Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Work in Ultimate Edition 3.4.1 Lite...

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

Work in Ultimate Edition 3.4.1 Lite...

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:17 am

I must first apologise for the great delays in release of Ultimate Edition 3.4.1 Lite, not that it has not been rigorously tested those that are donors will appriciate this post. Speaking of which sould be 166 downloads based on one download per donor and is currently sitting at 640 downloads. Hmm, numbers are not adding up here, no I have not reviewed the logs.

I have recently went on vacation in Hocking Hills. A part of the delay. Prior to going on vacation Poweruser2600 and I hashed out a few of the issues:
05/23/2013: Poweruser2600 and I have hashed out the issues and delays in releasing Ultimate Edition Lite 3.4.1. a few untolerable issues to him was that one can not change the theme, well once installed delete in your home folder .gconf, .mateconf, and .mateconfd folders and reboot most issues melt away. Now, my job to integrade / find where such issues began is in my lap. Preserverience tells me that it is indeed a permission issue accociated with one of those folders. My fault? Perhaps, highly unlikely. I will perservere. I love my job, I sure hope it is issues I have to fix that is my fault.

I went on vacation, he obviously did not and had a fix for pretty much all issues when I returned. Allow me to share how to circumvent probably 99% of all problems plauging users of Ultimate Edition 3.4.1 Lite. Why have I not done so and unloaded it to the public? Do not for one minute think I have not tried from multiple fronts, including starting completly over. The following info is based off a fresh install of Ultimate Edition 3.4.1 Lite. The above may or may not be necessary, this one is a given theme issues are a thing of the past:
Code: Select all
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://packages.mate-desktop.org/repo/ubuntu $(lsb_release -cs) main"
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://repo.mate-desktop.org/ubuntu $(lsb_release -cs) main"
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://mirror1.mate-desktop.org/ubuntu $(lsb_release -cs) main"
sudo apt-get upgrade

The screensaver not working right, thanks mate? Let's now resolve this issue:
sudo apt-get remove --purge mate-screensaver
sudo apt-get install xscreensaver
#should not be necessary, but was here --purge means all traces evidently mate feels they are special ;)
sudo rm /etc/xdg/autostart/mate-screensaver.desktop

Mate evidently thinks they are so special they need a new category:
theemahn@JackHammer:~/Videos$ repostorm --build caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386
Code for multi-builds to achieve perfection will enter here.

=============================================
Beginning build of caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386
=============================================

Relaxing permissions of caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386
Cleaning up any tmp or backup files.
Setting individual file permissions to 644.
No /etc/ so need to build conffiles.
Scanning for executables in caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386 Stage 1.
Scanning for executables in caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386 Stage 2.
caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386/usr/bin/caja-file-management-properties: application/x-executable; charset=binary
caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386/usr/bin/caja: application/x-executable; charset=binary
caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386/usr/bin/caja-connect-server: application/x-executable; charset=binary
caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386/usr/bin/caja-autorun-software: application/x-executable; charset=binary
Calculating Installed size & inserting into control file if necessary.
caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386 is 4520. Control file reporting: 4520
Size indicated in control file is correct.
Calculating MD5SUMS in caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386
Setting ownership to root in caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386
Setting individual folder permissions to 755.
Setting permissions rights for control etc.
Building of caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386
dpkg-deb: building package `caja:i386' in `caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386.deb'.
Lintian resulting package caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386.deb.
Processing Error logs for caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386.deb.errors.
Warning: W: caja: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/caja-autorun-software Logged to all_warnings.txt.
Warning: W: caja: desktop-entry-invalid-category MATE usr/share/applications/caja-browser.desktop Logged to all_warnings.txt.
Warning: W: caja: desktop-entry-invalid-category MATE usr/share/applications/caja-computer.desktop Logged to all_warnings.txt.
Warning: W: caja: desktop-entry-lacks-main-category usr/share/applications/caja-computer.desktop Logged to all_warnings.txt.
Warning: W: caja: desktop-entry-invalid-category MATE usr/share/applications/caja-file-management-properties.desktop Logged to all_warnings.txt.
Warning: W: caja: desktop-entry-invalid-category MATE usr/share/applications/caja-home.desktop Logged to all_warnings.txt.
Warning: W: caja: desktop-entry-lacks-main-category usr/share/applications/caja-home.desktop Logged to all_warnings.txt.
Warning: W: caja: desktop-entry-lacks-main-category usr/share/applications/mate-network-scheme.desktop Logged to all_warnings.txt.
Build results of caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386.deb
W: caja: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/caja-autorun-software
W: caja: desktop-entry-invalid-category MATE usr/share/applications/caja-browser.desktop
W: caja: desktop-entry-invalid-category MATE usr/share/applications/caja-computer.desktop
W: caja: desktop-entry-lacks-main-category usr/share/applications/caja-computer.desktop
W: caja: desktop-entry-invalid-category MATE usr/share/applications/caja-file-management-properties.desktop
W: caja: desktop-entry-invalid-category MATE usr/share/applications/caja-home.desktop
W: caja: desktop-entry-lacks-main-category usr/share/applications/caja-home.desktop
W: caja: desktop-entry-lacks-main-category usr/share/applications/mate-network-scheme.desktop
Error(s): 0 | Warning(s): 8 | Info: 0 has been recorded.
"nano caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386.deb.errors" for more information or
"repostorm -f caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386/" to autofix.
We have had 100% error warning free deb(s) built this session.
theemahn@JackHammer:~/Videos$

