Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 3.5.X Testing and installation

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

Ultimate Edition 3.5.X Testing and installation

Postby MaverickWolfe » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:10 pm

First, this is not my first time on the forums, so I am no noob to what goes on here, I was here and was posting before the first issues with the servers and the hackers in 2009 and 2010. I also must say I am a DJ and a hardcore Gamer as well as Technician, So my needs are very high to run my system as I do. Please do not flame me for running an OS that fits my primary needs along side one that fits my backup needs. My configuration itself is listed in my sig but I will highlight the key facts below:
C:=1TB Seagate 32mb cache Windows Drive,
"D:"=320gb Ultimate Edition Install drive (this drive stopped being seen by windows after a rebuild so it does not show up.)
Right now I am Virtual boxing Ultimate Edition 3.5 in windows, because of my needs as a gamer, DJ and Technician, my windows drive is setup as my primary boot and I'm running Ultimate Edition as my backup OS for emergency purpouses. Here's my delima If I reformat I'm not going to be able to boot with Lilo, and may loose access to the drive. I need a little bit of help with this because I am not wanting to loose anything. I also lost my internet usage on the version of Ultimate Edition I'm running on the HD due to said above problem with the hardware rebuild, so I Can't just download Copy and send stuff to the cloud. what I need to know is what people think the best course of action is to go through with my Reformaat and re-install of my Pimary OS and then try to save my Ultimate Edition install by hopefully just re-installing the boot loader.
Case:CoolerMaster HAF932
Power Supply:TT850W
Motherboard: MSI 990FXA-GD80V1
CPU: Phenom II 1090T X6
Cooler:CM V10 Hybrid TEC
RAM: Gskill DDR3 1600 CL7
HD: C:\=1TB seagate 32mb Cache 7200RPM "D:/" Ultimate Edition Drive ~320GB(Make=N/A)
DVD:LG Super Multi 16x CDRW
MaverickWolfe
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other O/S

Re: Ultimate Edition 3.5.X Testing and installation

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:38 pm

What is your primary OS? What are you reformatting?

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:40 pm

Like..say you want Windows as Primary on Sata A, You should be able to reformat the Secondary Drive, sata B, install to Sata B, and the install should pick up Windows at Boot with grub 2.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:42 pm

As for wherever your priorities lie, I wouldn't use Ultimate Edition 3.5, probably something more along the lines of Artist X, or a simplified Ultimate Edition with One environment like 3.4 Lite.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby MaverickWolfe » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:20 pm

Thanks for the quick response, My primary OS is win7 Ultimate, I LOVE Ultimate Edition and prefer it over any other distro I've used. ArtistX doesn't have any software compatible with my Numark Total Control, and it won't let me stream. Ultimate Edition is Simply my alternative when I want to get away from windows, am having a problem with something on the desktop or just about anything else. I have to reformat the windows Drive first and foremost when I get back from going out. Need to go get some picks for playing guitar, and Laundry soap, maybe some dinner too.
HD: C:\=1TB seagate 32mb Cache 7200RPM "D:/" Ultimate Edition Drive ~320GB(Make=N/A)
MaverickWolfe
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby MaverickWolfe » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:14 am

Ok so Now My goal is to Get Ultimate Edition back up and running I've reformatted my drive, installed windows on the TB HD and now am Ready to "repair" or Reinstall Ultimate Edition. Is there any help out there on Reinsertion of LiLO into the boot mix? my Linux HD is still not being seen by Windows, I've checked the drive and it's split into 2 partitions one large volume and another that's 12+GB Drive manager refuses to allow me to assign them drive letters to see them. so obviously windows doesn't like the way that array is setup, doesn't matter much as from linux I know it will let me see the big drive. and transfer needed files to that drive from Linux. now, the biggest choice is what Ultimate Edition should one Go with, 3.5 or 3.5.1? It's an interesting choice to try to make.
MaverickWolfe
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby sunnyx86 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:06 am

