Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

hi nOOb questions a little help pls

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

hi nOOb questions a little help pls

Postby fox1984 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:39 am

Hello i just instaled v1.8 looks great so far and am very impressed, its my first steps into the world of linux. I'm a bit confused with setting up drivers for my new machine. i've got the graphics card to work but i think that's about it... also i don't think both my gpu's are running... how can i check this?
fox1984
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.4 64 BIT

Re: hi nOOb questions a little help pls

Postby deate » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:52 am

fox1984 wrote:Hello i just instaled v1.8 looks great so far and am very impressed, its my first steps into the world of linux. I'm a bit confused with setting up drivers for my new machine. i've got the graphics card to work but i think that's about it... also i don't think both my gpu's are running... how can i check this?

Welcome!!I would advise that the first thing you need to do to secure help, please list all of the specifications of your computer.Many people list this information in their profile, so that when you ask for help, the mods can immediately see what your system is. Or you can just post them here, information such as cpu..gpu card..wireless card..etc....anything that requires drivers that you're having trouble with :lol: I'm sure you'll get help here, if it's possible!!!
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby fox1984 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:13 am

Right i've set up a new computer to be a media station in the front room, i want it to be able to play blu ray dvd's and downloaded films.

Ubuntu 8.04 (hardy)

Intel(R) Core(TheeMahn)2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.78GHz
4GB RAM
1TB Hard drive
2 x GeForce 8600 GT SLI
Asus p5n-e sli board

I'm not sure i have both the gpus working as i have not set up sli before, the wireless card is a usrobotics pci card but i'm borrowing it from my computer and thought about buying a Edimax 54 Mbps Wireless USB stick with Antenna.

hope this helps and many thanks in advance

alex
fox1984
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.4 64 BIT

Postby deate » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:32 pm

See if anything here helps with your GPU situations....http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=848748
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:37 pm

deate wrote:See if anything here helps with your GPU situations....http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=848748

beat me to it I just dropped that same link earlier in admin section for a fella ;)
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8