Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

HELP the DEV team make Ultimate Edition better

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

HELP Ultimate Edition dev team & pclinuxguru make Ultimate Edition better

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2012 4:33 pm

More is better bloated is fine with me
26%
Less is more hand pick the apps
10%
Lets toss in other desktop UI's (increased dev time)
9%
Lets stick with gnome classic as our UI
23%
ISO 3.5 Gb to 4 GB
23%
ISO 1.8 GB to 2.4 GB
8%
ISO 2 GB to 2.2 GB
1%

Total votes : 290

Re: HELP the DEV team make Ultimate Edition better

Postby dellboy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:47 pm

I have only been useing this Ultimate edition 3.4 for about 5 months and I like it very much, I cannot wait for the 3.5 version it looks great thanks to all hew did it,
make it as big as you like the more the better, :D I have been useing linux mint for about 2 years, I only new about this Ultimate edition from a friend and he was right it is one nice o/s.
Even my epson stylus photo PX710W works great, roll on the end of the month when this Ultimate edition 3.5 come's out. I am a very happy person,
dellboy
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

just another edit

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:37 pm

Edited
Last edited by Xanayoshi on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby DeeDon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:10 pm

The absolute ultimate art form in the world, is "netsuke".. a Japanese ancient art-form, generally utilizing bone or ivory as it base medium..
A netsuke is a finely carved and engraved life scene, that tells a clear clean tiny story about only one facet of a story theme.. I.E.: "a tiny intricate ivory-carving of an ancient Oriental peasant farmer lovingly holding/examining a tiny bug peering out of a grain of corn from an ear of corn of the farmer's garden, whilst a waterwheel turns in a creek near his immaculate grass roof hut...
The focus of the piece pulls you into wondering about the happy little bug the farmer is looking at.. "Netsuke"... All netsuke's are happy.. Essentially a netsuke piece is parallel to the western culture's "pocket worry-stone".. It's owner studies his prize pocket netsuke when he or she needs a little happiness refocus boost.. but now days netsukes are generally considered to be too valuable museum pieces to be carried around in pockets.. Seems humanity has lost the true function and value of the netsuke.. Maybe this is the first step taken, in estalishing the netsuke in our modern cultures..? We do so need it...

I told you that so I could tell you this: In topic of this thread: To make Ultimate Edition even better: utilize "netsukish themeing" in designing new desktop features.. It'll make you and the DEV team so proud you'll feel like "bursting".. It'll make the OS feel like it's actually a crucial integral facet of the life and living of the user...
DeeDon
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby DeeDon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:37 pm

http://urlybits.com/2012/03/man-and-tig ... ing-a-hug/

This pix illustrates, in your emotions, how netsuke works.. Essentially this is a "netsuke pix".. The first time I saw this pix I had tears on my face, but then I have a strange feel for the big cats, after meeting three friendly west coast cougars on separate occasions in the bush face to face.. In one cougar confrontation, I spoke in my best voice, "Walk with me your majesty", and the wild cougar kept pace with me beside me ten-feet to my right..

Feel what I mean by "netsuke" by making this pix a desktop background image, and/or by making it a FocusWriter background.. FocusWriter is prime for writing a letter to someone special.. User makes that person's pix be the background.. It makes composing so much more efficient exciting emotional and productive...
FocusWriter is crucial for politicians and business people and such, writing out their thoughts on the screen over a pix.. User simply makes the subject be the background.. In some instances, it might be highly advantageous for the Ultimate Edition DEV Team members to work out nagging software problems in a FocusWriter window, with the problem as background..? FocusWriter helps you focus at your peak.. FocusWriter helps make "writer's rolls" click in...

