Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Were did they go

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

Were did they go

Postby chris47 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:17 am

I reinstalled UE3.3 on top of itself as I had issue after installing Win 7 I was not able to get back to Ultimate Edition 3.3. During installation I choose the option that would have saved all my files I have downloaded and saved.. But once I was back on the desktop guess what no files I had saved were there. So my question is were did they go.. I needed those files, but that is my fault as I should have copied them to a disk.. Another question, Lately I have been having issue with login on this site.. Everytime I'm here I have to relogin even after checking log in automatically.. Plus for some reason my password goes bad, and it no longer works.. So I have to end up requesting a new temporary password.. So I'm going to choose another password again to see if it will stick..
MB-ASUS Sabertooth FX 990 Rev 2.0
CPU- AMD FX 6200 X6 3.8Ghz Black Edition
RAM- 8Gig 2x4 Corsair XMS 3 1600 C9
Video-ASUS Nvidia GTX 550ti Fermi
HD Segate 2T 7400RPm
HD- WD Raptor 10,000 RPm 150Gig
Monitor-Asus 23.6
PSU- Antec Earth Watts 650
chris47
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.3 64 BIT

Re: Were did they go

Postby Micro » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:19 pm

Next time you reinstall i would like to suggest a different partitioning schema. My parted example simplified:
Drive 1--I set aside 14GB for / (20GB max), then the rest is /home
Drive 2 --then I create 1.5TB for /home/micro/Data
Drive 3 --then 3TB for /home/micro/Storage
This allows me to save whatever into Data and Storage and when it comes time to reinstall all my stuff is kept seperate. Some people choose to seperate /home for this purpose but /home contains more than just the folders you see. And when you reinstall its easiest to format this directory over.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Re: Were did they go

Postby Wolfman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:45 am

Hi,

when you reinstalled, did you select the "Something Else" option when asked; or did you select auto install "Along Windows", or maybe "Use Exisiting Partitions", had you selected the "Something Else" option, you can control which partitions get formatted and which don't.

Lets say that your root is sda8 and your home is sda9, you select sda8 with a "/" mount point and also select it for formatting, you home on sda9 has a mount point of "/home" but this time, you select the "/home" mount point but you don't select the partition for formatting and only your root gets formatted leaving your home folders with its content and config files intact.

see also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBCHsgry2RQ

Regards Wolfman :D
Packard Bell Easynote TK
4GB DDR3 Memory
AMD Athlon II X2 CPU P320
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 Bit
ZorinOS 6 Ultimate 64 Bit
PinguyOS 12.04 32 Bit
Windows 7
HP Compaq Presario