
Enabled : AHCI Mode (Advanced Host Controller Interface).

Another thing is SATA Port0-3 Native Mode.
My HDD is on Port 0.
Disabled : Allows the SATA controller to operate in Legacy IDE mode.
In Legacy mode the SATA controller use dedicated IRQs that cannot be shared with other device.
Set this option Disabled if you wish to install OS that do not support Native Mode e.g. Windows 9x/ME.
Enabled (current) : Allows SATA controller to operate in Native IDE mode.
Enabled this if you wish to install Windows xp.

So it could be that I should disable the Native mode, and see what happens. I will return with more information about the problem.
Thanks again for your advides.
tanis
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8