Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

windows/mac games

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

windows/mac games

Postby bigpappat » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:42 am

can i play any of my old windows based games with Ultimate Edition 3.4? From Diablo to Max Payne, Thank you for making this awesome OS for an old timer to relearn his roots with Linux. i took several college course on Linux programming language 9 years ago or better. i had a mini stroke in 2003 and everything's just gone. Needless to say i have a lot of work ahead of me and i hope some of my questions won't sound stupid to those who are still sharp and really know their stuuf. i respect you all highly. i'm like a kid in a candy store with this OS and i'm hoping to get off the little yellow bus soon. Thank you for all your hard work, wish i could had been a part of it. yeah, i'll shut up now
bigpappat
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: windows/mac games

Postby Moebius » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:18 pm

bigpappat wrote:can i play any of my old windows based games with Ultimate Edition 3.4? From Diablo to Max Payne, Thank you for making this awesome OS for an old timer to relearn his roots with Linux. i took several college course on Linux programming language 9 years ago or better. i had a mini stroke in 2003 and everything's just gone. Needless to say i have a lot of work ahead of me and i hope some of my questions won't sound stupid to those who are still sharp and really know their stuuf. i respect you all highly. i'm like a kid in a candy store with this OS and i'm hoping to get off the little yellow bus soon. Thank you for all your hard work, wish i could had been a part of it. yeah, i'll shut up now

Hi bigpappat.
I'm personally not an avid gamer but I can tell you that a lot of games will work - thanks to Wine. Best way to see if a specific game will work is to try it or alternatively, head over to winehq and have a search to see if others have had success with a particular title.
Link: http://appdb.winehq.org/
Thank you for all your hard work, wish i could had been a part of it.

Umm, you're here, so you are a part of it. ;) :D

Cheers. <BREW>
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Re: windows/mac games

Postby bigpappat » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:43 am

lol, part of the forums i may be, but writing code i'm so shaky on i can't even remember how to write a simple loop. lol. but i thank you for your vote of confidence in me. i'm not an avid gamer but i have 2-3 windows games and max payne was one of my favs. i thank you for the lnk to do some research. Have a great day aye.
big papa
bigpappat
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Archive