Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Black Backgrounds in Ultimate Edition 3.4 (Solved)

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

Black Backgrounds in Ultimate Edition 3.4 (Solved)

Postby AMIGO » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:22 am

Hey, there, i am a little bit of a novice in using ubuntu, and i am having trouble with the black backgrounds in it, i tried to change the themes but still doesnt work, most of the bakgrounds are black, how do i change them? to my appropriate color of my choice?

my other question is, why did the developers put the darkness in to the whole system?

i will be glad if any one will suggest the solution.

thanks in advance.

kind regards,

A.T
AMIGO
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: BLACK BACKGROUNDS IN UTLIMATEEDION 3.4

Postby pch.shot » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:56 pm

Don't you think it's rather Goth(the dark theme)?
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby pch.shot » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:43 am

Am not a developer, but since I am on the computer all day and night, the dark and light textures are easier on the eyes. Theme installed on my system also contains color changes for words in Java. Since am studying Java in school is a total asset! Operating systems are humongous! Hours and hours are spent on scripts. Things we all take for granted, takes hours of work to make right!. If you are using Gnome, the best thing is to go to http://www.gnome-look.org . That is where I found the themes I enjoy. Remember there are two pieces that make up the looks on your desktop. You have the GTK theme and the Window theme. Is a little complicated still for me to explain, so am hoping you will head to the above site and check these themes out. This will help in your decision to pick what looks good to you! Personally, took me a good month to find exactly what I loved and worked the best! I had many themes before I settled into the present, which I have used since this past July when I started using Ultimate 3.4. Once you download the theme or theme's you want all you have to do is go into the terminal type sudo nautilus and you password. On the left side of the window that pops up click on file system on the bottom will see usr folder open it, next you will see share folder, open that and then scroll down to themes and open it. From your download folder you unzip your theme and then move the theme into the themes folder that is open. Right click for properties as have to change permissions. Under the Permissions tab you have to make sure Owner and Group are set to root. Under Owner which is set to Root folder access needs to be set to create and delete files. The next 2 permissons for group and others is just set to access files. Once that is all done can close nautilus-window and terminal window. Head to advanced system settings or ubuntu tweak to change to the theme you selected! Am hoping this helps as from all my experience with OS's is that the looks are a great percentage of what makes you appreciate the system! Just want to make sure you can enjoy this OS for all its greatness! If you need any more help will do my best to help.
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby AMIGO » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:43 am

thank you very much BBOSAK2143, your assistance gave me a kick on the back to deep in to the system, in now works relatively fine. thank you for your time and consideration.

kind regards,

A. T
AMIGO
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Never ever a problem and very happy I helped! Also take a look on gnome-look.org have been making some decent dark themes. Will say Black Beauty II is my all time favorite as I built it with consideration of eye strain. Have this thing about evening the tones of colors out and creating a theme that does not cause havoc with the system. Am still learning though and will keep making them and uploading when they are complete. Am trying for a Gnome 3.8 transparent, but thus far do not have enough consistency with it, so is taking time. Also finished another Gnome shell theme which is transparent and quite stunning. For Breakin Bad fans also am including a picture that takes the place of noise-texture. Fits in very well for background on the login! Had great luck on that one!!! Still have not successfully fixed the bottom notifications so is still system colors there. As I say am no pro, just like to learn to make themes that are nice! Take care and hope you will enjoy the way your desktop looks always! Is the greatest thing to enjoy how your desktop looks instead of dreading it!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Return to Archive