Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

Re: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby DaddyX3 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:02 pm

tbird, you are correct. The upgrade script runs through everything for you and checks to see if you have the game or not then installs/ cleans/ checks again. I think what vinca is referring to is the actual "Gamers" build that TheeMahn has just recently finished and is awaiting for mirrors to pick it up. The upgrade script is just that ... a script that will install things, check for newer releases against the repo and auto-clean when done.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby deate » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:57 pm

szaemon wrote:HI All!
I'm a True Blue Newb so feel free to shoot me if I break a protocol or ask a stupid question.

I Just installed Ultimate 1.8, then hit the upgrade to the Gamers Edition. The load went well until Enemy Territory came in. The upgrade apparently likes that game a lot, because it wouldn't go forward and prompted me to start start the game. I started it, thinking it would let me out after a first run, but no. I couldn't get out of the game screen without exiting the game. Which stopped the terminal and the ongoing install. The terminal said to hit enter and close it out, so I did. This canceled the installation of Enemy Territory and then restarted that same installation. After going through round 2 of the above, Tremulous started downloading, but at about 15 KB/s. Not a good sign since I'm on a cable.

So what do you think? Will the rest of install crawl through ok? (even if it does take a few years) Or have I crippled the install it would be better to abort and start over?

Thanks for your insights...
I hope that someone takes the time to read your post again!!!!This very thing happened to me as far back as 1.4 Gamers...I know that things hide during the install and you have to move boxes around to find hidden boxes, but this is not the case with the scenario that you are describing...I hope someone comes up with an explanation for you....
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby DaddyX3 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:43 am

szaemon wrote:I hope that someone takes the time to read your post again!!!!This very thing happened to me as far back as 1.4 Gamers...I know that things hide during the install and you have to move boxes around to find hidden boxes, but this is not the case with the scenario that you are describing...I hope someone comes up with an explanation for you....

Are you talking about this??? Vinca already answered this post a while back ...

vinca wrote:
szaemon wrote:HI All!
I'm a True Blue Newb so feel free to shoot me if I break a protocol or ask a stupid question.

I Just installed Ultimate 1.8, then hit the upgrade to the Gamers Edition. The load went well until Enemy Territory came in. The upgrade apparently likes that game a lot, because it wouldn't go forward and prompted me to start start the game. I started it, thinking it would let me out after a first run, but no. I couldn't get out of the game screen without exiting the game. Which stopped the terminal and the ongoing install. The terminal said to hit enter and close it out, so I did. This canceled the installation of Enemy Territory and then restarted that same installation. After going through round 2 of the above, Tremulous started downloading, but at about 15 KB/s. Not a good sign since I'm on a cable.

So what do you think? Will the rest of install crawl through ok? (even if it does take a few years) Or have I crippled the install it would be better to abort and start over?

Thanks for your insights...

the gamers choice in ultimate edition has not been updated since 1.7, therefore the games are outdated from the repositories, and the process will not complete. You can download ultimate gamers when it comes out to get all of the games.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Tib » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:51 pm

1.8 GAMERS!!!!!! I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!!!!
*hops up and down like a giddy little school boy* :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
*sacrifices a thousand Mr. Softie noobs to the god of Linux, TheeMahn* :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:!:

RE: Upgrade Script - HOLY!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!.....that is the bomb.... :o :shock: :!:
RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
HD: 250GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO

Laptop:
RAM: 2 Gigs
CPU: AMD64 X2 2GHz
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7150M
HD's: Internal 150 Gig
Quad-boot: Vista/XP/1.8 x86 Gamers/1.9 x64

TIP: If a program fails to start, run it from the terminal to see the error text!
Tib

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:00 pm

Tib wrote:1.8 GAMERS!!!!!! I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!!!!
*hops up and down like a giddy little school boy* :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
*sacrifices a thousand Mr. Softie noobs to the god of Linux, TheeMahn* :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:!:

RE: Upgrade Script - HOLY!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!.....that is the bomb.... :o :shock: :!:

Been uploading since I went to bed yesterday and still 4 hours to go, I need a fatter pipe ;) The script is moving right along, a few things to clean up... Don't look for it anytime soon perhaps around the release of Ultimate Edition 1.9 (probably will be built in).

TheeMahn
Attachments
Screenshot-1.png
Ultimate Edition script
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby Baphomet » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:58 pm

Tib wrote:1.8 GAMERS!!!!!! I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!!!! *hops up and down like a giddy little school boy* :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: *sacrifices a thousand Mr. Softie noobs to the god of Linux, TheeMahn* :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:!: ***SMACK, SMACK, SMACKS THE LIVING CRAP RIGHT OUTTA Tib*** :!:

Get a grip, man!!! GET... A... GRIP!!!

***SMACK***

That one I just did for the sheer enjoyment of it...
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby tbird » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:03 am

Me thinks Tib has been on the funny juice <BREW>
Nec hostium timete, nec amicum reusate.
Fear no enemy, deny no friend.
tbird
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby carlosalberto » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:27 am

Hi All:

Could somebody with a extra time, to put some guides or manuals on how to install Return To Castle Wolfenstein, Quake 2,3,4, Doom 3 and other "popular" games... i know that somone is goona say to me "do a search", yes, i tried, but i don't have the time, and i'm posting from my work :P i hope that no one caught me here :mrgreen: haha

Thanks.
carlosalberto
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:05 pm

carlosalberto wrote:Hi All:

Could somebody with a extra time, to put some guides or manuals on how to install Return To Castle Wolfenstein, Quake 2,3,4, Doom 3 and other "popular" games... i know that somone is goona say to me "do a search", yes, i tried, but i don't have the time, and i'm posting from my work :P i hope that no one caught me here :mrgreen: haha

Thanks.

I intend to make that as easy as I can for you...
et.png
downloads & installs rtcw for you

games.png
un-installation is optional

shortcutrtcw.png
does everything, but wipe your butt ;)

Still not good enough for you after it installs it it will download the update and install it as well. I will be adding more games, some of the best you can't get from a repo, deb based, or bin based installers.

Every app / game in the software works for 32 bit Ultimate Edition 1.8 / Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers, untested on 64 bit as of now, that will soon change. I will then release it for all to enjoy.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby Tib » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:56 pm

By the by, I don't know how the release is specifically handled, and I don't know if it's helpful or not, but, I just finally got my daisy-chained routers to forward ports correctly, so as soon as there's a torrent up, I can DL it and help seed it....unless using mirrors is better/faster? I have no idea....windows sucks with straight-downloads, so I stopped using them long ago....though, Firefox seems to be able to DL right from mirrors okay.....but, if it'll help, lemme know when a torrent is up, and I'll help seed (40-70K/s, unlimited bandwidth :mrgreen:).

Tib
RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
HD: 250GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO

Laptop:
RAM: 2 Gigs
CPU: AMD64 X2 2GHz
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7150M
HD's: Internal 150 Gig
Quad-boot: Vista/XP/1.8 x86 Gamers/1.9 x64

TIP: If a program fails to start, run it from the terminal to see the error text!
Tib

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8