Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Talk to TheeMahn

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

Talk to TheeMahn

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:54 am

I am hammered with requests, I want to address your issues, there is 1000's of posts I can not see I am creating this post to "try" and oversee all those problems. Post here only after you have tried to see it gone you can ask "TheeMahn", please this is the last place to go, I have been hammered by people the only reason this forum even floats is due to admin /mods. Please think before you post, if I find you have posted prior you are "HIT", please ask elsewhere before you ask me. I do want to help you, I just do not want 1000's of people wanting to talk to me I do want others that can not find an answer to their post. What I ask simply put is a link to what you asked and no answer. I have expanded our admin this eve, so I should not see a post right? Please do NOT piss me off.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Talk to TheeMahn

Postby trew45140 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:40 am

Hey wow, thanks for adding this Board. I did ask a question here... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=882&start=300 and got an answer. But since you are the most intelligent one with Linux code, I was wondering where I should start if I were to try and enable touchscreen support for Ultimate Edition 1.8 64-bit for the HP Pavilion tx2500z. I don't want to bring down your wrath, but I was curious as to how it might be accomplished and where I should start...
Thanks again TheeMan!!
_Trew_
trew45140
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 64 BIT

Postby LeadFingers » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:17 am

I realize I'm not TheeMahn but think of this as Elevator music, a pleasant distraction until you arrive.

This article from Tectonic states that touchscreen support is one of the big issues the Ubuntu developers are working on for the next major release (8.10 Intrepid Ibex)
Due out in Oct.

This article from SourcePole is a good Touchscreen support site, including a How To for EloTouch and MicroTouch.

These 2 links are how a Ubuntu user got his Touchscreen working.
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=583400
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=158666

This thread from the HP Forum Showed the most promise as they posted these configurations and the 2 links above.
# cd /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input
# ls -al mutouch_drv.o

xorg.conf (or XF86Config):
Section "Module"
Load "mutouch_drv.o"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "xxxxx"
Driver "xxxxx"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/xxxxx"
Option "MinimumXPosition" "0"
Option "MaximumXPosition" "xxxxx"
Option "MinimumYPosition" "0"
Option "MaximumYPosition" "xxxxx"
EndSection

Do customize above further (varies from different type of Linux OS flavour)

I would take my time and read that whole thread a few times, it seems like the "Hot Ticket.

Hope this puts you on the right path. A good start if nothing else.
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby trew45140 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:36 am

Wow, thanks so much man!! I was really wondering if they would try and start adding support for touchscreen in the next version of Ubuntu due to Windows 7 focusing on Touch and as more and more devices are becoming touch-enabled... I'll definately check out the links :D

_Trew_
trew45140
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:23 am

LeadFingers wrote:I realize I'm not TheeMahn but think of this as Elevator music, a pleasant distraction until you arrive.

This article from Tectonic states that touchscreen support is one of the big issues the Ubuntu developers are working on for the next major release (8.10 Intrepid Ibex)
Due out in Oct.

This article from SourcePole is a good Touchscreen support site, including a How To for EloTouch and MicroTouch.

These 2 links are how a Ubuntu user got his Touchscreen working.
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=583400
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=158666

This thread from the HP Forum Showed the most promise as they posted these configurations and the 2 links above.
# cd /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input
# ls -al mutouch_drv.o

xorg.conf (or XF86Config):
Section "Module"
Load "mutouch_drv.o"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "xxxxx"
Driver "xxxxx"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/xxxxx"
Option "MinimumXPosition" "0"
Option "MaximumXPosition" "xxxxx"
Option "MinimumYPosition" "0"
Option "MaximumYPosition" "xxxxx"
EndSection

Do customize above further (varies from different type of Linux OS flavour)

I would take my time and read that whole thread a few times, it seems like the "Hot Ticket.

Hope this puts you on the right path. A good start if nothing else.

