Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:02 am

In the works... Currently burning is Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers it has been completely rebuilt using a daily build, which means all upgrades are pre-installed for you, I am sure it is not completely done, but not far from it, this will be updated many times before official release, as it sits all the apps from Ultimate Edition 1.8 x86 are preinstalled along with the following games.

Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers:

• Atlantik
  • Kasteroids
  • Supertux
  • Supertuxkart
  • Actioncube
  • Assaultcube
  • Warsow
  • Warzone2100
  • Alien-arena
  • Frozen-bubble
  • Flightgear
  • Wesnoth
  • Glest
  • Scorched 3d
  • Foobillard
  • 3dchess
  • Dreamchess
  • Brutalchess
  • Sauerbraten
  • Gridwars
  • Ufoai
  • Alienarena 2007
  • Bos wars
  • Brikx
  • Nexuiz (newest)
  • Tremulous
  • Irrlamb
  • Gbrainy
  • Vertris
  • Nimuh
  • Five or more
  • Four in a row
  • Mahjongg
  • Supertux 2
  • Gnometris
  • Blackjack
  • Freecell Solitaire
  • Lagno
  • Klotski
  • Mines
  • Nibbles
  • Robots
  • Same Gnome
  • Sudoku
  • Tali
  • Tetravex
  • Ultimate stunts
  • Vdrift
  • Pokerth
  • Snowballz
  • Airstrike
  • Barrage
  • Bzflag
  • Chromium
  • Gnome hearts
  • Savage
  • Legends
  • Free Orion

Games available via upgrade icon on desktop (I will update the upgrade script all will benefit):
  • Americas Army
  • Armatron Advanced
  • Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
  • ... TBA

It is currently 3.2 GB, so I have room to add an additional ~800MB probably a gig after compression is applied of games, I am trying to keep it under 4GB, please stand by... Yes, I have been quite busy ;) After this is released I will begin work on Ultimate Edition 1.9 (KDE / Gnome / XFCE) I look for Ultimate Edition 1.9 to be beaten worse then a red headed stepchild. Making 3 Ultimate Edition 1.8's across the board even though there is 3 versions of Ultimate Edition 1.8 (x86, 64 & gamers). It has happened every time I have released a KDE based edition. It is coming. I just need to get this behind me.

EDIT 06/18/08: The Games list has expanded since this post, I feel an update is in order, I have just freshly installed it. I am hoping I can make the 203 updates go away before release. Currently 3.5 GB (3761674240 bytes). Note the list is too large to show all ;)
snapshot1.png
Games

EDIT 06/25/08: Due to the sheer size of Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers I am unable to host it ccal has sent me login info, I will be uploading it this eve. It will indeed take many hours to upload, release tba. It took me about 20 minutes just to install, it is loaded to the hilt with games. Progress on the new script has been going slow due to the vast differences in x86 / 64 bit technology. Ultimate Edition script will be "The Bomb" when done. I have spent night and day for almost a week bringing it up to par, this is no light script it is written in python / bash and xml. Further details to follow.

Speaking of upgrade script...
Screenshot.png

All Ultimate Edition's will have it when I am done.

The Bottom Line:
07/08/08: It is uploading for the last time (4th attempt) at ~20 hours a crack 80 hours I have spent trying to get it uploaded there will not be 100 if it fails it will not be released.

Well, I would like you to see hope, it is coming... ccal is the only man on this earth to have it (Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers), minus me (and has been md5sum verified) ;) I always provide 24 hours for admin / mirrors and mods to have it, it is Ultimately his decision as far as what he does with it, but it has been verified as a good copy. I prefer him to allow 24 hours for mirrors / admin & mods to have it, but ultimately it his decision. So there will be a Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers, enjoy.

Stay Tuned.

TheeMahn
ue18gamers.png
Installation complete, list of games too long for my screen...

crc.png
Md5sum confirms...

EDIT 07/10/08: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers available for download via BitTorrent, torrent file link.

Enjoy :D
Last edited by TheeMahn on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Torrent post
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby Eragon » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:39 am

No Open Arena, Urban Terror and Savage: the battle for Newerth?

With those games added, it would be 150 % perfect! :D
Eragon
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:02 am

Eragon wrote:No Open Arena, Urban Terror and Savage: the battle for Newerth?

