Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Sourceforge download, bad checksum

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

Sourceforge download, bad checksum

Postby Luxx » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:09 am

My computer suffered a terrible demise due to an unexpected power surge and I'm starting over with a new build.
I had Ultimate Edition and Ubuntu side by side on a dual boot and barely noticed a difference. I didn't think about the fact that I had been tweaking the Ubuntu hdd for YEARS.
I made the mistake of putting a fresh install of Ubuntu on the new build and quickly realized THIS IS NOT HOW "MY" COMPUTER WORKS!

So I'm trying to download Ultimate Edition 3.5.1 from Sourceforge and can't get a good checksum. Browsing the files, it's listed at 3.8 GB, but the actual file to download says it is 3.6, and the md5sum number isn't anywhere close to the number it should be. Has something changed with the file available through Sourceforge? I tried a different mirror with the same result. Is there somewhere else I can get it?

I also downloaded DiamondIIB x64 and the checksum on that one is fine, so I'm thinking it's just that one file.
GIGABYTE FM2 AMD A55 (Hudson D2) HDMI Micro ATX Motherboard
AMD A4-5300 Trinity 3.4GHz FM2 65W Dual-Core APU
with Radeon HD 7480D graphics
G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600
SATA drive 1: 200 GB -- Ubuntu 13.04, just isn't cutting it for me.
Luxx
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Sourceforge download, bad checksum

Postby Luxx » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:50 pm

Thanks Blackwolf. I did actually get a good one from Sourceforge on my 4th or 5th try.

Upgrading Ubuntu for years and then trying Ultimate Edition... once I switched to Gnome I couldn't tell much of a difference.

But a fresh install of Ubuntu is a different story. Ubuntu 13.04 is a little buggy. Nemo misbehaves losing downloads and not seeing files that it should see, my strategically placed icons disappear, the desktop folder doesn't know whether it's open or closed, and that's just the file manager. Cinnamon couldn't handle my graphics at all, although muffin behaved better than nemo. Both "stuff" and flexibility were missing from MATE, and Unity kept interfering with DE changes I tried to make, although it did finally look nice, in another theme, and was usable. Some of that may be my hi-res screen with better graphics though.

I like playing with new things and have plans to re-examine some other distros, but right now I have work saved in Dropbox waiting to get done before some pretty hard deadlines and I really just want MY computer back. Thanks TheeMahn for putting all the good stuff together. For now, I can go 'home' and just get my work done. I feel a little spoiled, actually. ;)
GIGABYTE FM2 AMD A55 (Hudson D2) HDMI Micro ATX Motherboard
AMD A4-5300 Trinity 3.4GHz FM2 65W Dual-Core APU
with Radeon HD 7480D graphics
G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600
SATA drive 1: 200 GB -- Ubuntu 13.04, just isn't cutting it for me.
Luxx
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Return to Archive