Thanx brother, as I am sure you know, I have been hammered with Gamers Edition, haven't been on the board in days a rarity to me ;) If this thread does nothing other then bring to attention questions not answered elsewhere, I have done my job by making it ;)

Thanks again,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby Tib » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:04 pm

TheeeeeMaaaaahnnnn :P, me hath a question, or well, a thread:

http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1264&p=11728&sid=fd2f5bbf2dd052e3e6456e6655bc2946&sid=fd2f5bbf2dd052e3e6456e6655bc2946#p11728

I just needa know if SELinux is conflicting with AppArmor or something, or why running System Monitor would pop up that error, and what might fix it/the other problems....tried reinstalling both system monitor and gnome panel, neither helped or solved the problems.
Thanks! :mrgreen:

Tib
RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
HD: 250GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO

Laptop:
RAM: 2 Gigs
CPU: AMD64 X2 2GHz
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7150M
HD's: Internal 150 Gig
Quad-boot: Vista/XP/1.8 x86 Gamers/1.9 x64

TIP: If a program fails to start, run it from the terminal to see the error text!
Tib

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby djsparky72 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:53 pm

Dude, the Ultimate Edition line is a true thing of beauty. My techie co-partner and I have recently blacklisted all Microsoft products in search of the higher calling. 10 systems later, I have found this calling. Your bootable downloads and unreal informational support here on the forums is mind-boggling. Why I never switched over years ago I will never know. Thank you! (Huge round of applause)

Now, the only thing I have ever come across in these installs that has been a glitch for me is a random freeze up leaving the keyboard lights flashing. Please excuse the extreme noobishness of the statement, but I am very new to this. (PLC's are my thing)

TehBard
djsparky72
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:20 am

djsparky72 wrote:Dude, the Ultimate Edition line is a true thing of beauty. My techie co-partner and I have recently blacklisted all Microsoft products in search of the higher calling. 10 systems later, I have found this calling. Your bootable downloads and unreal informational support here on the forums is mind-boggling. Why I never switched over years ago I will never know. Thank you! (Huge round of applause)

Now, the only thing I have ever come across in these installs that has been a glitch for me is a random freeze up leaving the keyboard lights flashing. Please excuse the extreme noobishness of the statement, but I am very new to this. (PLC's are my thing)

TehBard

Sad, I made this thread so users can openly speak to me, sometimes I don't check it in weeks (always hammered by requests PM's / programming or building the next latest / greatest), I have virtually 0 social life.

Only suggestion I can think of is to try another keyboard. Sorry it took so long to get back with you.

Thanks for the kind comments,

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby LeadFingers » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:19 pm

strider5236 wrote:Hey TheeMahn,

I want to start using the server kernel on the x32 Ultimate Edition, and was wondering if there are any issue's I should be aware of before I install the kernel. Will everything still work the same as before? The reason for this is so I can utilize all four gigs of ram on the 32 bit system. I would appreciate any suggestions or comments pertaining to this question. Thanks for your time. 8-)

While I am definitely Not TheeMahn, I thought you might like to know a few issues before jumping into the Server kernel.
Since it's configured for a server it won't have any of the modules for any peripherals (ie... printer, scanner, etc, prolly not wireless either) these modules will have to be loaded manually.
You will also need to reinstall your video drivers.

While many users prefer to start out with the Server kernel and build their own system, it may take you a while to get back up to Ultimate Edition standards.

I'm sure TheeMahn will give you a better answer when he reads this.

LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby LeadFingers » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:15 pm

strider5236 wrote:Thanks LeadFingers,

Appreciate the quick reply. I had a feeling that it would be a little more involved then I had though. This is okay though. I don't mind going through the headache of doing all the modules manually, I personally learn best when I do things the hard way. ;)
How do I go about installing the modules? Do I use synaptic? Appreciate your help on this. <BREW>

Yah, Synaptic should install them for you.
The trick will be finding out what you need, but once you know the name of the module ( I suspect Google will become your best buddy) that's half of the battle.

Yes you should be able to use the same repo's, but some packages may differ for the server kernel. IDK!

This little snippet from Newbie's corner may come in handy
By Cynical @ http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=261366

How-To: Create a list of installed packages

I found out how to do this recently and thought it might be helpful to some people. To output this information to a file in your home directory you would use,
Code: Select all
dpkg --get-selections > installed-software

And if you wanted to use the list to reinstall this software on a fresh ubuntu setup,
dpkg --set-selections < installed-software

followed by
dselect

I would run this before switching kernels, (to generate the list)
Save it to CD and you could always use it to regenerate your packages after the switch.
Just keep an eye out for broken packages as all may not be compatible with the server kernel.
Again, I don't know!

LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8