I have a bit of a sympathetic-feel for the DEV team's stresses in trying to solve things:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 5&t=398017
DeeDon
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby vicodincat » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:40 pm

I just have to say, I have been a Microsoft sheeple since I was 5yrs old, never learned linux until last year when I stumbled upon Ultimate edition 3.2, LOVED IT!, I have a pretty fast computer and that MS bloated windows makes the power of the computer useless.. As for Ultimate Edition being "bloated", I just have one thing to say, BLOAT IT UP! I love the fact it has literally EVERYTHING and all the desktop choices, and everything installed, still a million times faster than any MS junk, does pretty much everything just as good if not better than MS. Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU to all the developers and geniuses behind Ultimate Edition! I do have one thing though, can you have emerald theme manager installed automatically when you install, and you can choose to use it or not?? Love all the graphical eyecandy especially the fire/burn thing. Keep up the awesomeness, and much love and respect to everyone behind Ultimate Edition! I am now forever a Ultimate Edition user.
HP-Compaq CQ-57 489WM
1.30GHZ AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics × 2
5.4 GiB DDR3 RAM
Release Ubuntu 12.04 (precise)
Kernel 3.8.8-030808-generic
GNOME 3.4.2
GCC version 4.7 (x86_64-linux-gnu)
Xorg version 1.11.3 (11 April 2013 01:05:39PM)

*ASK12B1*
*If it is to be, it's up to me.*
*We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.*

vicodincat

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby davehexter » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:26 pm

I have been using Linux for three years now.Ubuntu was my OS of choice.Have been using Ultimate Edition 3.2 almost two years now.Have used Ultimate Edition 3.5 a bit.I am currently using
an HP XW4400 upgraded work station.I want to help the Ultimate Edition team.I love computers and OSes.Have built two rigs.I also have an assortment of computers old and new.
I want to contribute to the community.My way of saying thanks for the amazing work that is being done.I love linux and Ultimate Edition.
davehexter
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby smeterlink » Tue May 07, 2013 6:45 am

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but i coundt find another placeto ask why i always have 4 messages in my nbox but nothing is there.

Is that means someone has emailed me & then cancelled it? :?
smeterlink

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue May 07, 2013 10:22 am

Hmm..idk..pmail me and delete it.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue May 07, 2013 7:15 pm

This message has been removed by its author before it was delivered.

is what you would see.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Ultra Cronic » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:27 am

I just installed Ultima 3.5 And have concluded the developers know how to setup and "make" "make install' and compile kernels better then I that's for sure. Some comments out in LaLa land acuse of "Bloated" OS's but they are the same ones complaining they couldn't get things to work doing it them selves? Duhhh!!!. Look this is the first time I have actually seen Cinelerra work , out of the box!! Proof is in the results , A loaded system is better because experienced developers are the ones that setup your programs aleaveating P.E.B.K.A.C. during the "make" "compile" ender user screwups. Then chasing dependancies and fiddling with codec repositories, they should be called suppositories, Good job guys, This OS handles my MTS files straight out of my camera into Cinelerra [after demuxing sound track of course]. And why does AVIDEMUX run so much better on Ultima Edition 3.5? I wish It worked as well in Windows 7 but the MTS files choke it to the grave. I have been running 32 bit versions of Ubuntu 12.04 and older. This is the first 64 bit version I have tried, the Disk partitioning required my 15 years experience in Networking to get thruogh. The setup/live dvd did not want to install to system disk c with out loading up live first then of course setup shot errors about no file system set for boot loader and offered no artificial intelligence to auto setup partitions and install. Ya I figured it out adventually but after that what a treat, I cut the drive space in half and took my partition image with win7 on it, dumped to the second partition and the boot loader that comes with Ultimate Edition 3.5 handled it like a charm, fired up win7 at boot time so I can deal with Government EDU websites and forms, CAMS and such, but flip back to Ultimate Edition most of the time.

In My Opinion , Bloat setup disks are great, STUFF that bad boy as much as you can guys, because your setup skills are far better then mine. OHhhh!! to NOT have to chase dependancies and codec bombs to get my video editors to work.
Ultra Cronic
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Archive