Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.9 Already?

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

Ultimate Edition 2.9 Logo

#1 - Ultimate Edition 2.9 Dark
15%
#2 - Ultimate Edition 2.9 Flat Face
4%
#3 - Ultimate Edition 2.9 Deep sunk
20%
#4 - Ultimate Edition Rounded grey & purple.
43%
#5 - Ultimate Edition 2.9 Gold
18%

Total votes : 103

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.9 Already?

Postby ethos » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:51 am

I just got myself a new comp (a dl360g6) and it came with server 2008 appearently i missed the whole oobe because i had a password protected system on startup so i installed win 7 ultimate via usb flash 32 bit tho and it sucks on this comp i need 64 bit for sure. So pclos is not an option,elive hell no and ill pass on saybayon too so that left me with ubuntu. so here i am and i cant find the link for 2.6.1 64 bit. unless you think that anothe version of Ultimate Edition will better suit my needs can i have the link and your recomendations please. thanks
Intel® Xeon® Processor E5530 (2.40 GHz, 8MB L3 Cache, 80 Watts, DDR3-1066, HT Turbo 1/1/2/2)quad core
6GB (3 x 2GB) PC3-10600R (DDR3-1333)
HP Smart Array P410i/Zero Memory Controller (RAID 0/1/1+0)
2x 146GB 6G 15k rpm, SFF SAS 2.5 Raid 0
nVidia GeForce GT218 1GB GDDR3 PCI-E
ethos
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Postby JOHNNYG » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:16 am

Hello and welcome ethos ! <BREW> Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 has not been released as yet due to nvidia issues! May I suggest if you are not running an nvidia graphics card Ultimate Edition 2.8 if you are running an nvidia graphics card Ultimate Edition 2.7 may work better for you, I don't know your level of experience, but if you feel you can install the drivers and you are running nvidia then U E 2.8, all of the download links can be found on the home page, mid.right side!
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby extremejosh » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:18 am

TheeMahn wrote:
PietroTux88 wrote:when is be ready for download 2.9 ?

It will be quite sometime, I just released Ultimate Edition 2.8 Gamers yesterday (downloaded over 3000 times in less then 24 hrs). I have Ultimate Edition 2.8 Lite sitting on the server being tested. I am going to wait for the traffic to die off and release lite. I do have 2.6.1 also sitting on the server & I am torn weather to release it or not. Peoples mileage vary, mainly based on video. I am currently running what will be Ultimate Edition 2.9 of course everything is subject to change at this point:
wip.png

The logo whichever wins the poll at the time I goto do the final build will be the splash and cube caps, the theme I have 3 I am working on. I do love Cowboys "winging it" wallpaper with the Blue deck theme, I have written an emerald theme, that I have came to love. The Icons I am not to happy with currently phatched Ultimate Edition 2.6 Icon set, but I am sure I will get things worked out.

On the KDE & XFCE side there is much work to do, and plenty for me to learn. The LXDE side I have learned everything necessary by building the Lite edition. The more time I spend perfecting the O/S the better I assure you. Please be patient with me, good things come to those that wait. Ultimate Edition 2.9 currently has everything including the kitchen sink.

I think you should definitely release 2.6.1 soon just my opinion though
extremejosh
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Ultimate Edition 2.6.1

Postby win2linconvert » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:09 pm

I agree that Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 would be a good release. I installed it on an old box with a 1.1GHz PIII, 512MB SD Ram, and a Matrox G400 (G4+ MILA) video card, and it is running pretty smooth. Thanks TheeMahn and all the Ultimate Edition team. Take a day off, you've earned it.

win2linconvert
win2linconvert
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Location: The Occupied & Oppressed (since 1865) Confederate States of America.
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.9 64 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.6.1

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:05 am

win2linconvert wrote:I agree that Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 would be a good release. I installed it on an old box with a 1.1GHz PIII, 512MB SD Ram, and a Matrox G400 (G4+ MILA) video card, and it is running pretty smooth. Thanks TheeMahn and all the Ultimate Edition team. Take a day off, you've earned it.

win2linconvert

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for what doing anything below may cause to happen to your computer :)

I have since re-built Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 and is straight off the hook running it now & absolutely love it (will be my main O/S at least until I drop 3.0). Found a smart fella that taught me how to strip old kernels from a chroot environment, yes I too still learn. All in one line, please do not do so unless you only want one kernel & your latest at that, I am trying to spread the knowledge in case someone is interested (please do not run this):
Code: Select all
dpkg -l 'linux-*' | sed '/^ii/!d;/'"$(uname -r | sed "s/\(.*\)-\([^0-9]\+\)/\1/")"'/d;s/^[^ ]* [^ ]* \([^ ]*\).*/\1/;/[0-9]/!d' | xargs -p sudo apt-get -y purge

Wow, is what I said. The guy probably spent some serious time there piping and testing. I have seen scripts that do so, but none are a single line. Hat's off to the fella. Today I downloaded the entire repository from "main" and ran my repomaster on it, I see we have a broken package on board. I intend to not only fix, but update. I have written a deb to auto add mains repo and snatch the gpg key (also not released yet). This is going to be a large undertaking, uploading 20GB of info is going to suck. If I can get away with ssh'ing in and wget grabbing files server to server xfer I will be on it. 11MB a sec is better then my 60kbps.

