Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

HELP the DEV team make Ultimate Edition better

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

HELP Ultimate Edition dev team & pclinuxguru make Ultimate Edition better

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2012 4:33 pm

More is better bloated is fine with me
26%
Less is more hand pick the apps
10%
Lets toss in other desktop UI's (increased dev time)
9%
Lets stick with gnome classic as our UI
23%
ISO 3.5 Gb to 4 GB
23%
ISO 1.8 GB to 2.4 GB
8%
ISO 2 GB to 2.2 GB
1%

Total votes : 290

Re: HELP the DEV team make Ultimate Edition better

Postby pch.shot » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:42 am

Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby xiaotuanzi » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:39 pm

I am permanently stuck at 4 new messages and I can send out any PMs to others.
xiaotuanzi
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby tanmay.01 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:54 am

there was a poll recently in November 2011 that said 47% preferred unity over gnome shell 3(fallback is not at all good).
and i also saw admin amir's blog in which was a pic that had 5-6 options to choose on login screen for the session.
May be 3.2 has both gnome shell3 and unity .
One more point is that u can customize unity lens or have different types of lenses.
One more development is the elementaryos luna which has slingshot(don't remember exactly) with the sleek bar at top with global menu which can be used as a alternative to the unity lens. Its sort of unity gnome3 and mac.
HP ENVY 15
•3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TheeMahn) i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
• 1GB Radeon(TheeMahn) HD 7750M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI]
• 6GB 1600DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
• Intel 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN + Bluetooth(R)
• Full-size Radiance backlit keyboard.

tanmay.01

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby sonnynunag » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:41 am

I have never been tempted using Ubuntu until the Ultimate Edition came. I think going back to the crap O/S is a great mistake.

The sound preferences in my sound card doesn't reveal the soundcard "Audigy 2 Zs" sound blaster. Please add this issue to your concerns.

I really can't wait for the other updates to happen. Ultimate Edition is really ultimate and it's a MONSTER!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

More power and warm regards to the team.

sonny
sonnynunag
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby dougal » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:29 pm

Hope you get your sound issue sorted sonny. When I switch between Ultimate Edition and Win 7 at work (I have to use Win 7 unfortunately), Ultimate Edition is only for playing with... anyways, the sound control from Ultimate Edition is awesome compared with Win 7. They obviously ain't got the best out of the Windows driver for sound.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby win2linconvert » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:43 pm

I think you have shown pretty good decision making so far in the making of Ultimate Edition. I've been a Ultimate Edition user since version 1.8, and though every release hasn't been perfect, I can still say that they have all been worthy of the title Ultimate Edition. So far you've been right on the $. What I'm trying to say I guess is, trust your judgment when it comes to Ultimate Edition, I do. I only have two requests or suggestions if you will:

1. Use something other than Israel hating Clement Lefebvre's Mint.
and
2. Not being a programmer, I'm not sure of the difficulty of this request but, either configure one of the current DE to look and work similar to the Looking Glass 3D DE, or design a new DE exclusive to Ultimate Edition that looks and works similar to Looking Glass 3D. I know I have suggested using the Looking Glass 3D DE before and TheeMahnn said it wouldn't be possible due to the it being Java, at least I think that's what he said, but if it is possible to do something similar to LG3D as an alternative DE for Ultimate Edition I think it would really set Ultimate Edition even further apart from and certainly ahead of all other distros currently available. Even Mint. Ultimate Edition is the "Ultimate" edition and should be recognized as such.

The first request is a must for me to be able to continue using and recommending Ultimate Edition past version 2.6.x since I've determined not to use Mint or anything based off it due to Mr. Lefebvre's anti-Israeli position and the fact that he asked anyone who did not agree with his position on Israel to not use his distro. I like using Ultimate Edition, but not more than I like Israel. The second request is probably a bit too much to ask for, but I really do think it would cause a big to do in the Linux world and really attract a lot more attention to Ultimate Edition, which I'm guessing would be a good thing for Ultimate Edition as well as TheeMahnn, financially and otherwise. I hadn't thought of it until just now but, the WebOS DE looked pretty interesting too. That would be an interesting Gnome 2.x alternative too. Well I'm tired from suggesting all this work for you so I'll leave you alone for now. Thanks for Ultimate Edition and all the effort that goes into making it and making it available to all of us. Keep up the good work, I'll be praying for ya.

win2linconvert
win2linconvert
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Location: The Occupied & Oppressed (since 1865) Confederate States of America.
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.9 64 BIT

Postby synrgy87 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:05 pm

very political reasoning there, although i fail to see what relevance or how 1 individuals political views are related to an operating system. thats like saying im not going to drink that milkshake because the cow the mild came from was a communist....
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
8GB (2x4gb) Kingston HyperX DDR1600

160GB Hitachi deskstar(os and boot) 1TB deskstar(data) 1TB WD USB drive(backup+)
2x XFX ATI 5830 1024mb in crossfire
Saitek Eclipse keyboard + Saitek Cyborg V3 mouse + Thrustmaster T.Flight HotasX

Acer 23" HDTV/monitor + AOC 21"
Xigmatek Midgard Case.
multibooting all sorts + Ultimate Edition 3.5 / BlackOpal64 / windies 7 home premium 64bit
synrgy87
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby mikestorm » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:13 am

:bonjour Well, first of all I want to thank all of you who helped make this OS possible! <BREW>
I feel like I'm finally home as far as OS is concerned! I'll find ways to show I'm thankfull!
Now I would say as far as I'm concerned, Ultimate Edition 3.4 is 90% perfect and the only thing I could want more is vocal recognition. To be able to dictate (got problems typing) or put on a tape I dictated and just correct what needs to be, would be a huge step.:th_wow3Then you might have to rethink the name to even more than ultimate! Ha! :roll: :D

In the meantime I'll show off to all the poor MSsed-up people "th_smile_14_text I know with my cheap thinkpad and all I can do and how I can do it with Ultimate Edition 3.4! <BREW>

So again, many many thanks guys! Have a nice summer!

:th_summer_41
mikestorm
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:18 am

Just was curious about the voice recognition software. I haven't tried it since 2003!!! When I tried it back then on WIndoze all it seemed to never understand exactly what I was saying. Have been told I have a very clear and distinct voice, and sometimes told I should have been a radio announcer! So am curious if you used it back then and if it has improved? I know I gave up on it back then cause it seemed I was doing twice the amount of work!!! Agree 100% with you on how great this OS is! Have seen many and none have half the amount of developer programs!!! Could write a book how well these programs function together in one OS!!!! Just hope these Developers never ever stop!!!! As I am trying to learn as much about software and operating systems will really appreciate your response on the voice recognition software. Thanks. Bob
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:58 am

Thanks very much will give it a go this next week. Last few days on this semester been very harsh! Summer curriculum to fast! Really appreciate it as is one area haven't looked at in such a ridiculous amount of time! Take care and will get back to you soon and relay how it works. Bob
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

PreviousNext

Return to Archive