Ultimate Edition is for people with no internet connection to download lots of available software in Ubuntu and beautifully tuned with lots of customization abilities. I discovered Ultimate Edition all by myself by trial and error, by just typing Ultimate edition in Google though I never heard about it in 2008, and big surprise it took me to Ultimate Dtition website!
sunnyx86
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby tanmay.01 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:21 am

MaverickWolfe wrote:Ok so Now My goal is to Get Ultimate Edition back up and running I've reformatted my drive, installed windows on the TB HD and now am Ready to "repair" or Reinstall Ultimate Edition. Is there any help out there on Reinsertion of LiLO into the boot mix? my Linux HD is still not being seen by Windows, I've checked the drive and it's split into 2 partitions one large volume and another that's 12+GB Drive manager refuses to allow me to assign them drive letters to see them. so obviously windows doesn't like the way that array is setup, doesn't matter much as from linux I know it will let me see the big drive. and transfer needed files to that drive from Linux. now, the biggest choice is what Ultimate Edition should one Go with, 3.5 or 3.5.1? It's an interesting choice to try to make.

It seems you have two different HDD's, if so you can choose at boot time which HDD to boot.
HP ENVY 15
•3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TheeMahn) i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
• 1GB Radeon(TheeMahn) HD 7750M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI]
• 6GB 1600DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
• Intel 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN + Bluetooth(R)
• Full-size Radiance backlit keyboard.

tanmay.01

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby MaverickWolfe » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:59 am

tanmay.01 wrote:
MaverickWolfe wrote:Ok so Now My goal is to Get Ultimate Edition back up and running I've reformatted my drive, installed windows on the TB HD and now am Ready to "repair" or Reinstall Ultimate Edition. Is there any help out there on Reinsertion of LiLO into the boot mix? my Linux HD is still not being seen by Windows, I've checked the drive and it's split into 2 partitions one large volume and another that's 12+GB Drive manager refuses to allow me to assign them drive letters to see them. so obviously windows doesn't like the way that array is setup, doesn't matter much as from linux I know it will let me see the big drive. and transfer needed files to that drive from Linux. now, the biggest choice is what Ultimate Edition should one Go with, 3.5 or 3.5.1? It's an interesting choice to try to make.

It seems you have two different HDD's, if so you can choose at boot time which HDD to boot.

My problem here is it's a PITA to hit F11 every bloody time I want to boot into Linux... so I'll have to boot into it and reformat if I can't slide Lilo into the mix like I need/want to. It's getting the damn thing setup like I need it to be again which is going to be the biggest problem.
MaverickWolfe
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:03 pm

I wish I could help more on this but I am unfamiliar with Lilo. I am familiar with Gparted and Grub however.

So for this setup, you have you r Windows already installed.

Since you are going to reinstall Ultimate, I would back everything up on the HDD you are going to install to and reformat the entire drive with palimpset..Disc Utility..

Then I would go into Gparted..so since you are going to use the entire secondary HDD, I would set it up like this individually to keep my home clear so i could reinstall over root..so if your drive is 320 it would look like this..

Swap..5gb(You can really go lower on this but ehh..5)
Root(/)20gb
Home(/home)295

Now when you go to install your disk..so assuming your Drive with windows will be sda, your second drive will be sdb and look somewhat like this when you are done

gpartedederrrr.png

Now when you go to install, choose manual, set your install to / (sdb2) and then assign it /home (sdb3)...

If ...sorry...when..it all goes wrong..you can then reinstall over root and then assign it home, but DO NOT REFORMAT /home..in this way you can reinstall and keep your configurations and data(which you ideally in an ideal world would have backed up either way).

Grub should pick up your Windows install. However, you are asking about Lilo..and I know nothing of Lilo since I haven't found a single use for it yet. Grub 2, for me anyways..is perfectly capable of running like..12 different operating systems across 6 Drives, so as far as I know Lilo is a Disney character...

For the incaseshiphappenns factor, you should probably get a copy of Rescatux w/SuperGrub 2
http://www.supergrubdisk.org/rescatux/

With this, if something goes wrong you can always reinstall grub to MBR, but I generally do fine with installing Grub to disc.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Return to Archive