I have to rebuild thier software to get rid of it, they set dependancies on things that they should not do. I am begining to see Ubuntu do the same. Install lightdm a required is Gnome Desktop, hmm what if I wanted KDE, XFCE, MATE... Looks like a battle is about to take place. When the smoke settles I will be winner, winner chicken dinner. ;) Enough of perception, let's move on.

If you are like Poweruser2600 and love multiple screensavers drop the following extra (this is optional):
sudo apt-get install kscreensaver-xsavers cmatrix kscreensaver ktux ubuntustudio-screensaver xscreensaver-screensaver-webcollage flam3 xscreensaver-screensaver-bsod screensaver-default-images xloadimage electricsheep gnome-screensaver-flags xscreensaver-gl-extra kscreensaver-xsavers-extra rss-glx kcometen4 dizzy xscreensaver-data-extra

Lets set it hot:
sudo echo '[Desktop Entry]
Exec=xscreensaver -no-splash
Name=XScreenSaver
Type=Application
X-KDE-StartupNotify=false'  > /etc/xdg/autostart/xscreensaver.desktop

Reboot and enjoy close to perfection. I missed my rig when I left for vacation, condemplated dragging just a keyboard with me lol. Just a matter of time I will get it squashed. Did you know when I rebuilt it from the start a mini remix, was greeted with the same issues that plauge my building of Ultimate Edition 3.6, Ultimate Edition 3.7 & Ultimate Edition 3.8? This tells me without a doubt the networking issues I see are 100% Ubuntu related. That issue when gone, means I drop to the net a solid ton of releases in rapid succession. I won't bother to tell them how to fix it, why you may wonder? I eventually will explain why. Glad to be back on the Ultimate Edition wagon & sorry for the delay.

IGNORE THE BELOW I AM JUST FLAPPING MY GUMS
I do this on occasion most people overlook or don't understand what I refer to. Let's begin here, I seen software I wrote do something I have never seen do before:
dpkg-deb: building package `caja:i386' in `caja_2.0.1-1+precise_i386.deb'.

Do you see the :i386 there? I understand it is a 32 bit package the _i386.deb and in the control file indicate this factor. I have read they are introducing "Multi-arch" O/S, hmm shoving it on current users through dpkg? The impact that could have is huge & I am talking shutting down servers. For those that do not understand the impact... Well into 90% of the planet when you browse the Internet, the servers that spit you Facebook etc. are running Linux or derivatives there such of Unix etc. I would love to know who it is that makes such grand decisions, a few broken phalanges are in order.

Want to know what I really wonder? I have offered a job as a repository manager I bet 1000 times once understood the impact of an error job gone. I not only don't have the time, there is no better answer then a computer. Humans make mistakes, never a computer. I grant you perfection is what I seek in a single program. Can you imagine the impact it will have when it not only fixes other programs, but is smart enough to fix itself? Technological singularity. 90% done, any Fuzzy logic programmers in house!?! I can assure you closer then anyone of them think. I doubt I am around in 2030 & will be well in place prior to my departure.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Return to Archive