Open arena:
yep np...

Urban terror:
Licence Stuff

Urban Terror is a mod for Quake 3 Arena. Urban Terror can be freely distributed over the internet, unmodified, without charging for the product. Urban Terror uses the Quake 3 SDK license. This means the game code (the .qvm's in zpak000.pk3) are closed source and can only be distributed electronically over the internet, not on cd or dvd. The non-code data files of Urban Terror (zpak000-assets.pk3) can go on any medium however. The full license texts come with the installer, they outweigh the information provided here.

Urban Terror does not use any Quake 3 data, only its engine (on windows: quake3.exe) to run on. It therefor can also run on other executables created from the GPL'ed Quake 3 code. ioUrbanTerror.exe is such an executable and is distributed together with Urban Terror, but is a seperate product. Quake 3 can still be used to run Urban Terror on if the end-user prefers it. ioUrbanTerror uses the GPL license and its source code is openly available. ioUrbanTerror does not depend on Urban Terror, it can be used to run any Quake 3 mod or even baseq3, by setting the appropriate fs_game. When running Urban Terror on ioUrbanTerror, Urban Terror's close sourced .qvm's (quake virtual machine) are interprated by the open source engine (ioUrbanTerror).

So far yep, downloading to look at the full eula (end user license agreement).

Savage:
looking into this as the other downloads.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby Eragon » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:13 am

The license for savage is commercial, for those that give a **** about free software, but the source code for the original savage 1 can be downloaded together with the game from newerth.com, and may be modified. The sfe expension (which you MUST include because you can't play on the servers without it) is closed source however, as is the xr version being created by newerth. As far as I know distribution is allowed (it's also included in sabayon), and it's definitely freeware nowadays. It may not be open source blah blah blah but it's definitely fun to play! :)
Eragon
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:28 am

I went & added the following...
  • Open arena
  • Urban terror
  • Paintown
  • Ultimate stunts
  • Vdrift
  • Pokerth
  • Snowballz
  • Airstrike
  • Barrage
  • Bzflag
  • Chromium
  • Gnome hearts

Results:
theemahn@SledgeHammer:/media/Main/wip$ sudo mksquashfs edit extract-cd/casper/filesystem.squashfs -no-sparse
Parallel mksquashfs: Using 4 processors
Creating little endian 3.1 filesystem on extract-cd/casper/filesystem.squashfs, block size 131072.
[======================================================================================================================================================================================= ] 253922/255488 99%
Exportable Little endian filesystem, data block size 131072, compressed data, compressed metadata, compressed fragments, duplicates are removed
Filesystem size 4387113.14 Kbytes (4284.29 Mbytes)
55.40% of uncompressed filesystem size (7918373.73 Kbytes)
Inode table size 2691381 bytes (2628.30 Kbytes)
28.48% of uncompressed inode table size (9450090 bytes)
Directory table size 2563948 bytes (2503.86 Kbytes)
44.99% of uncompressed directory table size (5699055 bytes)

I don't know if it will even fit on a DVD... Building ISO...

Not going to happen 700 MB just for Urban Terror:
root@SledgeHammer:/media/Main/wip/extract-cd# sudo mkisofs -r -V "Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers" -cache-inodes -J -l -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o ../test.iso .
I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings)
File ./casper/filesystem.squashfs is larger than 4GiB-1.
-allow-limited-size was not specified. There is no way do represent this file size. Aborting.
root@SledgeHammer:/media/Main/wip/extract-cd#

Will try to override it (-allow-limited-size), but I am fairly certain it will bomb out...

2207809 extents written (4312 MB)

I believe a DVD's max capacity is 4.3 GB, no overburn.

Wow, I stand corrected... 4,521,592,832 bytes & it is burning, does not mean it is going to work, worth a try I suppose.

EDIT: Yep it is in the trash can... Going to try all the above minus urban.

