Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

cannot update or do upgrade

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

Re: cannot update or do upgrade

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:31 am

BarryVG wrote:Greetings,
The download of 3.4 was a couple days process, but no issues. Installed on 2 April to a SDHC 32gb chip and it is working well on my sandbox system. I did note a fewer apps than the previous edition. Will be checking it out for a couple more days before I make a decision on to load this to my Acer or move onto 3.5
Have a great day, it is snowing here.

Curious, are you referencing Ultimate Edition 3.4 lite or 3.4?

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BarryVG » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Greetings,
Issue resolved. Downloaded a fresh 3.4 and put that onto a new 64gb SDHC card. Also did this with 2.6.7. Both are running great on my Acer Aspire One netbook. Booting from the USB is no problem. Faster response with 35mb/s which I believe was the issue with the slower 32gb card.
Acer has an Atom N455 - 1,.66GHz - 512 kb cache - 2gb ram. Can access the internal hdd if needed for storage.
I like the flexibility of changing out my disks depending upon which version I want to run.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
BarryVG
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby BarryVG » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Hi,
I tried the 3.4 lite, but I did want the extra apps. So I got the full 3.4 and that is what I'm running now.

I was christened on Fedora, went through Mint, Debian, basic Ubuntu, and others, but I'm really sold on this OS family. I'm not a programmer, and what the folks have done to put this package together just boggles my mind. It has all I need.
BarryVG
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby BarryVG » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:58 am

Fixed it by getting the LTS version. No more issues. Consider this closeed
BarryVG
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Previous