Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Another DE issue

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

Re: Another DE issue

Postby billhedrick » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:32 pm

not so thrilled with 3.5, KDE is solid, the others not so much... 3.4.1 is the bomb tho, MATE is a decent Gnome 2.X replacement
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Another DE issue

Postby Lynwood » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:47 pm

Xanayoshi,

Re. pwds on Live CDs/DVDs, I haven't used that many, just the upgrade versions of Ubuntu, Mint, and Ultimate Edition, and then only for the last year. Before that, I have used the Live CDs of Ubuntu and Mint. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember seeing a sign-in screen to use them in Live form.

I'm not enamored of Cinnamon, yet, either. But I thought I'd include it long enough to compare it with Mate and Gnome Classic 2D to see which I prefer. I really will have to learn about them, however, to see their differences and where they're going re. the general direction of DEs.

Looks like 3.5.1 will be the version I'll prefer; I would like to have Mate as one of my options.

I'm not sure that there is a Compiz-enabled Cinnamon. I inferred that from the fact that the download comes with a 2D version. To me, that implies that the regular one is Compiz enabled, or something equivalent.

Thanks for the alert re. changing Mate's default display manager (?) from compiz to Matacity. I'm sure that, if I learn how to do that, I will do it. I'd prefer to keep my displays simple.
Lynwood
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition KDE4

Previous

Return to Archive