I have neglected the repository for some time and intend to help out the end user with many new packages as well as updating old ones. I have re-wrote every Ultimate Edition theme and those changes are not currently reflected on main YET ;) The job I have taken on in this department I have asked ppl to do for me. Let me program and create distros. Repo handling has been turned down sometimes 50 ppl at a time once they understand the impact. I have written software to automate repository handling. It has done an awesome job at just that, however I would like to make the process of updating if there is a newer version out there etc also automatic. Let a computer make the decisions and eliminate human error. The software I speak of I have not shared with anyone else, however when I see it works perfectly across the board will publish for the world to have.

We have a fat pipe or should I say pipes (we are cloud hosted unlimited bandwidth and space, 6 computers the slowest is 1 gbps, fastest being 10gbps), I look for this to have a somewhat crippling effect on us at first. Once I see traffic die off I will return to my main function of programming and distro writing & not look back. I find it ironic unlimited & we have been shut down many times for traffic. I am hoping that will not be the case when I am done.

I typically do not have time to respond to emails / pms etc. I would like you to try theme linux's repository and report any error if any you see here. I am going to provide the deb:
themelinux-0.0.1_all.deb
This will add theme linux's repository to your sources list, grab the gpg key & add it to your trusted sources list keyring.
(1.99 KiB) Downloaded 452 times

once installed run the following you will see many upgrades available:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

If there is an issue here, I would like to nip it in the bud now. Rather then when I screw up 100,000 computers, working with what I am doing now. A theme is no big deal, software on the other hand is a new animal.

I appreciate any new info on the above.

Thanks,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby billhedrick » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:14 am

TheeMann, that script worked great! I now have one kernal in 2.8, that's all I want or need.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby deviltalk » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:29 am

if you build it i'll test it, on my pos netbook (lol) AND write you a report.
Intel(R) Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz
512 KB L2
1 g ram

deviltalk
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby billhedrick » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Is there a download link for 2.6.1? I can't find it
billhedrick
Site Admin

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.6.1

Postby deviltalk » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:36 am

TheeMahn wrote:
Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for what doing anything below may cause to happen to your computer :)

I have since re-built Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 and is straight off the hook running it now & absolutely love it (will be my main O/S at least until I drop 3.0). Found a smart fella that taught me how to strip old kernels from a chroot environment, yes I too still learn. All in one line, please do not do so unless you only want one kernel & your latest at that, I am trying to spread the knowledge in case someone is interested (please do not run this):
dpkg -l 'linux-*' | sed '/^ii/!d;/'"$(uname -r | sed "s/\(.*\)-\([^0-9]\+\)/\1/")"'/d;s/^[^ ]* [^ ]* \([^ ]*\).*/\1/;/[0-9]/!d' | xargs -p sudo apt-get -y purge

Wow, is what I said. The guy probably spent some serious time there piping and testing. I have seen scripts that do so, but none are a single line. Hat's off to the fella. Today I downloaded the entire repository from "main" and ran my repomaster on it, I see we have a broken package on board. I intend to not only fix, but update. I have written a deb to auto add mains repo and snatch the gpg key (also not released yet). This is going to be a large undertaking, uploading 20GB of info is going to suck. If I can get away with ssh'ing in and wget grabbing files server to server xfer I will be on it. 11MB a sec is better then my 60kbps.

http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/Sed.html#uh-0
all i gotta say is WOW.
Intel(R) Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz
512 KB L2
1 g ram

deviltalk
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

themelinux-0.0.1_all.deb

Postby win2linconvert » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:57 am

Well, I installed the themelinux deb and updated apt-get a few days ago and so far I've had no problems. Haven't tried the kernel purge yet. Think I'll try it after I get through downloading the new 2.6.1 iso. That way if I screw things up I can just reinstall with the new and improved version. Will let you know how things go in a day or so.

win2linconvert

P.S. Couldn't post a reply in the hidden posts section. Could have sworn I was able to post there before. Is my memory faulty or have y'all taken away the ability to post replies in that section?
win2linconvert
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Location: The Occupied & Oppressed (since 1865) Confederate States of America.
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.9 64 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Archive