Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

PS2 emulation??

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

PS2 emulation??

Postby Tool » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:16 pm

Ok, first I'll start out by saying I really know nothing of this subject and just learned how to do Game Boy Advance roms on Android. Now, with that said, I found a emulator for Linux for PS2 at PCSX2 forums. They only have a 32 bit, but said you can install dependencies for the 32 bit to make it run. They are saying though for Ubuntu only certain versions of precise? Can this work on my OS? Additionally, if anyone has another source or know how of how to do this, I would be grateful. Not sure either if my specs are up to it. 3.00GHz dual core Pentium D, 3GB DDR2 and a geforce 210 silent with 1GB. Thanks. :D
HP m7277c PC, 3GB DDR2 RAM, 3.00GHz dual core Pentium D
Geforce 210 Silent Graphics card w/1GB
2x300 GB SATA HDD's (No RAID) LG & HP DVD burners

HP Pavilion dv4 Entertainment PC (Laptop)
2.10 dual core AMD Turion X2
ATI Radeon HD 3200, DVD Burner, Wifi, Bluetooth
QL Touch controls, Altec Lansing onboard speakers

Rooted LG Motion 4G, 1.5GHz dual core
1GB RAM, 8GB ROM

MetroPCS ZTE Z730 Concord 2
Tool
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: PS2 emulation??

Postby ryanvade » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:59 pm

I really don't think your system is up to the task. But:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2021581

Laptop: HP dv6t-7000 CTO Desktop: Compaq Presario SR21632wm
i5 2450m Pentium D 960 @ 4 GHz
6 GB ram 2 GB ram
Intel HD 3000 Graphics / Nvidia GT 630M Nvidia GT 520 @ 820 MHz
Diamond II-B 3.10-rc4/Windows 7 Home Premium KDE | Windows 7 Starter/Arch Linux

Paid supporter of the Linux Foundation
ryanvade

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby pam » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:06 am

Last year i wasted 3 months trying to install the plugins and and making PCSX2(64 bit version) to recognize them.
Nothing happened.
The plugins themselves are 32 bit...as i see it. All the claims on the forums and net point out that there are no problems with running a 32 bit version of pcsx2 on linux(ubuntu etc), though i have not tried it. On the other hand the 64 bit version works fine on win7.

Dont know how the state of pcsx2 is now. Try and see if the plugins work for the 64 bit version pcsx2..
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby Tool » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:58 am

pam wrote:Last year i wasted 3 months trying to install the plugins and and making PCSX2(64 bit version) to recognize them.
Nothing happened.
The plugins themselves are 32 bit...as i see it. All the claims on the forums and net point out that there are no problems with running a 32 bit version of pcsx2 on linux(ubuntu etc), though i have not tried it. On the other hand the 64 bit version works fine on win7.

Dont know how the state of pcsx2 is now. Try and see if the plugins work for the 64 bit version pcsx2..

Well, I got the program to start and chose the bios, but it won't let me choose the rom I have downloaded. I gotta play with it and see if I can figure it out. I tried to install a N64 emulator also, but not sure what to do with it. Mupen64 and it's a tar.gz file. I tried through the terminal and it starts, but sits in limbo without downloading. I'm gonna install the Ubuntu software center to try and find the emulator. I have synaptic and Lubuntu, but searches haven't turned up results. It always wants exact names and I don't know what they would be called

1GB RAM, 8GB ROM

Tool
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:49 pm

Well there's your problem, you need an image :p

Ok, so what do you want to do..Mupen or Pcsx?

I don't know if pcsx2 will be worth all the trouble..once you get there it is almost guaranteed to go sooooooooo sloooooooooow.

GBA alone should take up several years of your time, of course you can do snes, neogeo, mame, nes, genesis, gen 32..on and on and on.

On your phone..you can do all this too. You can run Final Fantasy 7 on an OG Droid all day.

Let's not forget about abandonware...that is also an extremely large source for games.

Could skip all that, and get Puppy Arcade 10..all set up..also there is an Ultimate Edition Gamers, that still has support....32 bit.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Tool » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Xanayoshi wrote:Well there's your problem, you need an image :p

Ok, so what do you want to do..Mupen or Pcsx?

I don't know if pcsx2 will be worth all the trouble..once you get there it is almost guaranteed to go sooooooooo sloooooooooow.

GBA alone should take up several years of your time, of course you can do snes, neogeo, mame, nes, genesis, gen 32..on and on and on.