Sorry,

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby ish420 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:41 pm

Woah! The gamers edition of Ultimate Edition? Dang, I had to reinstall XP on the fam comp. They didn't really give me the time I needed to get it updated. And the way I have my HDD partitioned. I can't take a risk that I'll mess up the GRUB(again), if I try a dual boot config. I will try Ultimate Edition again when gamers is out. Hopefully I'll figure out how to get the wireless running on my laptop. Once I get that out of the way. I may try a dual boot w/vista. I haven't had any probs w/vista since sp1. and is far better looking than XP. But if it is true that performance will increase w/Ultimate Edition or XP, then I really want to try something other than XP. I really liked the appearance and out of the box functionality of Ultimate Edition. Honestly, I loved going through every program you managed to get in there. Some of my friends are total skeptics and say "It has too many apps. It's gonna run slow." I don't know if that is true but if it is, I can't tell.

Thanx Thee for this distro.

P.S.
If Ultimate Edition ever works with DX10 and STEAM, then windows may never see my business again.
Thanx,
Ish the Chiefspliff

My Rig (DELL INSPIRON 1720 LAPTOP)
Intel(R) Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.6GHz 2GB RAM
Nvidia G-Force 8400M GS 128MB
120GB HDD w/ 15GB Partition for Windows7 100GB storage.
I plan on getting 2x500GB HDD on my Laptop. ;) 1TB on a Laptop=INSANE
ish420
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.0 Gamers

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:48 pm

Eragon wrote:No Open Arena, Urban Terror and Savage: the battle for Newerth?

Open arena is now on the disk... other 2 is not going to happen no matter what I do. What I do with the upgrade script can make all happen, I have thought about adding some "huge games" want to see the largest "free linux game I have ever seen", flight / space sim may not be your thing. It is HUGE, 3 CD's, not to mention the ton of mods available.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:03 pm

ish420 wrote:Woah! The gamers edition of Ultimate Edition? Dang, I had to reinstall XP on the fam comp. They didn't really give me the time I needed to get it updated. And the way I have my HDD partitioned. I can't take a risk that I'll mess up the GRUB(again), if I try a dual boot config. I will try Ultimate Edition again when gamers is out. Hopefully I'll figure out how to get the wireless running on my laptop. Once I get that out of the way. I may try a dual boot w/vista. I haven't had any probs w/vista since sp1. and is far better looking than XP. But if it is true that performance will increase w/Ultimate Edition or XP, then I really want to try something other than XP. I really liked the appearance and out of the box functionality of Ultimate Edition. Honestly, I loved going through every program you managed to get in there. Some of my friends are total skeptics and say "It has too many apps. It's gonna run slow." I don't know if that is true but if it is, I can't tell.

Thanx Thee for this distro.

P.S.
If Ultimate Edition ever works with DX10 and STEAM, then windows may never see my business again.

Not the first time I have made a gamers edition or the second for that matter ;) This will make the link I just placed look like a joke as far as games on *nix. This is the area where *nix gets slammed upon, I intend to change it one step at a time if necessary. Apps are there believe that, the only reason you see a vista icon on my desktop is because of games period.

Nix not just Ultimate Edition does not matter how much is installed does not slow down the PC unlike windows this is due to the filesystem... the only exception is services. I boot into vista and a gig or better of ram is gone 0 programs running, I do not think I have ever seen Ultimate Edition use 1 gb of ram and run 15+ programs all day long :)

Windows in general is a hogg, laptops are problematic where nix is involved, I have fixed and integrated wireless in the past. I just do not have the time anymore. If I no longer answered posts, PM's and my own admin / mods maybe ;)

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby Baphomet » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:13 pm

ish420 wrote:Some of my friends are total skeptics and say "It has too many apps. It's gonna run slow." I don't know if that is true but if it is, I can't tell.

Now is the time to put down whatever it is you're smokin' and tell "some of your friends" to put their money where their mouth is. Get ready to have to ignore their, red, saucer-sized eyes' as you cash-in like a royal b--ch, then head for the nearest 7-11 and buy enough pemican and pringles to satisfy the most demanding fit of the munchies. Because while Ultimate Edition is many things to many people, it is slow to no one.

ish420 wrote:P.S.

Talk to Bill Gates about that. Get DirectX to go open-source and you'll be crowned a God among men. Of course Bill knows that many, MANY people would cease to continue to take it up the... errr... to continue to purchase Windows licenses if DirectX were made publicly available. $#!%, I'd whoop and holler for DX8!
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby Eragon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:43 am

Theemahn, Savage 1 is only 150 MB, it should easily fit on the cd :)
Eragon
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8