Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate 1.8 is 8.04 LTS?.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

Re: Ultimate 1.8 is 8.04 LTS?.

Postby tdutra » Tue May 20, 2008 12:19 am

LeadFingers wrote:
TheeMahn wrote:I could open a thread, but I would never visit it. No habla espanol, I am afraid I would be of no help to you. All of our admin / mods speak English. As the above shows I am fully aware that there are people here from other countries. Ultimately it would be Spanish helping Spanish, I will consider it.
TheeMahn
I know this is a terrible time to ask a question like this...
How difficult would it be to add a translator feature to the forum?
This option would be better than splitting the forum into different languages, as more tech support would be available. It would also break the global language barrier and bring Ultimate Edition one step closer to a truly universal OS.
I know it is possible with addons such as AltaVista Babel Fish, but have no idea of the complexities involved with integrating it into the forum.

If integrating a translator proves to be to difficult, the next best option might be installing translators in the OS, (LinuxPR is open source)
or adding a script, similar to the Flash & Adobe installer, to install a translator as part of the default process.

A 3rd option would be adding a link to online translators such as Translate Google.com (Translates text or whole web pages) or Translation Langenberg.com (gives you the choice of which translation engine to use)

No one expects you to even consider this until after 1.8 x64 & 1.8 i386 are finished

Galera Hello!
Suo new user of ubuntu, and even more in user Ultimate 1.7, I speak only Portuguese, but I hope you understand me, because I am using google translators, Parabém the initiative of the forum, and I can say that with little knowledge of this new system (for me ) But yum bit of goodwill could install and customize the way that I admire.

Now ask .... how best to upgrade to version 1.8 (32bit) without losing my modoficações?

Abraços await your commitment ...
"(Olá Galera!
Suo novo usuário do ubuntu, e mais no ainda usuario Ultimate 1.7, falo apenas portugues, mas espero que voces me entendam, pois estou usando google traduor, Parabém pela iniciativa do fórum, e posso dizer que com pouco conhecimento deste novo sistema (pra mim) mas yum pouco de boa vontade consegui instalar e personalizar da maneira que me agrada.

Agora pergunto.... qual a melhor forma de atualizar para versão 1.8 (32bit) sem perder minhas modoficações?

Abraços aguardo vosso empenho...)"
tdutra
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Moebius » Tue May 20, 2008 1:03 am

Funny all the talk about our Aussie 'Sheilas' - Get the same thing in reverse in the States, they love the Aussie accent (although I can't say I've ever been offered payment either!) - there is a joke down here about U.S. Seamen (please notice the correct spelling!) but we wont go down that path. :roll:
There's a mention about Hobart - I'm based at Launceston, about 200km North on the island. I've travelled the world and would not settle anywhere else - she's 'Bonza' (sorry couldn't resist). Anyways, I'm off to play with my new Ultimate Edition 1.8 32bit - The Mahn, I sincerely thank you and the team for a great OS. Bewdy!
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby LeadFingers » Tue May 20, 2008 8:17 am

tdutra wrote:Galera Hello!
Suo new user of ubuntu, and even more in user Ultimate 1.7, I speak only Portuguese, but I hope you understand me, because I am using google translators, Parabém the initiative of the forum, and I can say that with little knowledge of this new system (for me ) But yum bit of goodwill could install and customize the way that I admire.

Now ask .... how best to upgrade to version 1.8 (32bit) without losing my modoficações?

Abraços await your commitment ...
"(Olá Galera!
Suo novo usuário do ubuntu, e mais no ainda usuario Ultimate 1.7, falo apenas portugues, mas espero que voces me entendam, pois estou usando google traduor, Parabém pela iniciativa do fórum, e posso dizer que com pouco conhecimento deste novo sistema (pra mim) mas yum pouco de boa vontade consegui instalar e personalizar da maneira que me agrada.

Agora pergunto.... qual a melhor forma de atualizar para versão 1.8 (32bit) sem perder minhas modoficações?

Abraços aguardo vosso empenho...)"

Use Simple backup Config in Systems/Administration/Simple Backup Config.
Set the restore point to a separate partition or separate drive.
Do a fresh install of 1.8
Say yes at the Migration Assistant in the install process.
After the install is complete, to use your backup, run Simple Backup Restore.
Then hit the Upgrade Icon
After the upgrade is complete
Before you reboot install your video drivers with Envyng (or you will get a black screen)
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Baphomet » Tue May 20, 2008 8:56 am

Angel wrote:Careful boys you've got a feisty Aussie sheila hanging around...

'bout damn time.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8