On your phone..you can do all this too. You can run Final Fantasy 7 on an OG Droid all day.

Let's not forget about abandonware...that is also an extremely large source for games.

Could skip all that, and get Puppy Arcade 10..all set up..also there is an Ultimate Edition Gamers, that still has support....32 bit.

I have abandoned the PCSX2. I would like to do the Mupen64. Can't figure it out though. I tried installing through the terminal and it forever hangs on the "waiting for headers" at 0% I installed the Ubuntu software center, but it isn't really working. Won't download packages. My other software centers are still working, but I can't find the packages. :( I have the NES, SNES and GBA installed and working no problems. My phone too, I just have a small screen on my phone. I also have Mupen on my phone and working good, but very hard to play with the small screen. I like it on PC as I have a Logitech dual shock PS2 style controller that makes it easier and funner to play. Hmmm, Puppy Arcade huh? I'll look into it. I love Ultimate Edition so much though that I don't wanna switch or dual boot if I don't have to. :D I might also look into the Sega Saturn and Dreamcast emulators as I see them avail in the software centers

1GB RAM, 8GB ROM

Tool
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:39 pm

I'm having issues getting the GUI running but basically,

Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install mupen64plus

Then navigate to you ROM..which will be a .z64 file and open it with mupen64plus..which will be located in usr/games. Often ROMS have crazy file names, it is best to keep it simple and connected, so if you get a jy872-Crackhead 64 The Adventure Continues..z64, rename it.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Tool » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Xanayoshi wrote:I'm having issues getting the GUI running but basically,

Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install mupen64plus

Then navigate to you ROM..which will be a .z64 file and open it with mupen64plus..which will be located in usr/games. Often ROMS have crazy file names, it is best to keep it simple and connected, so if you get a jy872-Crackhead 64 The Adventure Continues..z64, rename it.

Haha. Awesome. It installed that time in the terminal. I've tried about 10 times. Ya, that was exactly what I was putting in too. Gonna see if I can get it working now. Already have some roms. SNES says bad rom on every file. Hmmm. All the NES ones (about 50 :D) only 3 were bad. Probably had viruses for Windows.

EDIT: Ok, although it installed in terminal, where is it? I can't find it. I can only find the previous files in file manager that I downloaded before such as the mupen64.tar.gz

1GB RAM, 8GB ROM

Tool
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Hmmm..so no GUI still, IDK, there seem to be issues with 12.04 Kubuntu and CuteMupen, but this can be avoided in 3.5 quite easily, change to another environment like xfce or lxde. Still you have to set it up. There is also MESS which runs everything..that's a whole lot more set-up.

To load the game

Open Dolphin

Navigate to your ROM. Right Click and choose "Open With"

On the Menu that pops up, click on the file icon to open your directory

Navigate to /usr/games/mupen64plus, and click on it.

Press Ok

mupen1.png

Here are the Keys

http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/wiki/KeyboardSetup

I still think it's easier to do these with Puppy. It doesn't install on your hard drive, you can put it on USB. or like I have been doing, a Micro SD. I have not been using Puppy Arcade 10, although I do have it on Disc, since you can just as easily go to Puppy Arcade, and get the .pet. I think I am going to install Ultimate Edition Gamers again, I'm pretty sure all of this is set up.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Tool » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:47 pm

Xanayoshi wrote:Hmmm..so no GUI still, IDK, there seem to be issues with 12.04 Kubuntu and CuteMupen, but this can be avoided in 3.5 quite easily, change to another environment like xfce or lxde. Still you have to set it up. There is also MESS which runs everything..that's a whole lot more set-up.

To load the game

Open Dolphin

Navigate to your ROM. Right Click and choose "Open With"

On the Menu that pops up, click on the file icon to open your directory

Navigate to /usr/games/mupen64plus, and click on it.

Press Ok

mupen1.png

Here are the Keys

http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/wiki/KeyboardSetup

I still think it's easier to do these with Puppy. It doesn't install on your hard drive, you can put it on USB. or like I have been doing, a Micro SD. I have not been using Puppy Arcade 10, although I do have it on Disc, since you can just as easily go to Puppy Arcade, and get the .pet. I think I am going to install Ultimate Edition Gamers again, I'm pretty sure all of this is set up.

Alright, thanks. I'll probably have it running by tomorrow with any luck

1GB RAM, 8GB ROM

Tool
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Next

Return to Archive